Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 01:51 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
And yet, when a racist black supremacist murders 5 police officers, the left makes excuses for them.

When BLM members riot, loot, burn and destroy property, the left makes excuses.

When BLM members beat white people because of their race, the left is silent.

When Antifa thugs attack anyone that attempts to have a peaceful rally that they don't agree with...the left makes excuses.
No surprise that trust in the media is hovering around 6%. And they only seem to double down when they are caught outright lying to the public
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 01:54 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Seems odd that both liberals and some RINOs are constantly complaining that Trump REFUSED to blame the white nationalist movement for 100% of the violence, they demand he single them out for all the violence. BLM and antifa started the whole mess. But for some reason, no one is demanding they even be named, much less held responsible. Why?
Did they, though? I'm certainly no fan of antifa (I think they're misguided fools/idiots, who have way too much anarchist beliefs for my tastes), and BLM has certainly seen their share of controversy...

But let's be accurate here. Why were these people in VA this weekend? Be accurate.

And honestly does it really matter who "started it" at this point? I'm sure if you want to get technical, we can trace the routes of many disagreements back decades, or even centuries.

Old 08-14-2017, 02:00 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Some background on the Antifa movement. The Changing Face of Anti-Fascism

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...t-left/534192/

I suspect mainstream liberals are like mainstream conservatives -- they believe the most violent of these groups not to be representative of them and they aren't.

I don't hold conservatives to blame for the white supremacist groups at all. I also don't hold most liberals to blame for the radicalized ANTIFA or BLM either.

Let's just agree that both these radicalized groups are not acceptable and their violence not welcome.

The reason that folks would like Trump to call out specifically the white supremacists is because of their support of him. Trump has been asked before to denounce these people (he of course denounces ANTIFA and BLM -- they are liberal based -- lol) and he has refused. Trump doesn't seem to be afraid to go after violent liberals but seems to be hesitant about calling out the radicalized conservatives in his camp.
Sure - anyone blaming entire swaths of people for the actions of some idiots is not a wise person.

To your last point - you're kind of hitting a nail on the head here for why so many are upset with Trump's statements on this incident.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Sure - anyone blaming entire swaths of people for the actions of some idiots is not a wise person.

To your last point - you're kind of hitting a nail on the head here for why so many are upset with Trump's statements on this incident.
So, in a perfect liberal world, only white people are wrong? Again, why is no one demanding Trump condemn antifa and BLM? They were the parties that started the violence

Old 08-14-2017, 07:09 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
I read this phrase in an article which sums it up for me:

Quote:
Fighting for the right to be a fascist is not the same as fighting for the right to exist.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I read this phrase in an article which sums it up for me:
And what is your takeaway from that? Because according to BLM, its a "kill all white people" and promote killing police officers

Old 08-14-2017, 11:19 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Some background on the Antifa movement. The Changing Face of Anti-Fascism

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...t-left/534192/

I suspect mainstream liberals are like mainstream conservatives -- they believe the most violent of these groups not to be representative of them and they aren't.

I don't hold conservatives to blame for the white supremacist groups at all. I also don't hold most liberals to blame for the radicalized ANTIFA or BLM either.

Let's just agree that both these radicalized groups are not acceptable and their violence not welcome.

The reason that folks would like Trump to call out specifically the white supremacists is because of their support of him. Trump has been asked before to denounce these people (he of course denounces ANTIFA and BLM -- they are liberal based -- lol) and he has refused. Trump doesn't seem to be afraid to go after violent liberals but seems to be hesitant about calling out the radicalized conservatives in his camp.
He has condemned them. What are you talking about? I'm sure you could find numerous interviews where Trump condemned them, David Duke, and others. I bet I could find no instances of Obama or Hillary Clinton condemning BLM, and their protests have included violence and rioting and setting businesses on fire, not to mention the murder of six police officers in Dallas and the inspiration for several more murders of police.

And they're funded by George Soros, so they are directly funded to help one political party. These people in Charlotte aren't funded by anyone in power, and they aren't supported by 99% of the population. They are idiots on the margins.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:01 AM

23,562 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
He has condemned them.
Yes he did.

Even if he had 'specifically named the white supremacists' it wouldn't have made any difference to the left, they would still find something to harp about. Both Cruz and Rubio did call out the white supremacists, and now they're being hammered by the NYT's over it. It doesn't really matter what is said by the right, the left is going to nitpick anyway.

Quote:
What are you talking about? I'm sure you could find numerous interviews where Trump condemned them, David Duke, and others. I bet I could find no instances of Obama or Hillary Clinton condemning BLM, and their protests have included violence and rioting and setting businesses on fire, not to mention the murder of six police officers in Dallas and the inspiration for several more murders of police.

And they're funded by George Soros, so they are directly funded to help one political party. These people in Charlotte aren't funded by anyone in power, and they aren't supported by 99% of the population. They are idiots on the margins.

Obama did make a speech, without specifically naming any group. And, while Obama was speaking he quickly jumped jumped off of the cop killing topic and on to the 'guns are bad' topic.

(sorry katygirl, it won't let me rep you right now)

Old 08-15-2017, 01:23 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
If you dont know who antifa is, then i must question your grasp of current events. And yes, antifa is 80% white liberals btw
Got some evidence of that claim?

I don't know much about the antifa other than they're as ready to set to as the neo-Nazis are.

I suspect, though, that both groups are tiny in comparison to the numbers of peaceful Americans who use their rights of assembly. People can yell just as loud as they want here. On all sides of a dispute.

And so far, I haven't seen the antifa start anything. They show up at far-right rallies as a counter-protest, but the far right does exactly the same thing. Tit for tat. One side yells, the other yells back. If one side goes to blows, so does the other.

That's as American as apple pie. We've been doing that ever since our beginnings.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:37 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
So, in a perfect liberal world, only white people are wrong? Again, why is no one demanding Trump condemn antifa and BLM? They were the parties that started the violence
Well I'm for one calling on Trump, Republicans, Democrats and the media to condemn the counter-protests-antifa, BLM and communist. And until that happens none of them have a shred of credibility or integrity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies