Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2017, 04:54 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Cities like Charlottesville and Richmond can go from affluent to crime ridden area by going one block. The inner city for both skews crime statistics for the entire county as they are still small neighborhoods.
True, but I'm not sure what your point is?

Old 08-27-2017, 04:55 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Again, Charlottesville has branded itself as a town that will let the left-wing attack anyone, at will.

Old 08-27-2017, 04:59 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's visible in the tweeted photo.
He wasn't being threatened with it, watch the video.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:21 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So what? The lefty protesters committed criminal acts before any of the subsequent events even happened.
You're the worst offender I've come across in snipping posts to avoid issues.

Whether people were in the street illegally won't change anything in a trial unless people become invisible when acting illegally and Fields didn't see them.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
He wasn't being threatened with it, watch the video.
What makes you think a flame-throwing device of whatever means isn't life-threatening? It can and has been used as a fatal weapon.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're the worst offender I've come across in snipping posts to avoid issues.

Whether people were in the street illegally won't change anything in a trial unless people become invisible when acting illegally and Fields didn't see them.
The attack on his car prior to his fleeing the attack will be relevant.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:32 PM

23,553 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
After the crash there are few still photos and a quick video of the van after it was in the middle of the intersection. One video and a few photo shows its passengers climbing out of the rear and them leaving through the passenger door. For a moment in a still a person is seen sitting in the passenger seat and a face can be seen in the proximity of the drivers seat. Another still photo show the passenger sliding door to be open. The people who exited the van were wearing black pants with white flowers and I couldn't find them anywhere in the crowds. For it to get that much motion, it was not in Park. It was most likely in Drive with the Emergency Brake depressed a few clicks just enough that the engine didn't propel it forward on it's own. The van had minimal to no damage even though the white car had hit it. The momentum that past through the van was pretty small as only one person fell and that person got up and walked away.
I haven't been able to find those pictures that you mentioned. I did, however, see a photo of the passenger side, after the crash photo, and there was a person sitting in that passenger seat - dressed in beige/tan, which probably blended in, in the close-up shot of the interior which showed the drivers seat was empty. I don't really know if the person was in the rear of the vehicle and jumped into the passenger seat after the crash, or was in the passenger seat right before the crash .. we'll probably never know.

When Fisher was walking around taking videos passed by the van, the windows were rolled up. When the unknown person got the shot inside of the drivers side of the van right before the crash, the window was rolled down. When the unknown person got the shot of the passenger side after the crash, the window was rolled down.

None of those shots showed anyone, in the car or the crowd, wearing black pants with white flowers - I'm not denying that they were there, just that none of the shots/videos I'd seen had showed them, which is kind of odd. One would think that they'd stay fairly close to their vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Not about to read this 591 page thread but would like to ask a question? What is the big problem with Trump saying "violence on both sides"??? I'm sure we all saw the violence from both sides and feel like I am in the Twilight Zone. ?????
There was violence committed by both sides, Trump was right in saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Bingo. Out of gas? THAT had not occurred to me. Yes, I now remember ... the link to the "conspiracy" video had been posted here and, curious, I looked at it during a lunch. Intriguing to take a point of view or assertions, then puzzle through their possible validity.

There seem to be many such videos right now. I'm never sure if the advocates believe their points or are simply cashing in trying to amass youtube clicks. No doubt they include both variety. Not to deny that there are never cover-ups or plots of various varieties. JFK? Maybe. 9/11? Nah, at least for the initial attack.
Cashing in, no doubts about that.

I do think that there was cover-ups and plots with JFK. Not with 9/11 or with the Murrah bombing.
With the Murrah bombing, I, along with many others, did hear two bangs (even as far away as I live). But, the other buildings in area were tall and tightly packed, and the street was fairly narrow, the second bang had to be an echo from the sound waves from the explosion hitting the other buildings, as officials are claiming.

Old 08-27-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
But if by contrived, you mean a plot presumably with the involvement of others? If that's the case, WHY then would Fields use his own "essentially brand new car" with the correct license plates? He wasn't a suicide bomber but left the scene. Why then no aides-in-waiting to spirt him out of the country? Or plan?

Fields is not battle-hardened indoctrinated mercenary but an unstable kid. Pick him for your pastry (edited to correct to patsy; I'm hungry)? Heck, the guy will sing like the proverbial canary.

Your assertion just doesn't pass muster.
It does sound like he is unstable, beating his mom, the crash, etc. I highly expect him to try to get off on a temporary insanity plea, or something similar. Adacia Chambers, the one who mowed down all of those people in Stillwater in 2015, killing four and injuring 39, had a history of mental problems and tried to use that, the judge had her evaluated and then, after her evaluation, decided to not allow that plea. Earlier this year she was sentenced to life in prison. Not much was released during her trial, other then the mental problems and a few other things.

The case with Fields is a highly emotionally charged case, with two violent groups just waiting to descend on the city, again. I seriously doubt that much of what goes on in the trial will be made public.

Quote:
If it walks like a duck, quakes like a duck, and looks like a duck, the changes are that it is a DUCK.

The guy is a sick chicken.

Well so far ... I've got him being a canary, duck, and chicken.
That's an insult to all self respecting chickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The picture of Fields stopped while revving his engine indicates he was preparing to launch (maximum speed possible for short distance by revving engine with brake on. Then releasing brake when motor at high RPMs) his car into the crowd. I believe that picture shows intent and planning thus 1st degree homicide.
Possible, and just as possible that he'd done it to get people to move .. we don't know and can't say for certain what his intentions with that were. We may never know the answer to that.

Quote:
Two Men Have Been Arrested In Relation To Violence From Charlottesville Rally

Daniel P. Borden, 18, from Ohio for his part in the beating of DeAndre Harris and Richard W. Preston, 52, from Maryland was arrested and charging with discharging a firearm near Corey Long who was the man in the now-infamous photograph standing next to an elderly man and using a bottle of aerosol spray turned fire spray.

Two Men Have Been Arrested In Relation To Violence From Charlottesville Rally | The FADER
Good.

It's known that the beating happened because Harris had started it by punching one of the guys, but, that does not excuse them for beating him like they did!!

Preston had no business discharging his gun in a crowd of people, even though he'd shot into the ground. If he'd feared for his safety then pulling out the gun and just showing it is one thing, using it is a completely different matter.

Old 08-27-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Curious why Corey Long hasn't also been arrested. Is that legal in VA.....spraying fire at people?
He should have been, even if it were a misdemeanor that results in just a fine.

Quote:
The city is keeping arrests to a minimum so that neither side comes back to protest if these cases got to trial.
I can understand that reasoning, but, it should not stop them from doing their duty in charging people.
Heck, they should have thrown the whole lot, from both sides, who were using weapons, into the pokey. Something needs to be done before things get far worse. If every time these situations get out of control, with weapons being used, and these people start spending 30-60 days in jail along with paying fines, each and every time, then they eventually might stop being violent...unless they don't mind spending most of their time in jail, and have deep pockets. It sounds like antifa has created a cell called RAM, the people in that cell are being trained to 'deal' with cops at these 'counter-protests'. They are using past cop killers as those they want to emulate

Armed Antifa Call For Open Revolution | The Daily Caller

Both sides need to be disavowed by everyone, left and right, government officials and private citizens. The morons on both sides need to be held legally responsible, fines and/or jail time. This chit needs to stop!!!

Old 08-27-2017, 06:42 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
He should have been, even if it were a misdemeanor that results in just a fine.

I can understand that reasoning, but, it should not stop them from doing their duty in charging people.
Heck, they should have thrown the whole lot, from both sides, who were using weapons, into the pokey. Something needs to be done before things get far worse. If every time these situations get out of control, with weapons being used, and these people start spending 30-60 days in jail along with paying fines, each and every time, then they eventually might stop being violent...unless they don't mind spending most of their time in jail, and have deep pockets. It sounds like antifa has created a cell called RAM, the people in that cell are being trained to 'deal' with cops at these 'counter-protests'. They are using past cop killers as those they want to emulate

Armed Antifa Call For Open Revolution | The Daily Caller

Both sides need to be disavowed by everyone, left and right, government officials and private citizens. This chit needs to stop!!!
Agreed and by not doing their duty as LEO Charlottesville has just made it harder and more costly for other cities to contain these violent protestors on both sides. Shame on them. They will imo soon be seen for the conniving cowards they are. I'm surprised the victims in Charlottesville haven't started suing the city yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies