Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 03:45 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Can you expand on that a little?
He won't answer, since he realizes he described public education almost perfectly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 04:02 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
You know nothing about homeschooling -
Unfortunately I know enough about culture, parents, child abuse and their initial reaction to deny the possible generational correlation between victims becoming abusers themselves;
where the children who were victims of child abuse become child abusers themselves.
As I posted before, 9 out of 10 times child abuse happens behind closed doors.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:06 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Unfortunately I know enough about culture, parents, child abuse and their initial reaction to deny the possible generational correlation between victims becoming abusers themselves;
Again, you know nothing about home schooling in the United States.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Again, you know nothing about home schooling in the United States.
Child abuse is the same all over the world.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Child abuse is the same all over the world.
The following is your post I was responding to: Please indicate where you said ANYTHING about child abuse -

Quote:
Keeping your children at home just because you want to control (read: indoctrinate) them is not 'just because' either.
I mean when parents instruct their children that evolution is just a theory and YET and intelligent design are gospel, or that the white race (or any other race) is superior, I question their ability to educate their children properly.
I see nothing about child abuse in YOUR post above.

I do see an extreme ignorance about home schooling however.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I do see an extreme ignorance about home schooling however.
The thing you do not seem to understand (or simply refuse to understand) is that all child abusers will always support home schooling because they have to be smart to not get caught.
They'll only applaud the ignorant people who support them in making home schooling the norm.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
The thing you do not seem to understand (or simply refuse to understand) is that all child abusers will always support home schooling because they have to be smart to not get caught.
So - you post one thing with nothing to do with child abuse and when called on it - you want to spin it - you refuse to acknowledge that you know nothing about home schooling - you know NOTHING about education in America - you actually know little about America at all - and, you can provide no PROOF of your foolish child abuse and homeschooling link - it is merely you "opinion" - and that is not worth much -

And, I highlighted a statement - an ABSOLUTE statement, above. Prove it.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
So - you post one thing with nothing to do with child abuse and when called on it - you want to spin it
Ahuh, I never before claimed that home schooling is a form of isolation and that isolation only works in the favour of child abusers.
I guess you're doomed to only see the things that you want to see.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:46 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,983,568 times
The reason you see child abuse by homeschoolers occasionally on the news is because it happens so rarely, that it's truly NEWS. You don't see the other 99.999% of child abuse (not perpetuated by homeschoolers) cases on the news, because the fact that "normal" non-homeschooling parents sometimes abuse their kids is NOT news.

You so obviously have no idea whatsoever what you're talking about that you're grasping at straws and back peddling, but it's apparent to everyone what you're doing.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Ahuh, I never before claimed that home schooling is a form of isolation and that isolation only works in the favour of child abusers.
I responded to a specific post with - "you don't know anything" (and, you don't)

And, I'm still waiting for you to back up your assertions about child abuse and home schooling. Or, are you merely full of crap?

And, PROVE your statement that ALL child abusers favor home schooling - you made the statement without qualification - now, prove it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies