Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 03:56 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Hello? Leftist violently shutting down speeches, rallies, protests, PC speech enforced via the private sector and even at public institutions and employers.

Freedom of associate is as much about freedom to not have to associate with others you'd rather not.
You have that freedom. You just don't have it in places where it would interfere with the freedoms of others.

As for violence, I agree, it's wrong no matter who is doing it. Counterprotesting, however, is not necessarily violent. It, too, is free speech.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:57 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is because the so-called "mainstream" (Leftist) media have created the narrative that Trump supporters are all "white supremacists." That's what they're trying to peddle.
No, they are not. There is a difference between saying that white surpremacists tend to like Trump and saying that all Trump supporters are white supremacists.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:25 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump has been retweeting white supremacist rhetoric for a while now. And not only was one woman killed by the car, another twenty were injured and five are in critical condition. These groups have been out there for a long time but they feel Trump gives them a voice. They are Trump's base and they are more emboldened now that ever. IMO this rally was just the beginning for them.

Analysis: Why won't Donald Trump condemn white nationalism? - ABC News
Exactly.

We all know that "Make America Great Again" is really about "Make America White Again."

This is no big secret.

America is already great. MAGA is about white supremacy.

Not all Trump supporters are marching with torches. But of a bunch of them are.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:30 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Exactly.

We all know that "Make America Great Again" is really about "Make America White Again."

This is no big secret.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Obama bashed America, and apologized around the world for eight years as our jobs went overseas, and our debt soared, and infrastructure crumbled. The Trillion dollar stimulus went to his cronies, and unions instead of shovel ready jobs.

Trump wants to change that. Bring jobs back, especially manufacturing, and not continue to run up debt. Also, he admits the concept of America, and its founding is EXCEPTIONAL. We DID BUILD THAT! It has nothing to do with anything racial, but you want to demonize, so........ Nice try though.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:34 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Exactly.

This is no big secret.

And apparently the Tiki company is not appreciating the white supremacists using their torches.

Tiki brand denounces use of torches by white supremacists | TheHill

Finally a company with something to lose is willing to denounce the use of their product by white supremacists.

And if white supremacy is not such a massive problem, perhaps that should be told to the family of the woman killed or the other twenty injured including five that are in critical condition.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:46 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Nothing could be further from the truth. Obama bashed America, and apologized around the world for eight years as our jobs went overseas, and our debt soared, and infrastructure crumbled. The Trillion dollar stimulus went to his cronies, and unions instead of shovel ready jobs.

Trump wants to change that. Bring jobs back, especially manufacturing, and not continue to run up debt. Also, he admits the concept of America, and its founding is EXCEPTIONAL. We DID BUILD THAT! It has nothing to do with anything racial, but you want to demonize, so........ Nice try though.
You have been misinformed.

Apology tour was bogus BS, Republican smear tactics. No truth to it. Check Snopes, etc.

"Reshoring" has been bringing thousands of jobs back home. More each year as automation levels the labor cost playing field. Once again, Google. com can be a big help.

Obama presented jobs, workforce training, and infrastructure bills that Republicans refused to even debate, so don't give me that nonsense.

White supremacy played no small part in opposition to Obama.

Anyway, Obama's gone. Surely, you've heard.

What is Trump doing to bring back manufacturing jobs? Where is that infrastructure bill?

Old 08-14-2017, 04:49 AM

11,790 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
IF? If? Look at the history of this country, which has a history of overt racism as a norm for over a century, and yes, it was a very dangerous place for non-whites to exist.
Please - there has been racism or religious wars in every country throughout history. There will always be those who oppose others because of their beliefs or skin color. Instead of being a bigger person and ignoring the more ignorant - you exacerbate the problem by imposing your will upon others.

This division widened 8 yrs ago under the Obama administration. I should not feel guilt about being born white. I should not feel guilt about being a Christian or an American - but I will not stand by why I am maligned and told I'm bad just because of my political affiliation, opinions. skin color, religious denomination or the country I live in.

Many of us who have never had problems with other races or religions are now fed up because we are being portrayed as the bad guy even tho you don't know us. A person should be judged on who they are as a person. We are not white supremacists or nationalists - we are just white Americans and we shouldn't have to apologize for it.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:52 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
If you are feeling guilt that's on you.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:03 AM

11,790 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Exactly.

This is no big secret.

You came to the boards and have posted exclusively on the political forums - mostly spewing hate for Trump so I can't get a fix on your age - but I don't think you're old enough to have actually seen when America was once great.

Oh there were problems - but people had jobs - society didn't have to support them as they knew the value of hard work. Children were disciplined and educated in the 3 R's - no reason to have bilingual teachers because everyone who came here was proud to assimilate.

Make America great was not a White Supremacist slogan - it was about bringing America back to the time when people had jobs - this racial division wasn't so huge - everyone was equal - but it's because of the BS you and others like you continue to spew that put people on the defensive.

Everyone has their tipping points - and all this is offending good people - who happen to be white but have spent their whole lives not judging people by their race, skin color, or religion and living in society without all the problems that are occurring now because you feel white people are unjust.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:10 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You came to the boards and have posted exclusively on the political forums - mostly spewing hate for Trump so I can't get a fix on your age - but I don't think you're old enough to have actually seen when America was once great.

Oh there were problems - but people had jobs - society didn't have to support them as they knew the value of hard work. Children were disciplined and educated in the 3 R's - no reason to have bilingual teachers because everyone who came here was proud to assimilate.

Make America great was not a White Supremacist slogan - it was about bringing America back to the time when people had jobs - this racial division wasn't so huge - everyone was equal - but it's because of the BS you and others like you continue to spew that put people on the defensive.

Everyone has their tipping points - and all this is offending good people - who happen to be white but have spent their whole lives not judging people by their race, skin color, or religion and living in society without all the problems that are occurring now because you feel white people are unjust.
You are the first person who has talked extensively about the good old days.

Can you give me the time period you are referring to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies