Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2017, 04:10 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
So we agree. You haven't done the REAL math because you are too lazy in your own words.

You believe your credibility is undiminished when you get personal with people rather than just discuss facts. Lots of people will disagree with you there, but you can call it white noise all you want.

And, again we agree that real math rather than your made up estimates will be given to the jury.

Great we agree. Now leave me alone. Thanks.
Nah, we don't agree. Because I say my math and estimates are reasonable and you say they are not.

You must have a reason for this. What is specifically unreasonable about them?

Old 08-24-2017, 04:15 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
A couple points with this video. I assume the red van was starting out from stopping at the stop sign and the white car was in turn approaching the stop sign when the white car was hit. These cars are moving very slowly and the Challenger comparatively quite fast. This slow movement, nevertheless, would have mitigated the damage caused on the white car after the Challenger rear ended it at a higher speed. The video also shows the proximity to the black pick up during impact. Also, seeing the front bumper hanging off the Challenger, I see why his only option was to drive backwards to get out of there.

The bolded makes no sense as he obviously did not drive backwards around Charlottesville until police apprehended him. What in the world are you trying to say?

Old 08-24-2017, 04:20 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Nah, we don't agree. Because I say my math and estimates are reasonable and you say they are not.

You must have a reason for this. What is specifically unreasonable about them?
They don't include all the relevant information by your own admission because you are too lazy.

As a consequence, they are worthless.

Also, you wasted my time with google maps looking for light poles and yourself could not even recognize that there are no light poles at the intersection on the right and only a stop sign that is easily mowed down if in your way.

I don't take kindly to people who waste my time with nonsense.

Additionally, I can look at the scene on the videos and google maps and see that it would have been entirely feasible to veer towards the sidewalk and turn the corner onto main street rather than hit the car in front of me and then either be stuck or have to back up several blocks uphill to get away.

Anything else?

Old 08-24-2017, 04:26 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
Quote:
They don't include all the relevant information by your own admission because you are too lazy.

False, it is not an all or nothing thing, they can be used to guess a reasonable range.

Quote:
Also, you wasted my time with google maps looking for light poles and yourself could not even recognize that there are no light poles at the intersection on the right and only a stop sign that is easily mowed down if in your way.
There were poles on each side of his approach close enough to make turning unreasonable.

Quote:
Don't care.

Quote:
Additionally, I can look at the scene on the videos and google maps and see that it would have been entirely feasible to veer towards the sidewalk and turn the corner onto main street rather than hit the car in front of me and then either be stuck or have to back up several blocks uphill to get away.
Sure if you ignore the laws of physics, anything is easy. I can turn potatoes into gold. EZ

Old 08-24-2017, 04:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
This thread is discussing the auto crash itself at this point. Why you have to bring me up personally is beyond me and you may want to do a refresh read of of the TOS where it says to discuss the topic and not the people posting.

The woman on the top of the car in post 5595 in the green shirt is obese and possibly morbidly obese. It is a commonly used PC term for describing a person. If you have a problem with the use of the word as a description then you can press the icon in the top right corner.
There are no such rules on CD about staying to the topic one poster wishes to discuss, especially with these merged threads. We are supposed to stay "on topic" which is "Charlottesville Protests".

Pot, meet Kettle.

Go Fly Your Kite.

Old 08-24-2017, 04:29 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No. Neither was at the stop sign yet. They were approaching the stop sign. And it's very odd how closely that white car was tailgating the red van.
Wow! In that case, the impact from the Challenger must have been more than I initially thought because the Challenger literally thrust the red van clear into the middle of the intersection!

Old 08-24-2017, 04:30 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Does her weight make her any more or less died? What was your point in bringing up her weight in the first place?
Anything to smear the victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Yup, he was a regular little Boy Scout because he chose to get away instead of killing more people.
I think the question is - why are we still responding to 2 or 3 posters who are determined to create their own facts and defend a racist murderer?

Old 08-24-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
[/b]

The bolded makes no sense as he obviously did not drive backwards around Charlottesville until police apprehended him. What in the world are you trying to say?
He was driving forward like this?

Charlottesville white nationalist rally blamed for 3 deaths, dozens of injuries | Fox News

Old 08-24-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:

Anything else?
No poles to the right of the stop sign, just a brick building.

Old 08-24-2017, 04:44 PM

8,501 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
Wait a minute, hold the phone.

HOW did the black fella shown in this photo as being impacted by the car reversing, GET TO the top of the black truck?
This is the same guy that other vids show on the hood of that truck, AT THE POINT OF IMPACT.

Are they two different guys? They look identical.
No. Same guy, surely. What makes you think the guy is on the hood of the truck *at the point of impact?*

My take - and it's only that for I don't have videos bookmarked etc. and certainly no accident diagrams - is that the photo is Fields still going forward past the black truck for at least a few more feet. There are lots of videos of Fields' reversing when he again passes the black truck this time loaded with Antifa or bystanders (isn't that that where the girl trapped between Fields' car and the black truck was injured?).

The black guy had a broken leg (or per one poster, broken ankle). He probably hopped up on the truck before Fields again swept through since he couldn't walk. Later on he's seen sitting up against a building doubled up in pain holding his leg with his fiancé at his side.

EDITED TO ADD: You can see the man, one shoe torn off, right at the side of the black pickup with his arms on the truck about to hoist himself up. Photo - #5613.

Oh - and regarding your earlier question about the photos of Fields with the U R? Antifa takes extensive photos of their opponents - even those that aren't actually doing anything. They use social media to identify them then publicize their involvement with the AltRight hoping to get them fired, disrupt relationships etc.

I'm not defending the Antifa but *some* of their activities are not violent. But that said, per the manual that was floating around a recruit was pretty much expected to support and involve themselves in *all* activities including violent so-called "defense." Struck me, as pretty militaristic.

No surprise that they combed any photos they had trying to find Fields with the AltRight. Or anyone else with photos, for that matter.

Last edited by EveryLady; 08-24-2017 at 04:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies