Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 11:23 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,786 times

Advertisements

Just in case anyone cares the women who was killed yesterday by the 20 year old punk from Ohio was a 32 year old white female. She was a paralegal with a local Charlottesville law firm and had worked there for 4 years in the bankruptcy area. She was both admired and respected by all her colleagues and was known to be making a very strong contribution to the firm.

Her mother was quoted as saying - "She died doing what was right. My heart is broken but I am forever proud of her."

So a real and good person died yesterday, for no good reason, and perhaps we should think about that for a few minutes.

Last edited by wilful; 08-13-2017 at 12:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 11:47 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
I agree..the victim is lost here at C-D, amidst all the partisan hoopla. The world lost a good human being yesterday to violence. The tragedy of that loss should be acknowledged by all.

In large part, this tragedy can be laid at the feet of the Law Enforcement people that are supposed to protect and to serve. They bungled this whole thing.

Now we mourn the loss of a caring human being..whose death is the signal for thousands of people, who couldn't care less about her, to play the blame game. As if it really matters, to her family and friends.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Just in case anyone cares the women who was killed yesterday by the 20 year old punk from Ohio was a 32 year old white female. She was a paralegal with a local Charlottesville law firm and had worked there for 4 years in the bankruptcy area. She was both admired and respected by all her colleagues and was known to be making a very strong contribution to the firm.

Her mother was quoted as saying - "She died doing what was right. My heart is broken but I am forever proud of her."

So a real and good person did yesterday, for no good reason, and perhaps we should think about that for a few minutes.
RIP Heather. She died too soon and at the hands of a nazi-loving thug who contributed NOTHING to society.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:52 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
Very sad for her family and friends. She died speaking out against what she saw as intolerable.

Per indivisible, there are about 400 solidarity events planned for today. I'm going to a candlelight vigil tonight.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:01 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
It was a very sad day for America, and for this women and her family. It should not have happened. Unfortunately, people would rather draw party lines and fight with one another, while overlooking the fact that a real person lost their life, for no good reason at all. And two police officers died in a helicopter crash, which was tied to the events that followed. Politicizing these events does no good at all. This country needs to unite and heal.

RIP.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:14 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
2017, and youn g Amereicans are still dying in the fight against Nazis. So much about this country simply disgusts me.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:16 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
2017, and youn g Amereicans are still dying in the fight against Nazis. So much about this country simply disgusts me.
Than leave. This is still one of the freest countries in the world, with one of the highest standard of livings imaginable. That is not something to be disgusted about. It's sad when people lose their lives, but tragedy is part of life. In this case, the best we can do is denounce the criminal for his actions, honor the victim whose rights were infringed upon, pray for the family if you are religious, and hope for a speedy, fair trial.

The actions of the criminal are not a representation of the average American.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:23 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Here we are. Many lives were sacrificed in WWII defeating the Nazis and their hatred.

It's unthinkable that the hatred persists to this day and that even one precious life would be lost.

A death and so many injuries. We already fought the war. It's over and it should stay that way.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:27 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Rest In Peace, Heather.

She died at the hands of neo-nazi pigs. She deserved much better... God bless her family.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:38 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Rest In Peace, Heather.

She died at the hands of neo-nazi pigs. She deserved much better... God bless her family.
Her Mother just spoke out a bit more as follows:

"She always had a very strong sense of right and wrong, she always, even as a child, was very caught up in what she believed to be fair. Somehow I almost feel that this is what she was born to be, a focal point for change. I'm proud that what she was doing was peaceful,she wasn't there fighting with people."

Heather's Mom also recalled that her daughter was charitable and always reaching out to the underprivileged. Anyone who needed help received it from Heather.

RIP Heather and hopefully your death won't be in vain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies