Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 06:55 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,057,003 times

Advertisements

Over the past ten years I've noticed more and more anti-white dogma coming from the left, to the point where they now accuse all whites of having a special privilege. They now want to remove historical monuments and statues of any past white man who is suspected of being even a little racist.

I'm not shocked by the fact that more young white men are turning to nationalism (which is ok), and more extremist stuff like Nazism (definitely not ok).

I think most of this is simply a reaction to the anti-white dogma that is being put forth by the left.
How does the left expect white people to react when they're constantly ridiculed for supposedly having a special privilege, or having their historical statues removed, or being discriminated against by affirmative action policies which sometimes favor less qualified minorities?

It seems like a lot of people are incapable of connecting dots or seeing cause & effect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 06:59 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,454,672 times
The left is incredibly fractured right now. But, yes, this element exists amongst some on the left.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:03 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,922,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Over the past ten years I've noticed more and more anti-white dogma coming from the left, to the point where they now accuse all whites of having a special privilege. They now want to remove historical monuments and statues of any past white man who is suspected of being even a little racist.

I'm not shocked by the fact that more young white men are turning to nationalism (which is ok), and more extremist stuff like Nazism (definitely not ok).

I think most of this is simply a reaction to the anti-white dogma that is being put forth by the left.
How does the left expect white people to react when they're constantly ridiculed for supposedly having a special privilege, or having their historical statues removed, or being discriminated against by affirmative action policies which sometimes favor less qualified minorities?

It seems like a lot of people are incapable of connecting dots or seeing cause & effect.
I'm white. I don't hate myself. I acknowledge that I have a lot of advantages in this world (call it "priveledge" if you will). People in other situations also have advantages (for instance, a black female growing up wealthy might have privilege that a poor white male living in West Virginia coal county doesn't have...).

It doesn't mean that I don't work hard. It doesn't mean that I didn't work hard to get to where I am. It doesn't mean that I don't deserve what I've worked for in this life. But it is reality - I have advantages as a white male. I just do. These things have been studied - these realities exist. I will always have implicit advantages that some people don't have. I'm lucky.

People can deny these realities all they want. I know it makes some people uncomfortable to discuss these topics. I think it's a good thing that we're finally discussing these issues.

I don't think there is a (legitimate) movement on the left that "hates" white people. You don't honestly believe that, do you? Really?

Old 08-14-2017, 07:05 PM

34,087 posts, read 17,140,925 times
Lefties put great effort in towards hating the wwc, and in 2016, they reaped the ultimate reward in doing so.

MAGA

Old 08-14-2017, 07:09 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,179,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Lefties put great effort in towards hating the wwc, and in 2016, they reaped the ultimate reward in doing so.

MAGA
Not true. Clinton and her campaign didn't hate the white working class, she simply neglected them. Big difference.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:09 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,740,166 times
I'm white so, nope. I also don't carry Nazi flags or signs saying whites are the master race. It was David Duke himself that said they would fulfill he promises of Donald Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fULPlGwjJMA

Old 08-14-2017, 07:13 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,290,171 times
No they do not. Hey guess what. A lot of people on the left are white.

Now the left are being called self-hating whites? Lol. What will those crazy alt-righters think of next?

I think you are conflating 'white people' with 'white supremacists and nationalists.' And honestly, I don't hate the supremacists and nationalists so much as feel sorry for them with their pathetic insecurities and need to feel superior in order to have some bit of self-esteem. They seem rather empty and unfulfilled. Maybe a hobby other than waving Nazi flags, chanting slogans and Tiki torches would help?

Old 08-14-2017, 07:16 PM

11,284 posts, read 11,055,728 times
The left is in pain right now. They are reaching for anything they can. Their biggest fear is losing minority voters. They realize their best bet is to start thinking and acting outside the box, regardless how nonsensical those means may become.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:17 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,508,034 times
The left is spiraling downward, and many terrible things are done in desperation.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:22 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,922,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The left is in pain right now. They are reaching for anything they can. Their biggest fear is losing minority voters. They realize their best bet is to start thinking and acting outside the box, regardless how nonsensical those means may become.
What means do you speak of exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
The left is spiraling downward, and many terrible things are done in desperation.
Do you really see this?

I see a "right" that is in total disarray. It has complete control of our federal government institutions, and it can't accomplish anything. I see a leader that has some of the lowest approval ratings ever. I see an administration rife with scandal and investigations.

I don't see unity. I don't see leadership.

Of course, that doesn't mean the "left" is necesarilly taking anything away from the "right" immediately - but I'd hardly call it "spiraling downward".

Not that this has anything to do with the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies