Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 08:58 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
That's what I want to know, because after all this demonization for decades, don't you think people are going to get sick of it? Yes some horrible things happened over the years, but we have definitely reached a point now where people get along a lot better than they used to. For example I see interracial couples all-over the place.

So if white people keep getting push down-and beat on, and chastised, and the Al Sharptons and Jesse Jackson's of the world keep running their mouths, what do people think is going to happen? It seems like a sort of reverse of the fifties the sixties, and the fight continues, now it's just a different hand dealt with different players.
I can't imagine how horrible your life is if you truly believe that you keep getting pushed down and beat on and chastised.

I'm sorry.

I can only speak from my very white, blonde hair, blue eyed, living with four white male perspective but I just haven't felt any of those things. Life, especially in the last 10 years, has been amazing for us -- no let me qualify -- we've had a good life (we my husband and I) for most of our lives. Sure we have had some down times but I don't ever remember feeling like it was because of someone else.

Could it be there are other forces at play that are making you feel this way?

Hope you find peace some day.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:59 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Chicken/egg. Which came first? Racist public education leads to economic inequality.
Nope. Economic inequality has always lead to poorer outcomes for the children of impoverished minorities.

There's historical data to support this since the first segregated schools popped up in the US.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:01 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The family of the dead woman and the injured in Charlottesville Va. might beg to differ.

She was not being beat down by people who have a vendetta against whites. She was run over by a car, driven by a person who was marching with the Alt-right racists, who felt threatened by the idea that non-whites should get a fair chance in America.

OP: You are wrong, and white people are not "fighting back". Most are evolving, you and those you associate with are aparently the exception.

Tamajane: That is the most ludacris post I've ever seen. You are trying to prove white people are being persecuted by citing an example of a white person being MURDERED by a white supremacist for daring to speak up for American values. I suppose you are one that thinks Rosa Parks should have shut her mouth and been thankful she was allowed in the back of the bus at all?

Old 08-14-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I agree to an extent. I do not think that inner city blacks have the same opportunity that say suburban kids have. Part of it is economic, and part of is lack of both parents, or lack of involvement by parents. Also, there are elements of the black community that demonize learning, and doing well in school, because it is "too white". Let's be honest here. It is a complex issue with many facets.
I'll agree with that, Pilot. I think it's a problem worth working on, absolutely. Because, while there's not just one reason, the public school system can, at the very least, address the reasons that are within their control. Things like access to opportunities and extra help for kids who are struggling.

We cannot forget that, for many years, white people (in general, of course, not every white person in this country and I cannot believe I have to spell that out) thought black people were mentally inferior.

We know enough now to see how incredibly faulty that logic was. Black kids in stable homes with supportive parents perform just as well as their white and Asian peers.

So, how do we fix this problem? That is, as you said, a complex issue. But, it can be done.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
As a white person, I am ashamed of you, Bubba.
Ditto. Come on. White people don't have it bad in the USA, not by a long shot.

Yes... some white people are struggling and have a tough time financially, but that's true of EVERYONE, regardless of skin color.

Apart from that, white people (and I am one) have a pretty sweet deal in the US.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:06 AM

I'm not sure I follow the point of this thread. White people, as a group, are not persecuted in this country. At all.

I guess when you're used to being treated better than everyone else, being treated equally feels like oppression.

It's not.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:08 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
They said the US didn't capture slaves in Africa? Well, good for them! That's true.
Its all the same thing. The people who came from Europe and settled in the US are the same lineage as the people went to different parts of Africa and Colonized it. Same race of people.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:08 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
You can't sell what there is no market for.
I want to buy a fully furnished oceanfront mansion in immaculate turnkey condition for $5. Can I? No, even though the market for such would be in phenomenally high demand. So why can't I buy that? There is no such thing for sale.

I rest my case.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:10 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
Charlottesville is what it looks like when low IQ less educated Whites fight back. They show their strength by flying the flags of two defeated nations whose actions resulted in the needless deaths of 500,000 American White lives and many millions of European White lives. It's beyond stupid. Think of them reading through a history book of Western Civilization: Plato? Neh. Issac Newton? Boring. Confederacy and Nazism? Woo hoo! How anyone could feel that the best things Euro people ever did worth latching on to is the CSA and Nazism is insane.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:11 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
I want to buy a fully furnished oceanfront mansion in immaculate turnkey condition for $5. Can I? No, even though the market for such would be in phenomenally high demand. So why can't I buy that? There is no such thing for sale.

I rest my case.
I would go back and re-look at your econ degree. Simplistic much? A thing that costs millions to build and sold for $5. Um. Ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies