Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 08:43 PM

810 posts, read 667,363 times

Advertisements

the liberal media will label them "freedom fighters" or some other BS. If Obama was still in office that black woman would be invited to the white house
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 08:44 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Do we know the name of the woman who put the yellow apparatus around the neck of the statue?
No idea, from the video I saw, that angle wasn't showing.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:45 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I think the people who destroyed the statue should have to put it back up and pay for any restoration.
Unlikely it could be fixed based on the damage I saw. Would likely need to be recast.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:47 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Unlikely it could be fixed based on the damage I saw. Would likely need to be recast.
That should be the problem of the persons breaking it.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:48 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Hwy View Post
Lol because the doxxing will be done by groups who oppose their ideas.

Hasn't 4chan doxxed a bunch of liberals? Sure they have. I think last time they exposed all CNNs employees names and addresses.

Now days anyone can expose your information. They can even kill your character with lies. Welcome to 2017.
True on 4Chan

NBC News reported the doxing of the protesters this past weekend and a Twitter page was created specifically to dox them.

If doxing occurs I wonder if the same outlets and celebrities that either participated or reported on it will be as active this time around.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
What the heck is doxxed and what does it involve?

If you're talking about people digging up information for the sole purpose of contacting the employer with a 'just thought you should know' message, I guess my feeling is that I find both sides despicable.

But I can't feel sorry for anyone who loses their job as a result of this, either. We live in a world where people go on witch hunts and aren't happy unless they see that someone is paying a price for behavior they disagree with.

If you're stupid enough to proceed in engaging in bad behavior, you'd better be prepared to face the consequences that come with that in today's climate.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:54 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
I doubt most employers in Durham would care about people engaging in vandalism.

They didn’t cover their faces. If people want to contact their employers, I guess they can.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:56 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I doubt most employers in Durham would care about people engaging in vandalism.

They didn’t cover their faces. If people want to contact their employers, I guess they can.
I doubt most have jobs.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:57 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Wow NBC had a dox page...really

The minute pictures started to emerge on Twitter there were people hard at work trying to get the information. Lots came from school mates, work mates, people who knew the people in the picture.

Then they would post a name and then someone else would do some research on a name and fill in.

It was mainly Twitter feeds I thought...not main stream media outlets.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:59 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Wow NBC had a dox page...really

The minute pictures started to emerge on Twitter there were people hard at work trying to get the information. Lots came from school mates, work mates, people who knew the people in the picture.

Then they would post a name and then someone else would do some research on a name and fill in.

It was mainly Twitter feeds I thought...not main stream media outlets.
NBC News covered the doxing. They weren't part of it.

I'm asking if these protesters are doxed via a twitter page will NBC News cover it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies