Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 02:35 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,466,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
People just aren't buying what the conservatives are trying to sell anymore. They are catching on to what the true conservative agenda entails and its not pretty. Most of the things they want to implement would hurt a lot of people; kicking people off their health insurance, cutting public schools, ending Medicare and SS, thereby throwing old people out on the streets, etc. No one wants that. Everything the conservatives stand for may look good on paper but rarely works in the real world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 02:49 PM

108 posts, read 53,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I have stated that several times on this forum. There is a disconnect between the Republican leadership and a large segment of the voters. It is like the party has two personalities.

The question is: where will the Big Money go? Big Dark Money is what really sustains the Republican party. If the new party can't raise the funds for it's own propaganda war it would be a long hard difficult start. It would need a Daddy Warbucks or two (or three) of it's own.

Who would support the new party financially? ... The Mercers? ... the Koch's? ... Sheldon Adelson?
Donald trump really won without spending a ton of money he spent half of what hillary did, she had the entire establishment behind her, the media,wall street,silicon valley,hollywood,dc establishment ,academia and she spent twice of what he spent and she still lost! Trump even had the republican establishment against him and he still won

Trump spent $238.9 million , basically like every trump voter gave 4 dollars to his campaign. The big donors cant hide anymore, we live in a populist era, people on twitter,gab facebook etc starting web sites and blogs get the info out there and can start movements.

The whole republican conservative establishment is breaking down, something like breitbart is one of the most popular web sites in the country, 56th in alexas rankings.

some old cuckservative establishment rag like national review is not even in the top 1300 sites

Old 09-16-2017, 03:03 PM

30,871 posts, read 36,796,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
In bold...
Neither party listens to the voter. Its all about the power. If they weren't rich going into office they will be after.
I used to be a staunch Republican. Right up until the GOP stopped being conservatives. The Democrats have swung so far left that they only care about special interest groups. Both parties pander shamelessly with no intention of making good on campaign promises.
I've never been a staunch Republican, but I was a reluctant one. Now I wonder if I will ever bother to vote for either major party in major elections again. I wonder if voting even matters. At the very least, it's going to take a lot more than voting to set things right...but people don't want to hear that.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:06 PM

30,871 posts, read 36,796,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
It's interesting that some posters in this thread think that the country started to go to Hell in a hand basket 104 years ago (1913) when constitutional amendments were enacted that allowed for a federal income tax and for the direct election of Senators.

You might not like them, but they were passed by a constitutional process, and it's damned unlikely that either will be repealed in the foreseeable future.
Actually, not just the creation of an income tax, but also the creation of the Federal Reserve. The global banking system as it is currently set up is a scourge on the planet. This Dutch man and former banker explains how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRuKmxQSPSw

Old 09-16-2017, 03:12 PM

25,384 posts, read 17,039,663 times
Quote:
What is the point of voting republican?
You may prevent a Democrat from being elected. That's the whole point.

We've seen the damage they can do, heard the lies they tell, and seen the way the press helps them hide both their incompetence and greed.

Bob Menendez trial, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz's IT guy, the pay to play Secretary of State, even the events at Benghazi - the press tries/tried to hide the whole thing from everyone.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:13 PM

21,431 posts, read 7,389,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngh100 View Post
Donald trump really won without spending a ton of money he spent half of what hillary did, she had the entire establishment behind her, the media,wall street,silicon valley,hollywood,dc establishment ,academia and she spent twice of what he spent and she still lost! Trump even had the republican establishment against him and he still won

Trump spent $238.9 million , basically like every trump voter gave 4 dollars to his campaign. The big donors cant hide anymore, we live in a populist era, people on twitter,gab facebook etc starting web sites and blogs get the info out there and can start movements.

The whole republican conservative establishment is breaking down, something like breitbart is one of the most popular web sites in the country, 56th in alexas rankings.

some old cuckservative establishment rag like national review is not even in the top 1300 sites
Agreed. However the suggestion is that there should be a third party and Trump is term limited and aging, so eventually he won't be around to shepherd the party. Whomever carries the mantle after him would need to be prepared.

When the big money ramps up very likely the new party will be crushed, unless the money follows the party out. But no one wants that. It is the big money which made the Republican party what it is today ... reviled by the average Republican voter, and it would ruin a new party just the same.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:31 PM

108 posts, read 53,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

We've seen the damage they can do, heard the lies they tell, and seen the way the press helps them hide both their incompetence and greed.

Bob Menendez trial, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz's IT guy, the pay to play Secretary of State, even the events at Benghazi - the press tries/tried to hide the whole thing from everyone.
Yes they are corrupt but so are the republicans, the GOP cares about big business,chamber of commerce and its big donors who want want open borders and immigration and amnesty, they dont care about their constituents who want immigration severely reduced and illegals deported and look after american workers first . This DACA vote will destroy the republican party, it just shows there is no real difference at all between the parties.

They are both open border, globalists, neither party is America first in anything from trade to foreign policy, both are interventionist militarily and trying to reshape the globe, they both support massive demographic change and the browning of America, america was 80% white when Reagan took office and its down to 63-64% now

Quote:
Agreed. However the suggestion is that there should be a third party and Trump is term limited and aging, so eventually he won't be around to shepherd the party. Whomever carries the mantle after him would need to be prepared.

When the big money ramps up very likely the new party will be crushed, unless the money follows the party out. But no one wants that. It is the big money which made the Republican party what it is today ... reviled by the average Republican voter, and it would ruin a new party just the same.
The only thing that gives me hope is that how much power people can have now through the internet. You have political commentators and movements literally springing up overnight from things like twitter and the web. All it takes is shining some light on the koch brothers and all the globalists who love open borders and these guys wont be able to hide in the dark with all their donor money

The internet connects me with people who share my populist and nationalist views. I spend way more time on twitter,gab and the blogs and sites than I ever do with tv or newspapers. The internet is really an incredible politcal tool and young nationalists are really good at using it. The nationalist and populist movement isn't going to go away, no matter what happens with president Trump

Old 09-17-2017, 03:05 AM

37,940 posts, read 17,756,167 times
Quote:
You don't know what policies I back. You don't know me.
Correct me if i'm wrong, when you want single payer you want big government. btw Government has driven up the price of health care and has made it less efficient. Like they always do.

And to say the democrats are for the working class when the last administrations failed policies stagnated the economy and hurt the Middle Class? Nothing says helping the Middle Class like record highs of government welfare which haven't come down much.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:08 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,580,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

and a darn good reason to vote repub

Old 09-17-2017, 06:21 AM

58,594 posts, read 26,908,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You might want to look up how many STATES are run by liberal dems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies