Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2017, 02:03 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Don't say it's the left. It's a small circle of powerful, rich people who are on the left doing this.

I've been calling this for months. In fact, I predicted this would happen shortly after Trump won. It's not going to go away until Trump is out of office. It will only escalate. Look for bigger incidents as time goes on.
And I'm afraid then they might keep going even after Trump left the office.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:05 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,033 times

Old 08-20-2017, 02:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I predicted it's start on the first night of the "Not my President" protests.
There ya go. If you read Wikileaks and know how vindictive some people are, and what lengths they'll go to in order to cause disruption, you'd have seen this coming, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
And I'm afraid then they might keep going even after Trump left the office.
That's a good point. I think your fears may be justified. There's an agenda - and I think that's why the Democratic party has been hijacked - and they're not going to quit until their mission is complete.

All of this bigger stuff is being orchestrated, not by the 'left' or 'Democrats' or 'Progressives' but a small, powerful circle of moneyed people who happen to be Dems.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
I don't think that imbecile was planning ANYthing. I think he reacted with sudden rage, panic, or both. My guess is he just accelerated, like a frantic angry kid, having a tantrum. He had to've known he'd be caught posthaste. I'll be interested in his psych eval, esp IQ. Want to wager it's double digits? At least THIS violent idjit won't get off based on his low intellect/sad childhood/mental illness being an "excuse" as so many violent criminals do. I hope they leave him in gen pop but will prob put him in protective custody with the pedos so the inmates don't rip him apart.

I see it as an impulsive deed done by a childish, no impulse control fool, hoping to impress his WN pals, by his derring-do.

The media showed his dreary, low rent apartment bulding; yet he had a 40K sportscar. That tells you he makes BAD decisions and has ego issues and is dying to impress people (girls?) He isn't exactly dashing either. Lameass in a tacky rental but with a showy car, please. He is NOT a "planner".

Or he was someone's patsy.
I disagree, and since neither of us can get into his head, who knows who's right? One thing we do know is that he deliberately drove into a street full of people. Now I don't know about you, but I wouldn't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There's already proof that he braked for the crowd, but then accelerated into the stopped cars after his car was attacked from behind. No need to keep going over this.

Maybe this will help:

"The following offenses shall constitute capital murder, punishable as a Class 1 felony:

...The willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing of any person by another in the commission of or attempted commission of an act of terrorism"

https://vacode.org/2016/18.2/4/1/18.2-31/
You didn't answer the question. So I take it, no law degree, no membership in the Virginia bar. Not a question.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:29 PM

89,008 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
You didn't answer the question. So I take it, no law degree, no membership in the Virginia bar. Not a question.
Doesn't matter what I think. What matters is what the DA charges. No Murder One = insufficient evidence to prove it was an act of terrorism.

I know a lot of people aren't going to like that, but truth matters.

Old 08-20-2017, 03:07 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
There ya go. If you read Wikileaks and know how vindictive some people are, and what lengths they'll go to in order to cause disruption, you'd have seen this coming, right?

The US went through two administrations over a 16 year period that diverted our attention from own problems to mostly problems in and to the Middle East. This situation was not a if but a when. The citizens (L and R) of the US have been waiting long enough where the pressure was growing. Charlottesville was the first large release of many pressure releases to come. Many people think the Republicans voted for Trump when in actually they were voting for Not Hillary. Everyone knew Trump did not have the ability to be a true POTUS. But as he was saying what was on his mind, everyone wanted to do the same thing. With Trump we knew that release was coming. With Clinton we thought we were going to deal with another 4-8 years of Middle East issues.

Old 08-20-2017, 03:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
The US went through two administrations over a 16 year period that diverted our attention from own problems to mostly problems in and to the Middle East. This situation was not a if but a when. The citizens (L and R) of the US have been waiting long enough where the pressure was growing. Charlottesville was the first large release of many pressure releases to come. Many people think the Republicans voted for Trump when in actually they were voting for Not Hillary. Everyone knew Trump did not have the ability to be a true POTUS. But as he was saying what was on his mind, everyone wanted to do the same thing. With Trump we knew that release was coming. With Clinton we thought we were going to deal with another 4-8 years of Middle East issues.
Who's this "we", Kemosabe? I didn't vote for Trump! It was obvious to me his rantings on the campaign trail, including talk of his penis size, were like the ravings at a bar where a bunch of drunks are "solving the world's problems". It was also obvious to me that he was totally incompetent to do this job. He would have never hired anyone as inexperienced as himself to run a company; why did he think he could be POTUS when he'd never been elected dog catcher, never had any type of political job?

He has been a destablizing force in the entire world with all this "drama, drama" of his. It's not just me that thinks so; I read the same in Time Magazine last night, though I've been thinking that for months now.

Old 08-20-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Who's this "we", Kemosabe? ...
"We" is the "Not Hillary" voters.

Old 08-20-2017, 04:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
You've now figured out that you are still going to deal with another 4-8 year of ME issues, yes?

Old 08-20-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You've now figured out that you are still going to deal with another 4-8 year of ME issues, yes?
We shall see tomorrow.
Trump to Address Afghanistan Strategy Monday Night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies