Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 10:14 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,927,812 times

Advertisements

Baltimore mayor contacts contractors about removing Confederate monuments - Baltimore Sun

But me thinks we won't see any of the tiki torch carrying mob who claim that they care so much about 'history', because they'll be too afraid to venture out of their safe spaces which consists of descending upon the richest, whitest towns like Charlottesville, VA. That now makes Charlottesville, Lexington, Baltimore and a whole other slew of cities that want to remove their Confederate monuments. Even if the torch carrying mob wants to protest all of them, how do they logistically plan on doing it? Their numbers are so insignificantly small that they won't be able to cover everywhere. And I'd love them to see them have the cajones to pull the Charlottesville stunt in a town like Baltimore over some Confederate monuments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 10:18 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Unite the Right marching in Baltimore?

That ought to be a good time.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:48 AM

628 posts, read 695,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Baltimore mayor contacts contractors about removing Confederate monuments - Baltimore Sun

But me thinks we won't see any of the tiki torch carrying mob who claim that they care so much about 'history', because they'll be too afraid to venture out of their safe spaces which consists of descending upon the richest, whitest towns like Charlottesville, VA. That now makes Charlottesville, Lexington, Baltimore and a whole other slew of cities that want to remove their Confederate monuments. Even if the torch carrying mob want to protest all of them, how do they logistically plan on doing it, because their numbers are so insignificantly small that they won't be able to cover everywhere. And I'd love them to see them have the cajones to pull the Charlottesville stunt in a town like Baltimore over some Confederate monuments.
The Mayor has to do what the people think is best for the City she should not have the last word...

Those GROUPS are sane!! Only the insane would TRY that is Baltimore or any big city--they would be out numbered 100 to 1 They pick small towns---it is wrong in any city.
What happen this weekend was horrible.
The protester feel they have a supporter in the Whitehouse--I remember his words pre-election. He said, (indirectly) knock the hell out of them I will get you how of jail...Those were welcome words to those people... He HAS kicked them to the curb now that he has been elected. #45 does not care about "YOU PEOPLE"
Out of the mouth of David Dukes Ex-KKK Leader White Supremacists, We Will 'Fulfill' Trump's Promise.
The state of the USA these days make me sad.

Last edited by MegaJoy; 08-14-2017 at 11:07 AM..

Old 08-14-2017, 10:57 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,328,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Unite the Right marching in Baltimore?

That ought to be a good time.

Why bother. The left and has already helped ruin Baltimore among numerous other cities. Detroit, , Flint, Newark, East louis,St Louis, Chicago, Rockford, Camden and on and on are all living monuments to the "Union".

Old 08-14-2017, 10:59 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
He's worried about statues but not so much about the murders happening every day in one of the most violent cities for black people in the US

Old 08-14-2017, 11:02 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post

But me thinks we won't see any of the tiki torch carrying mob who claim that they care so much about 'history', because they'll be too afraid to venture out of their safe spaces which consists of descending upon the richest, whitest towns like Charlottesville, VA. That now makes Charlottesville, Lexington, Baltimore and a whole other slew of cities that want to remove their Confederate monuments. Even if the torch carrying mob wants to protest all of them, how do they logistically plan on doing it? Their numbers are so insignificantly small that they won't be able to cover everywhere. And I'd love them to see them have the cajones to pull the Charlottesville stunt in a town like Baltimore over some Confederate monuments.
How do think they had the "cajones" to erect these monuments in those cities in the first place?

Old 08-14-2017, 11:03 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Baltimore was a beautiful, vibrant city when those statues were made. Now that it's become a 3rd world craphole I guess it's kind of ironic that they want to tear them down.

So yes, take them down and put them in a better place. Like a landfill.

You win liberals.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:05 AM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Maybe the mayor should be more concerned with fixing the insane violence that plagues certain parts of the city. They are on track for 400 murders this year. Poverty and drug use is rampant as well. All three go hand in hand.

https://www.economist.com/blogs/grap...07/daily-chart

Who cares about that though, right? Removing history is far more important. Some people are more concerned with rewriting the past as opposed to fixing the present.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:57 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He's worried about statues but not so much about the murders happening every day in one of the most violent cities for black people in the US
In the mind of a lib, I'm sure that makes sense to them.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:01 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
I wonder if this Baltimore Mayor would also say "Let them loot, it's only property" to the police during the violent BLM riots. Yeah, let's worry about harmless statues, instead. That will help the city more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies