Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 09:28 AM

19,769 posts, read 22,673,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So the smart, hard working kids are liberal/progressive Hillary types, and the stupid slacker kids are Trump supporters. Got it.
You can draw your own conclusions. That's what is happening 'here', regionally. And only with the school set.

But yeah- my wife is a teacher, and she's witnessed this as well. Frankly there are s lot of underachievers that don't care about school. Some of the kids from ranches are hardworking and studious, and I'd say lean Republican, but they are few and far between in our locale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 10:04 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Where is the source for this? My quick Google search revealed links to Stormfront and thedonald on Reddit.
The link was in the first post. A poll of over 80,000 high school students

50k 'Gen Z' Students Identify as Republican - Hispanic Heritage Foundation

The Hispanic Heritage Foundation's poll conducted on over 80,000 high school students in the fall of 2016 found non-Hispanic whites overwhelmingly favored Trump over Clinton. The poll also found white Gen Zers to be substantially more pro-Trump than any other co-racial generational cohort.

tons of articles on this

Why the generation after millennials will vote Republican | New York Post

The Post-Millennial Generation Should Worry D | The Daily Caller

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleys.../#4d8238f77878

Is 'Generation Z' the most conservative since WW2?* | Daily Mail Online

Gen Z nothing like millennials, prof warns liberals

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9416

Old 08-15-2017, 10:10 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
My kids are generation Z (or Gen I- the name is actually settled yet). My daughter definitely is more liberal than either her brother or my wife and I. My wife and I are firmly independent, my son currently leans a little left of center, but I'd call him independent.

In our region, the political divide seems to be drawn almost squarely on how one is poised academically. Both of my kids are straight A, AP classes and Honors in STEM heavy fields. The hang out in those circles. They listen more to NPR and watch more educational type media programming than say- reality shows. Same for most of their friends. (They are nerds).

When they are together they talk science, math, computers, robotics and politics. They have zero interest in cars, cruising- those things are a 'waster of time' in their own words. They ski, hike, kayak.. Those types of things.

On the other hand- the kids that seem to be the 'lost kids'- those not really engaged in school, would rather be idling time- those kids firmly fell into Trump support. They are more apt to drive to the city parks and hang out or party.

I volunteer in Scouting and some other programs, and I see the same sort of divide as well.

It's an interesting divide.
This divide along education is not unique.

I know a fair amount of gen z kids, and while they are far too young still to vote or hold firm thoughts on many issues, I know they are quite liberal on social issues. I know there is a conservative fantasy that these kids will revolt, and the 1950s will be reborn with them... but I just don't see it, at least on social issues.

Now, I do think there will be issues with education and employment (especially due to AI and automation advances) - and that could create new divisions, or even new parties. They might not be democrats...but I don't think they'll be republicans, either (at least, not traditional republicans).

We'll see what happens. These judgements are way, way too early. Millennials looked conservative from some perspectives early on, too...and we know how that turned out. Check back in ~10-15 years.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknwhiterose View Post
Can't say I'm surprised by this chart. Males of all racial groups are noticeably more Republican than females. Asian gen-z males slightly favor GOP, bam, it's happening. Years of loud mouth third wave feminism, the war on men, and the chickens are comin home to roost.
I thought the asian male response was interesting but the numbers for white girls was extremely high.I hope the next generation isnt as feminist and non child bearing and small family or we are in for a demographic nightmare like europe.

https://twitter.com/HarmlessYardDog/...25668254756865

Old 08-15-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So the smart, hard working kids are liberal/progressive Hillary types, and the stupid slacker kids are Trump supporters. Got it.
Its a racial divide more than anything in millennials. Donald trump won as many 18-29 women with college degrees as hillary and he had a huge margin among millennials white men with college degrees. These kids are coming up with computers and internet savvy and you see it all over the internet with young people being much more right wing than previous generations. This is the first time since Reagan era that a candidate has won the white youth vote

Old 08-15-2017, 10:45 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Its a racial divide more than anything in millennials. Donald trump won as many 18-29 women with college degrees as hillary and he had a huge margin among millennials white men with college degrees. These kids are coming up with computers and internet savvy and you see it all over the internet with young people being much more right wing than previous generations. This is the first time since Reagan era that a candidate has won the white youth vote
Winning the "white youth" vote will matter less with gen z than it does with millennials. America's future is less white than ever before.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:11 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
Quote:
The link was in the first post. A poll of over 80,000 high school students

The Hispanic Heritage Foundation's poll conducted on over 80,000 high school students in the fall of 2016 found non-Hispanic whites overwhelmingly favored Trump over Clinton. The poll also found white Gen Zers to be substantially more pro-Trump than any other co-racial generational cohort.

tons of articles on this

Why the generation after millennials will vote Republican | New York Post

The Post-Millennial Generation Should Worry D | The Daily Caller

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleys.../#4d8238f77878

Is 'Generation Z' the most conservative since WW2?* | Daily Mail Online

Gen Z nothing like millennials, prof warns liberals

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9416
I take issue with your chart, which appears to cite a blog. When I googled the title of the chart, there were hits from Stormfront and r/thedonald.

Like I said, I've worked with white male high school youth, and I'd believe that a majority of them would have preferred Trump over Clinton. But it's nowhere near 86 percent as the fake chart claims.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:21 AM

404 posts, read 193,470 times
Quote:
Growing up with 9-11, global terrorism, school shootings, the 2008 Financial Crisis, and high unemployment numbers, racial tensions, and the first generation where whites as the minority, the future looks to be pretty racially divided in terms of politics

https://twitter.com/HarmlessYardDog/...26264718393344
Liberals and SJWs had better start breeding quick, as the number of Z gen White males is a force in numbers to reckon with. Is there any wonder the Left relies on inflated voter counts including illegal immigrants to make their voter tallies more respectable. They have virtually no chance when everyone is playing fair.

Millions upon millions of peace loving young White males do not take kindly to what they are seeing around them. Violence to them is not the key to progress, just numbers at the polling stations.

Any wonder some feminist leaders have stated all White males must be eliminated.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:24 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
I was under the impression that most of Gen Z is not yet even of voting age. The numbers for the few of the group that did vote would have been a pretty insignificant portion of the total electorate that went to the polls in Nov.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:36 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
thank goodness their numbers are shrinking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies