Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2017, 11:33 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Lol, now CNN is going the direction that all whites are racists;

How ordinary people become 'white supremacists by default' - CNN
This is typical of their Political View. I take exception to this and the Reporters of CNN broadcast this garbage for ratings only.

As an American I am Offended!

Old 08-19-2017, 11:42 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I hope you guys parse words and sympathize with the terrorist if he is Muslim and brown next time. I'm not going to hold my breath.
We've already been there in relation to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ntaSJh5paU

And we had to undo it starting with this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viBmXF7L7ss

Old 08-19-2017, 12:18 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
... One has to suspend all sanity to think this ... - just "had an accident".

IMHO, he is unlikely to see the outside of a prison for a decade or more. I hope it's longer...because a teen who would abuse their mother in a wheelchair is a danger to society.
My thoughts exactly.

Bail was denied. Though throwing a bunch of men who have rage issues into a cramped space seems a poor idea for them.

It seems like a good idea for us.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:33 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,247,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They didn't use them.

The counter-protesters just can't keep themselves peaceful and nonviolent, as usual. They did in fact attack people with the weapons THEY were carrying.

Tiki torches? How did they use those as a weapon? Details please...

And self-defense used against the (as usual!) attacking left is in fact warranted. The more the left physically attacks people and their personal property, the more incidents like this you're going to see. MANY people have been warning about this and asking the left to STOP being so violent and to STOP assaulting others.

Peaceful protest is legal. Physical assault, battery, and vandalism against others with whom you don't ideologically agree are not.
They hit people the students with the torches on the Friday night.

Many videos show the Nazis initiating the violence, charging at the counter-protesters so in those cases they weren't peacefully protesting, they were violently attacking people who were, at that point, peacefully protesting.

I don't deny Antifa likely initiated violence too but they were not the only counter-protesters, many of them were peaceful locals and members of the clergy who were violently attacked by the not-so-peaceful Nazis.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:42 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
I sincerely doubt it. WAY too much evidence to the contrary: The blue-shirted attacker striking his car before he accelerated forward to flee attack, the supposedly "peaceful" counter-ptotesters throwing cement-filled soda cans at and kicking cars in Charlottesville streets just for being there, causing that one close call at another Charlottesville intersection where 3 to 4 cars barely missed slamming into each in a panicked attempt to flee the violence-crazed mob, etc., etc.
Hope you never serve on a jury.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:46 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
They hit people the students with the torches on the Friday night.

Many videos show the Nazis initiating the violence, charging at the counter-protesters so in those cases they weren't peacefully protesting, they were violently attacking people who were, at that point, peacefully protesting.
Oh, good grief, no. I showed the video of violence-crazed counter-protesters throwing cement-filled soda cans at people, and committing other violent acts. Self-defense is a reasonable response to that.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:49 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Getting back to the root of this thread, it's about the Statue in Lee's park. Whether it should be torn down or not and the protest that followed from both sides. This thread has devolved into a minute parsing of single frames of a video depicting very obscure actions. There was a lot more going on in charlottesville the the nanosecond when the anti protester may or may not have hit the Dodge Charger with a stick as it was charging by to perhaps, ask the people at the end of the street for directions to Ohio.

MY thoughts on all the monuments to confederate military heros is as follows........

Those statues and monuments depicting heroic warriors defending the southern Confederacy were all put in place between 1878 and the 1920s. None were erected prior to that time or after except the mountain wall carving in Georgia, which is like a white supremacist holy place. Jim Crow laws came into being in 1877 and those monuments were a direct result of Jim Crow.

They were a direct reminder of Jim Crow laws to the people and were a constant reminder in those towns of who represented the people that ruled that town. They were symbols and constant reminders to the people of Jim Crow, segregation and white supremacy.
There's not one monument ever erected depicting black southern individuals in heroic poses.

That being said, I don't think there should be some national purging of the monuments. It should be up to the local people to decide if they want to keep it or not. People who go around ripping them down or defacing them are nothing better than common vandals, in my opinion, no matter what principle they are trying to establish.

My honest thoughts on the monument controversy.

Last edited by mohawkx; 08-19-2017 at 01:03 PM..

Old 08-19-2017, 12:50 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Hope you never serve on a jury.
If you're ever charged with a crime, you should hope that I do. I refuse to convict anyone unless they've been proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Also odd about the "reported" sequence of events...

An image of the accident scene being processed:

https://pmchollywoodlife.files.wordp...ical.jpg?w=300

But the drone video doesn't show the white car being pushed into the red van. It only shows the red van plowing into the crowd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKIqpUCtEHw

Where's the white car?
People are entering the street after the red van plows into the crowd, and the white car is not even there yet.
Behind the minivan and hidden by the building.

You will find the line-up in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thWD...=1#t=14.697456

Last edited by jojajn; 08-19-2017 at 01:13 PM..

Old 08-19-2017, 12:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Already mentioned that the AntiFA/BLM people surrounded his car, smashed holes into his rear window, smashed his passenger window and tore off his passenger mirror. Are you telling us you would have just sat there and let it continue and not fear for your life during those moments? You are confusing two different pole hits to his car. The first was when he drove down the street where a person hit his rear tail light and the second after the crash where people were smashing his rear window.

This is what they were hitting his car with during the second time:
https://www.united-states-flag.com/6...yABEgIrGPD_BwE

This was used as a weapon.
He was lucky he didn't get drug out of his car and beat to a pulp after what he had just done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies