Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 08:02 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Let's be honest. He is putting WHITE America first. This is his base and this is why he babbled about the Charlottesville violence, blaming both sides for the riot, when even GOP senators like Hatch and Gardner are speaking out against trump today.
How do you figure? Trump's invested millions in the Amer-I-Can program for jobs skills training, specifically for Black youth in the inner cities. He expanded the budget 5X to fund traditionally Black universities. He's trying to give Black students options, outside of the failing inner-city schools, with his school choice plan. He's trying to bring manufacturing jobs back to the country & has specifically said he wants them placed in the inner cities where Blacks would benefit most. He's doubled the budget for apprenticeship programs, which would also help young Blacks.

Trump just believes that education & employment, not welfare & affirmative action programs, are the real equalizers for Black people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 09:16 AM

487 posts, read 544,944 times
[quote=dothetwist;49171758]Let's be honest. He is putting WHITE America first. This is his base and this is why he babbled about the Charlottesville violence, blaming both sides for the riot, when even GOP senators like Hatch and Gardner are speaking out against trump today.[/QUOT

I disagree. He connected with people in the inner cities and has established programs to support independence and productivity through new jobs and education.

He wants to break the cycles that will give both adults and children opportunities to make positive strides. So many children get caught up in this inner city cycle, children that with a chance can and will offer so much. If their environments and family structures can improve and become strong, they will blossom and will have more positive lives......which will continue with generations to come.

I see it that inner city communities are looking to him for change and hope, things that did not happen in the prior administration. I support whatever he can do to help them to give them this hope which they crave and need so much. So many adults want this for themselves and their children, they need help with the tools to accomplish this.

Also, family structure is so important for children to thrive and be happy. It may not be that there are two parents, however, structure is vital and teaching good values and responsibility are of the utmost importance for children. I would like to see more programs to help families achieve this by those who may need help. I have the utmost respect for the Big Brothers/Big Sister programs. We need more programs like this wonderful organization.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:19 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
His support has increased and leaves little doubt about his being reelected.
Kellyanne your "alternative facts" will not fly.

Trump supporters are still the same,it is the ones who didn't know who to vote for and went with trump that are the ones leaving and leaving in droves!

Old 08-13-2017, 10:49 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
How do you figure? Trump's invested millions in the Amer-I-Can program for jobs skills training, specifically for Black youth in the inner cities. He expanded the budget 5X to fund traditionally Black universities. He's trying to give Black students options, outside of the failing inner-city schools, with his school choice plan. He's trying to bring manufacturing jobs back to the country & has specifically said he wants them placed in the inner cities where Blacks would benefit most. He's doubled the budget for apprenticeship programs, which would also help young Blacks.

Trump just believes that education & employment, not welfare & affirmative action programs, are the real equalizers for Black people.

I hope this is true, but could you please provide a link because I honestly can't find anything to read about this. All I can find to read about are the cuts to programs and the shrinking of government. You know. The Republican mantra. This sounds so Democratic.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:50 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Most people who actually supported Trump still support him. He hasn't lost much if any of his base yet. The cohort who he is starting to lose are those who were never fully on-board the Trump train but voted for him because he seemed to them like a better choice than Hillary.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:37 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,124,732 times
This thread should be entitled 'will the delusional and ignorant please stand up?'...

Old 08-13-2017, 01:43 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Since Trump has been sworn in, he still has support from many of his voters. Most of his supporters would still vote for him if there was another election. At my town (in a blue state) there's still people wearing their MAGA shirts and flying a Trump flag on their car.
As stated by the late and great George Carlin - "Never underestimate the stupidity of people in Large Groups"!

Old 08-13-2017, 01:56 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two boys View Post
Yes, I still support him. He still perseveres through all of the controversy and opposition. He is putting America first as he said he would.
But, they continue to whine that "It was time.", no amnesty, no free college, no free childcare, no free healthcare......... They don't understand putting America FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I still don't care for the guy, and I would still vote for him again vs. Hillary and another 8 years of the Obama plan.
And, it is extremely likely that the Dems will either try to rerun Hillary based on "Russia/Putin" interference being the only reason she lost or someone else for whom "it is time".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He has gained more support here, from many moderate democrats, after seeing where their side wants to go and the violence they will use to get there.
Kind of an embarrassment for many to be associated with the Dem Party anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Most people who actually supported Trump still support him. He hasn't lost much if any of his base yet. The cohort who he is starting to lose are those who were never fully on-board the Trump train but voted for him because he seemed to them like a better choice than Hillary.
Yes, but with Trump being a better alternative than Hillary, many suspect the Dems cannot produce a viable candidate for 2020 (Hillary still wants it), which means those same ones will be on the Trump Train bound for victory once again in 2020.

Trump will be gaining support as we move forward. Maybe a good cleaning up of Congress will move things along in the direction that Trump is trying to take us.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:59 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Yes.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:04 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
This thread should be entitled 'will the delusional and ignorant please stand up?'...
So I guess, I am delusional and ignorant because I have a different opinion than you? Hmmmmm, seems tolerant to me.

All Trump has done is to fulfill, or try to fulfill his campaign promises. That's all. Yes, I still support him. Why not? The Democrat/Media false "Russia" plot to de-legitimize him didn't work, so now get ready for the "Trumps a racist" claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies