Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2017, 02:53 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I suppose one can only assume Fields chose to injure more people by jamming his car in reverse and hitting others while backing up.
He could have injured many more if he had backed up slightly, then drove forward onto the sidewalk and away on Water street.

He didn't do that.

Blows your "intentional" assertion all to hell.

Old 08-24-2017, 02:54 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
What does the victim's body habitus have to do with the auto crash?
A few thousand posts ago, her being the one in the green shirt wasn't definitely her. Her description at the time was pulled from her Face Book page.

If you look through the photos you'll see that the people aiding her had her sitting up and talking, so she was alive but due them sitting her up they contributed to her internal injuries in which her heart stopped and could not be resuscitated.

Old 08-24-2017, 03:00 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He could have injured many more if he had backed up slightly, then drove forward onto the sidewalk and away on Water street.

He didn't do that.

Blows your "intentional" assertion all to hell.
Yup, he was a regular little Boy Scout because he chose to get away instead of killing more people.

Old 08-24-2017, 03:02 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
A few thousand posts ago, her being the one in the green shirt wasn't definitely her. Her description at the time was pulled from her Face Book page.

If you look through the photos you'll see that the people aiding her had her sitting up and talking, so she was alive but due them sitting her up they contributed to her internal injuries in which her heart stopped and could not be resuscitated.
How would sitting up contribute to internal injuries? That is absurd. She most likely had acceleration/deceleration tears of her great blood vessels and the massive internal bleeding caused her heart to stop. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traumatic_aortic_rupture

Old 08-24-2017, 03:05 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Your included photo is driving forward and not in reverse. The black man seen flying ended up on his feet and was able to walk to the other side of the Tundra and sit on it (per another one of your photos) before the car went into reverse. There was only one person actually hurt when he pulled in reverse as she ( I listed her name in a earlier post) got trapped between him and the Tundra. She is the only one still in the hospital. Per her comments, she thought it was a accident.
Not all folks were watching Fields fly down the street. The demonstration was *in front* of the side street. Absent other observations, the natural impulse *is* to assume an accident for who in their right mind deliberately drives into a crowd of people.

I assume the black man is the one who was Heather's friend; broken leg or, per your earlier post if it's the same guy, ankle.

Since you have access to local papers and I'm certainly not spending any time researching this on the web, I've been somewhat amenable to deferring to you for certain details.

But it was a tad irritating to have you write back during the jaywalking argument that *only* Heather was between Fields' car and the white compact only to see a packed crowd in the photos Johan just posted. If you meant that only Heather *remained* (seemingly ignoring the others that were also directly hit - the two men who flew into the air and the woman who ended up hitting Fields' windshield) because everyone else ran away, that's a bit ingenuous.

If I'm misinterpreting something or misunderstanding for I haven't kept a "cheat sheet" please feel free to correct me.

But it sure looks like that Fields deliberately drove into a crowd of people that he could clearly see.

And with a murder 2 charge, the authorities seem to agree.

Old 08-24-2017, 03:11 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The guy had his plan in place. Hit a bunch of people. Run into another vehicle to stop. Throw it into reverse and get the hell out of there.

Going up onto the sidewalk might have trapped him in the midst of those "violent lefties."
Would have been easier to plow through bodies than cars that might have come behind him and penned him in while he was driving in reverse.

Old 08-24-2017, 03:12 PM

White Nationalist Christopher Cantwell Surrenders After Charlottesville Violence : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 08-24-2017, 03:17 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
You aren't running away, but - you won't say WHY my math is wrong, just that it is. Instead you choose to whine about tone.

I call that running away. Buck up snowflake, address the content.
I don't believe you or anyone else here has all the info necessary to do mathematical calculations that answer relevant questions.

You mention car lengths, but we don't actually know all the car lengths.

We don't know the speed of all the cars involved.

We don't have all the relevant measurements of the street(s) and items on the street that may or may not be relevant.

And on and on.

So you can do math until hell freezes over, but anything you come up with is only a guess.

And since you need to get personal with anyone who disagrees with you, your credibility is greatly diminished.

So while I agree that math may answer many of the relevant questions for a jury, it will be math done by experts on the scene who have access to all the relevant info, not someone like you.

Old 08-24-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Would have been easier to plow through bodies than cars that might have come behind him and penned him in while he was driving in reverse.
There was a low probability of another car coming down the block as the main street he had come from was full of Police (the park borders on that street). There were very few public owned cars driving around in the city two hours after everyone was told to leave.

Old 08-24-2017, 03:27 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Could you please post the video of this? Seems to me that they would have been stopped since they were both at a stop sign.
At the 32 second mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrRxXxJoraI&oref

You keep posting incorrect information. That's why what you post isn't credible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies