Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 08:42 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,926,299 times

Advertisements

If they worked for me I'd fire them without hesitation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 08:43 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,903,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Why not just change jobs if you're that unhappy? Better yet, start your own company and hire people who think like you?
Who says I haven't at least tried. Why don't I just start a new nation and invite in only moderate to conservative whites and a few select others while I'm at it?

Old 08-14-2017, 08:43 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,419,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Sure one guy crashed his car into counter-protesters but it was in a heated situation.
Um, what???

Old 08-14-2017, 08:45 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Um, what???

He defends those turds every chance he gets.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:48 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Hwy View Post
Ha!

I guess you dont visit infowars very often. It wasn't manslaughter, it was self defense. The driver was fighting for his life after he was threatened with 4 guns, 7 automatic weapons and 2 posters of Obama.
So you're going to defend those white supremacist turds as well duly noted.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:52 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,903,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Um, what???

I'm saying if two sides are fighting and arguing, it's a criminal act, but in the heat of the moment people do use cars at times to run down their opposition in retaliation. That is more or less a straight up common violent crime act.

But BLM have plotted, stalked and killed completely innocent cops in cold blood. That fits every definition of terrorism, to target a whole class of people, those representing the government.

On the other hand the shootings in say Chicago are common violent crime and not terrorism.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:03 PM

1,094 posts, read 501,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Your Jewish friend does not speak for all Jews. The vast majority of Jews don't care if someone is Sephardi or ashkenazi or black or whatever. Like any religion, including Christianity, there are fanatics who believe bonkers racist and xenophobic crap but pretending they are the majority is a lie.
I'm not disagreeing with you, just seems like at least some in prominent places do hold these views, that is I feel like the frothing at the mouth supremacists in the US tend to get marginalized, whereas at least some prominent figures both in US and Israel seem to hate the other groups without same level of marginalization. One example he forwarded to me a couple years ago was Donald Sterling,, real name Donald Tokowitz, a real estate magnate and owner of the LA Clippers who said to his girlfriend in a recorded conversation
““It’s the world! You go to Israel, the blacks are just treated like dogs... The white Jews, there’s white Jews and black Jews, do you understand?” From the LA Times
As Clippers lose a playoff game, pressure mounts on owner Sterling - LA Times

This happened on top of Sterling's very sorry record as a landlord in which he, indeed, treated his African-American and Latino tenants like dogs.

I agree with you 100% from my own experience that Sterling's view doesn't represent majority opinion, vast majority of the Israelis and American Jews I've known have been overall quite kind and open-minded, whether Ashkenazi or other groups. The difference though, is I feel like if an American white had uttered these kinds of sentiments he'd be totally ostracized. Whereas Sterling, even though he did go through an embarrassing period, recovered it seems like just about completely, his fortune and his ability to be accepted into polite society basically intact. Even though he doesn't own the Clippers anymore he hardly took much of a hit to his wallet or his other businesses where his real profits are. If anything I'm curious about where Sterling got his opinion. I'm not sure how accurately my colleague was reading the situation back in Israel, but he could read Hebrew so I'm guessing he must have been picking up on reports in the news media and newspapers there about such conflicts.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:08 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,569,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
That's up to their employer, who has every right to dismiss them.

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of businesses don't want to be associated with known white nationalists.
Absolutely. My employer makes me abide by a code of conduct, which specifically states I cannot discriminate against someone based on gender, race, or religion. If I take part in a "Unite The Right" rally, I am not abiding by my employers code of conduct.

But, of course, since I'm not a racist scumbag, I don't have to worry about attending a rally like that.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:12 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,777,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corascant View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you, just seems like at least some in prominent places do hold these views, that is I feel like the frothing at the mouth supremacists in the US tend to get marginalized, whereas at least some prominent figures both in US and Israel seem to hate the other groups without same level of marginalization. One example he forwarded to me a couple years ago was Donald Sterling,, real name Donald Tokowitz, a real estate magnate and owner of the LA Clippers who said to his girlfriend in a recorded conversation
““It’s the world! You go to Israel, the blacks are just treated like dogs... The white Jews, there’s white Jews and black Jews, do you understand?” From the LA Times
As Clippers lose a playoff game, pressure mounts on owner Sterling - LA Times

This happened on top of Sterling's very sorry record as a landlord in which he, indeed, treated his African-American and Latino tenants like dogs.

I agree with you 100% from my own experience that Sterling's view doesn't represent majority opinion, vast majority of the Israelis and American Jews I've known have been overall quite kind and open-minded, whether Ashkenazi or other groups. The difference though, is I feel like if an American white had uttered these kinds of sentiments he'd be totally ostracized. Whereas Sterling, even though he did go through an embarrassing period, recovered it seems like just about completely, his fortune and his ability to be accepted into polite society basically intact. Even though he doesn't own the Clippers anymore he hardly took much of a hit to his wallet or his other businesses where his real profits are. If anything I'm curious about where Sterling got his opinion. I'm not sure how accurately my colleague was reading the situation back in Israel, but he could read Hebrew so I'm guessing he must have been picking up on reports in the news media and newspapers there about such conflicts.
Ok so ahoels come in all colors, flavors, denominations etc. Is this surprising? My issue pretending Jews are a homogenous group. They are not.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:16 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,777,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
BLM have murdered many people in cold blood. Sure one guy crashed his car into counter-protesters but it was in a heated situation.
You have lost all credibility. He revved the engine and killed a 32 yo local woman. It wasn't heated it was cowardly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies