Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 12:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So now you want a civil and rational discussion?

Because your posting history often says otherwise.

I can go down the rabbit hole with you. Do you wish to lead the chase?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 12:18 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Come to think of it, the left harbors a similar ideaology, and promotes it vigorously as thought they were superior to the right (which judged by their comments has to be hated).

If you disagree, show me how that's wrong.
My ideology doesn't promote hatred. It doesn't promote superiority. It promotes equality.

When I challenge bigotry, it isn't out of hatred. It's because I respect all human beings, because I think we all have value, we all bring something to the table. Bigotry wants to block some people from being at the table. And I'm pointing out that those people they want to block should be at the table.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
My only interest is in providing FACTS that rebut your arguments.

That is all we can both ask for, instead of being blinded by hate.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Pres Trump is making a LOVE speech this morning and Everyone SHOULD love each other....Well?????? Starting with HIM of course...Right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
The only hate comes from the left, and it's manufactured. If they actually knew a single thing about Trump, they would know he's none of the things they claim he is, such as anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-black, anti-whatever. Trump is possibly the most mellow President in my lifetime.

But as long as the lying media and the moronic entertainment bunch screeches and wails, fools will believe them and parrot the idiotic things they say about Trump. If STUPID weren't so pathetic, it might be funny.
Quote:
White supremacy is an ideology of hatred. And it's not being promoted by the left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It's like you people think one single post that is neutral will undo all the hateful, bias, ignorant, and lies that were said before.

It explains why y'all think Trump is one of you.

Quote:
Come to think of it, the left harbors a similar ideaology, and promotes it vigorously as thought they were superior to the right (which judged by their comments has to be hated).

If you disagree, show me how that's wrong.
just more ignorance and hate in these posts. hate is driven by closed mindedness and extreme ideology, from both sides. as i have said before, if we want to stop the hate, we HAVE to start with the person that looks back at us from the mirror.

we have to stop screaming at each other, and insulting each other, and start embracing each others ideas. are their times we should stand firm on things? yes there are. but most of the time we do need to compromise with each other, recognize that no one has all the answers, that no one is right all the time.

we have to stop look at the world through hate filled eyes, and we have to stop looking at surface things, and we need to start going deeper. we have to look at the world with clear eyes, and we have to look at the character of people. we have to look for the good in people, not the bad.

as question goes, there are two wolves, one good, one evil. which one win in a fight? its the one that you feed the most. we have to feed the right wolf fi we are going to get rid of the hate and discontent, not only in this country, but in the world as a whole.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:30 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
just more ignorance and hate in these posts. hate is driven by closed mindedness and extreme ideology, from both sides. as i have said before, if we want to stop the hate, we HAVE to start with the person that looks back at us from the mirror.

we have to stop screaming at each other, and insulting each other, and start embracing each others ideas. are their times we should stand firm on things? yes there are. but most of the time we do need to compromise with each other, recognize that no one has all the answers, that no one is right all the time.

we have to stop look at the world through hate filled eyes, and we have to stop looking at surface things, and we need to start going deeper. we have to look at the world with clear eyes, and we have to look at the character of people. we have to look for the good in people, not the bad.

as question goes, there are two wolves, one good, one evil. which one win in a fight? its the one that you feed the most. we have to feed the right wolf fi we are going to get rid of the hate and discontent, not only in this country, but in the world as a whole.
Good post, and I agree. Can't rep you again just yet.

This is the forum for many to take out their frustrations on others without physical violence.

What you want is best accomplished in the Great Debates forum. This one is not for 'great' debates. It's for arguing and rejection and intolerance. Like kids, bickering, non-stop. When someone with a thoughtful, considered, serious contribution drops in, he/she is pummeled by the 'opposition'.

There's very little agreeable disagreement here.

Sad, really. If we won't HEAR one another, we can never understand one another.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
My ideology doesn't promote hatred. It doesn't promote superiority. It promotes equality.

When I challenge bigotry, it isn't out of hatred. It's because I respect all human beings, because I think we all have value, we all bring something to the table. Bigotry wants to block some people from being at the table. And I'm pointing out that those people they want to block should be at the table.

It becomes a bigger issue, when people that don't like you, or anything about you, voice it right at you as hateful as it may be. You yourself have told me straight up you would have no self control, or tolerance for that. Why? Is the chip on your shoulder that big?

Old 08-14-2017, 12:36 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Good post, and I agree. Can't rep you again just yet.

This is the forum for many to take out their frustrations on others without physical violence.

What you want is best accomplished in the Great Debates forum. This one is not for 'great' debates. It's for arguing and rejection and intolerance. Like kids, bickering, non-stop. When someone with a thoughtful, considered, serious contribution drops in, he/she is pummeled by the 'opposition'.

There's very little agreeable disagreement here.

Sad, really. If we won't HEAR one another, we can never understand one another.
FINALLY someone that gets it. i reped you for this post. this is a start, perhaps we can grow this attitude, and spread it to everyone.

and while we can still have political differences, perhaps they will at least be toned down, and have much less vitriol in them.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:57 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It becomes a bigger issue, when people that don't like you, or anything about you, voice it right at you as hateful as it may be. You yourself have told me straight up you would have no self control, or tolerance for that. Why? Is the chip on your shoulder that big?
I would have no self-control....when??????

I have no chip on my shoulder.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:09 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is so true that people are not listening to each other.
They either don't care what a person has to say or they have already dismissed it with their closed minds.

The extreme Left is just as bad as the extreme Right. We already have enough extremes in the world coming out of North Korea and extreme islamic radical terrorists causing problems. We don't need to split and divide anymore.

When a marriage breaks down and the couple cannot communicate anymore they get a divorce.
Maybe we need to get a divorce from the extreme people and those of us in the Middle can get back to living.
Very true. The extremes are at the helm and running the ship for the rocks. If someone tries to take the center of the road, both sides close in and squash them between two uncompromising and totally irrational positions. Perhaps equally irrational is a better term . Each end express anger and hatred, in equally distasteful ways, each claiming it's the others fault. There's not a shred of reason applied, and like some manner of symbiotic parasites, they feed off each other, bloating like ticks with each others vitriol.

Untii that inevitable point where some action or another causes their respective bodies to burst and spew the noxious contents across anyone unfortunate enough to be in proximity. As equally unfortunate is that the bodies reseal, and they never withdraw their probascis from each other. There's always more of the same reeking, infectious pus to refill things and they sucks it up like it's a life giving nectar.

And there's always these outside enablers waiting to facilitate it all. Each end of things having its own group of tenders who watch the process with rapt fascination and eagerly awaiting the next expulsion of venomous goo. Societally speaking people seem irrevocably drawn to choose one side or another, which depending on individual circumstances combined with group dynamics. And central authority also gets involved generally based on which side or another seems to be holding greater numbers (read votes) and thus the more popular view.

The whole process just serves to infect everything and everyone and the infection spreads a bit further every time there's an explosion. Of late the infection has been focused on racial tensions (a fertile breeding media) a d specific pathogens are particularly virulent. There's no reasoning with a virus. It has but one aim. Reproduce and infect until the host is dead and then move on. And there as always is government. Mouthing platitudes about being there to help control the spread, but the ulterior motive is to weaponize the pathogen.

Well there it is. A colorfully analogous breakdown. I felt like getting a little creative.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:13 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
The only hate comes from the left, and it's manufactured. If they actually knew a single thing about Trump, they would know he's none of the things they claim he is, such as anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-black, anti-whatever. Trump is possibly the most mellow President in my lifetime.

But as long as the lying media and the moronic entertainment bunch screeches and wails, fools will believe them and parrot the idiotic things they say about Trump. If STUPID weren't so pathetic, it might be funny.
This post sounds hateful.

I lean left more than right and I don't have enough hate in me to speak badly of you, even if I disagree with your politics. I think you might need to take a moment -- read your post again -- see where the hate lies.

I hope you find peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies