Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2017, 09:58 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,581,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There's nothing "false" about being attacked from behind and subsequently fleeing further attack by going in a forward direction.

It's all on video. The jury will see it.
You waste your time debating with morons.

I've seen the video. The back of the driver's car was clearly hit with some sort of bat or stick by AntiFa scum and then the driver sped off and then there were screeching tires and then he hit a car in front of him, and then AntiFa scum attacked his car from the rear, smashing at his windows and the sides of his car. That's when he sped off in reverse and mowed down those people attacking his car..

These morons don't want to believe you.

I wonder why they think the DA has not charged the driver with 1st degree murder?

There will be an investigation and a trial. Until then, the Left is just screaming for blood.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:05 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yaaaawn, next outrage of the day... By the way, you LIED (not surprised at all). SHE said they called multiple times but not during the funeral.
Actually I did not LIE, (such an odd accusation coming from a Trump apologist), so please do not accuse me of it.

You did not LISTEN to the woman.

"...Following those remarks, Bro, who said the White House tried to reach out to her during her daughter’s funeral Wednesday, made clear she had no interest in having any conversation with her country’s president....

“I have not and I now I will not,” she told ABC’s Good Morning America. “At first I just missed his calls. The first call, it actually looked like it came during the funeral. I didn’t even see that message. There were three more frantic messages from press secretaries throughout the day, and I didn’t know why..."

Trump Tried to Call Heather Heyer

Old 08-18-2017, 10:10 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post

I've seen the video. The back of the driver's car was clearly hit with some sort of bat or stick by AntiFa scum and then the driver sped off and then there were screeching tires and then he hit a car in front of him, and then AntiFa scum attacked his car from the rear, smashing at his windows and the sides of his car. That's when he sped off in reverse and mowed down those people attacking his car..

I wonder why they think the DA has not charged the driver with 1st degree murder?

There will be an investigation and a trial. Until then, the Left is just screaming for blood.
If you can back up your BS, do so. Post the link to the video.

The DA has not charged 1st Degree Murder because that requires premeditation. I suspect they are going through his emails and texts with a fine tooth comb at this very moment.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Actually I did not LIE, (such an odd accusation coming from a Trump apologist), so please do not accuse me of it.

You did not LISTEN to the woman.

"...Following those remarks, Bro, who said the White House tried to reach out to her during her daughter’s funeral Wednesday, made clear she had no interest in having any conversation with her country’s president....

“I have not and I now I will not,” she told ABC’s Good Morning America. “At first I just missed his calls. The first call, it actually looked like it came during the funeral. I didn’t even see that message. There were three more frantic messages from press secretaries throughout the day, and I didn’t know why..."

Trump Tried to Call Heather Heyer
We all know exactly why these press secretaries were making frantic calls throughout the day.

They wanted an image of Trump comforting the bereaved mother to counteract the repulsiveness of his public support for the KKK and their Nazis cohorts.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:16 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post

As one of those "morons" I think the reason he was not charged with 1st degree murder is twofold.

First--We do not know he was attempting to kill someone by ramming his car into the crowd, but he did allegedly deliberately ram the car and a murder occurred, so that would be 2nd degree if the murder was not planned.

Second--if it was premeditated, that would be very difficult to prove in this case unless he told someone or wrote of his plans. Second degree is a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life, so would be more appropriate in this case.

if the killer was attacked first, as you claim, why is the prosecutor charging him with second degree murder, rather than saying it was self-defense or vehicular homicide?

Old 08-18-2017, 10:17 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Will somebody please post a link to the video that shows the charger being struck by a protester's flagpole prior to running down the people? Please.........
This is repeated over and over but nowhere does anybody actually link to the video sequence that shows this.
I've googled for it and watched literally hours of footage looking for it but nowhere have I seen a protester poking the charger with a flagpole.
Here is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Plzx73K68

The screech heard is the car going from the brick pavement (there is a sign that says "Bump") to concrete pavement to the asphalt pavement and not at the crash site. Normal as it lost traction and then regained traction. He was going at some speed and did not hit his brakes before he crashed. He did not stop for the Stop Sign before crossing onto the brick pavement. The pole hit to the area near the rear left brake lens can be seen and the thump heard. After which the cars engine can be heard revving.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:20 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
As one of those "morons" I think the reason he was not charged with 1st murder is twofold.

First--We do not know he was attempting to kill someone by ramming his car into the crowd, but he did allegedly deliberately ram the car and a murder occurred, so that would be 2nd degree if the murder was not planned.

Second--if it was premeditated, that would be very difficult to prove in this case unless he told someone or wrote of his plans. Second degree is a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life, so would be more appropriate in this case.

if the killer was attacked first, as you claim, why is the prosecutor charging him with second degree murder, rather than saying it was self-defense or vehicular homicide?
I'm only addressing the question. A prosecutor would still file 2nd degree to use that as leverage to get someone plead guilty to something less.

I am NOT making a comment on what he should be charged with. I do not know enough. I'm just answering the question of why a prosecutor would file for a charge he would have a hard time enforcing.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Here is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Plzx73K68

The screech heard is the car going from the brick pavement (there is a sign that says "Bump") to concrete pavement to the asphalt pavement and not at the crash site. Normal as it lost traction and then regained traction. He was going at some speed and did not hit his brakes before he crashed. He did not stop for the Stop Sign before crossing onto the brick pavement. The pole hit to the area near the rear left brake lens can be seen and the thump heard. After which the cars engine can be heard revving.
At what second in the video did the pole hit the car?

Old 08-18-2017, 10:21 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Prosecution always start at highest charge and then work down to actual charge as trial nears.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:29 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Will somebody please post a link to the video that shows the charger being struck by a protester's flagpole prior to running down the people? Please.........
This is repeated over and over but nowhere does anybody actually link to the video sequence that shows this.
I've googled for it and watched literally hours of footage looking for it but nowhere have I seen a protester poking the charger with a flagpole.
Here is a witness statement:

Brennan Gilmore, a 37-year-old who works for a start up, shot the footage and said he heard tires squealing before he saw a car build up speed and ram the crowd. It hit a number of people before plowing into the bumper of another car. "It was very clearly intentional," Gilmore told NBC News. "From the far end of the street it accelerated, slowed down right before the crowd and then slammed on the gas through the crowd sending bodies flying. And then it reversed back into the street dragging bodies and clothes."
Charlottesville Rally Turns Deadly: One Killed After Car Strikes Crowd - NBC News

This is the video of the car being hit by something that looks like a flag seconds before it made contact with the crowd, notice the car was already in motion

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_...eature%3Dshare
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies