Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2017, 09:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump gave a lengthy defense of his Charlottesville statements during his Phoenix rally.

Does he really not get this?
What, that BOTH SIDES that were there were filled with loons,idiots and lemmings bent on violence?

I'm sure he gets it as do all rational non partisan people.

Now those totally infected with TDS? Not so much...

Old 08-23-2017, 09:44 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Are you implying that Fields was acting as judge, jury, and executioner for an active participant in a protest?
No. I'm using all the video's that are on the net to see what may have led to him being in a rush down that two block street. Mobs are on video attacking cars w/o VA plates (w/o even knowing who was in the car). They were attacking any car with closed windows. Well if it's 90 outside and humid, one is going to have closed windows. A person was in danger just for being white and wearing a white polo shirt. There are enough video's and stills on the net currently for any concrete thinker to establish a timeline from all the rallies being canceled at 11:30 to the time of this incident at 1:15.

IMO Fields were none of those. A person who was this:

Quote:
Abouyaaqoub, 22, of Moroccan origin, ... after he used a van to mow down pedestrians in Barcelona’s famous Las Ramblas promenade on Thursday, killing 13 people and injuring over 120.
https://worldisraelnews.com/police-s...van-terrorist/

Do people not know or understand the difference?

Old 08-23-2017, 09:44 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
For the sake of argument only, one only has to have some common sense and/or have watched at least one of the myriad of legal shows/judge shows to know that the defense will bring up all of those things IF they paint their client in a good light and/or add to reasonable doubt.
Probably the worst place of all to get one's legal "education". I'm not a lawyer, I'm a nurse. I've watched enough "doctor" shows (I do not deliberately choose these; my daughter used to watch some when she lived with us) to know that they give a totally unrealistic impression of the medical profession and health care professionals in general. Doctors doing the work of CNAs, "sex in the linen closet", etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
All this speculation, I cannot wait to see a detailed analysis of the scene/events; the entire thing seems "off" to me.

Am I alone in thinking JF may be a patsy/hired operative?
He may've been planted there to stir the pot.

I vacillate between that and thinking he is just a really dumb loser who lived in a dingy apt and had to buy a flashy car to make himself feel better about his crappy life, and who reacted from a childish rage impulse he was too immature to control, and wanted to get in good with the WN because he has no friends.

Either way I do not think he planned to do as he did.
No, but close to alone. I think (and I know this can't be proven) he was acting on his own. We may find out.

He probably didn't plan to kill someone. However, driving a car anywhere requires some planning, e.g. "I'm going to turn here, go straight there", etc.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
All this speculation, I cannot wait to see a detailed analysis of the scene/events; the entire thing seems "off" to me.

Am I alone in thinking JF may be a patsy/hired operative?
He may've been planted there to stir the pot.

I vacillate between that and thinking he is just a really dumb loser who lived in a dingy apt and had to buy a flashy car to make himself feel better about his crappy life, and who reacted from a childish rage impulse he was too immature to control, and wanted to get in good with the WN because he has no friends.

Either way I do not think he planned to do as he did.
Occam's Razor might apply here...

Quote:
His principle states that among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.
Basically, the simplest explanation is probably the correct one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Old 08-23-2017, 09:50 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
He probably didn't plan to kill someone. However, driving a car anywhere requires some planning, e.g. "I'm going to turn here, go straight there", etc.
What planning is needed to follow the directions of a GPS?

Old 08-23-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
No. I'm using all the video's that are on the net to see what may have led to him being in a rush down that two block street. Mobs are on video attacking cars w/o VA plates (w/o even knowing who was in the car). They were attacking any car with closed windows. Well if it's 90 outside and humid, one is going to have closed windows. A person was in danger just for being white and wearing a white polo shirt. There are enough video's and stills on the net currently for any concrete thinker to establish a timeline from all the rallies being canceled at 11:30 to the time of this incident at 1:15.

IMO Fields were none of those. A person who was this:

https://worldisraelnews.com/police-s...van-terrorist/

Do people not know or understand the difference?
Actually some of the legal shows (not the nighttime drama type shows like all the medical ones) are quite accurate, especially the cable shows that follow trials in the courtroom from start to finish. Watching trials gives one a pretty good idea of how things may work...

Old 08-23-2017, 10:06 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
What's that got to do with the price of beans? I'm not playing "Socratic Seminar" with you, Pruz. You're an engineer, you say, not an attorney.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:13 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Instead of using the opportunity to unite the country, Trump talked about himself. Trump made himself out to be the victim of the events in Charlottesville! No mention at all of the woman who lost her life there!
Speaking about the anti-Trump media, Trump said:

"But they also said that he must be a racist because he never mentioned the driver of the car, who is a terrible person, drove the car and he killed Heather, and it's a terrible thing. But they said I didn't mention, so these are my words. "The driver of the car is a murderer, and what he did was a horrible, inexcusable thing." They said I didn't mention it."

In fact, it was absolutely wrong for Trump to call the driver a murderer.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:16 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Common sense.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:22 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Instead of using the opportunity to unite the country, Trump talked about himself. Trump made himself out to be the victim of the events in Charlottesville! No mention at all of the woman who lost her life there!

It sounds as if the crowd was enthusiastic enough early in the evening, chanting, "Lock her up," (apparently, this never gets old with team Trump) and one thing and another.

But as Trump lurched from one rant to another -- "Hundreds left early, while others plopped down on the ground, scrolled through their social media feeds or started up a conversation with their neighbors."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.61b7144bee5b

Meanwhile, no one outside the truly faithful were buying into his excuses for how he responded to what went on in Charlottesville. He called the counter-protestors "Thugs" at several points.

What a sorry excuse for a president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies