Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 10:55 PM

36,857 posts, read 17,262,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Hwy View Post
Lol, you could understand 4chan. What a hypocrite you are. They released info about people who has nothing to do with that decision.

I bet you can also understand the DOJ asking for information about all the users of the website that organized the inauguration protests but if Obama would have done the same thing, you would be screaming fascist, dictator.
I'm an anarcho-capitalist so no.

4chan reacted to a doxing threat with a dox.

The DOJ is a criminal enterprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 10:57 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,915,563 times
I highly doubt they have jobs.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:58 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,661,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I can see that but it clashes with the staunch "law and order" side of folks who oppose an owner's right to refuse service to anyone he wants.

I'm constantly told that "protected classes", as codified by government via law, is the reason why a business owner can't refuse service to certain people.

Here, the law is so paramount to these folks they find it necessary to force, at gunpoint, a man to provide the fruits of his labor to another.

That's the definition of slavery to me, codified or not.

So on one hand you have people who did not violate the law (that we know of) get doxed yet on the other hand a law breaker will probably not get doxed.

See the logical and moral inconsistency? If you felt that the protesters this past weekend should be doxed then you should really want to dox those who broke the law.

Once more, maybe you will hear me this time. People don't like nazis more than they don't like vandals.

If you don't understand that, than there is nothing else to discuss.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:00 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,915,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Once more, maybe you will hear me this time. People don't like nazis more than they don't like vandals.

Normal people don't like Nazis or vandals. Why are you pro-vandal?

Old 08-14-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post

But the same people who don't like Nazis more than vandals also don't like law breakers more than those that abide by the law.

There's a moral/logical inconsistency there.

If you report the Nazis then you should surely report the law breakers....if you're being consistent.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:11 PM

1,094 posts, read 496,082 times
Quote:
Lol, you could understand 4chan. What a hypocrite you are. They released info about people who has nothing to do with that decision.

I bet you can also understand the DOJ asking for information about all the users of the website that organized the inauguration protests but if Obama would have done the same thing, you would be screaming fascist, dictator.
Agree with you here, what they did was really beyond the pale. Doxxing is dangerous and leads to disaster all around, needs to be discouraged from all sides.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Lol your morality is very ambiguous. You don't condemn a behavior by doing the same.

Morality should be consistent otherwise it becomes something else. Do I think doxxing is bad? Sure, I hate the way the internet keeps track of everything a citizen does, but I'm realistic I know I can't do anything about it. The anonymity and freedom we had in the past are gone and they are never gonna return regardless if its moral or not. In this day and age we as a society are more vulnerable than what we were 30 or 40 years ago because they are traces of our words and actions everywhere.
Actually, my morality is quite clear. More clear than nearly everyone on this board if I had to guess. Two simple rules:

1. Uphold the non-aggression principle
2. Respect private property rights

I didn't say I necessarily condoned what 4chan did. I just understand why they did it.

To them, it was personal. Someone like themselves was targeted so they used the same tactic against that party.

The white supremacist in Reno was doxed but I fail to understand the reasoning behind it. Especially since the people who doxed him overwhelmingly believe that businesses shouldn't be able to refuse service to "protected classes".

Why should businesses have to serve him if they don't want to? Shouldn't that be the focus for shunning/punishment?

Old 08-14-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username password View Post
BS, right-winger.
It is sometimes called right anarchy but I'm not on the political scale. I'm apolitical.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:03 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,875,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I can see that but it clashes with the staunch "law and order" side of folks who oppose an owner's right to refuse service to anyone he wants.

I'm constantly told that "protected classes", as codified by government via law, is the reason why a business owner can't refuse service to certain people.

Here, the law is so paramount to these folks they find it necessary to force, at gunpoint, a man to provide the fruits of his labor to another.

That's the definition of slavery to me, codified or not.

So on one hand you have people who did not violate the law (that we know of) get doxed yet on the other hand a law breaker will probably not get doxed.

See the logical and moral inconsistency? If you felt that the protesters this past weekend should be doxed then you should really want to dox those who broke the law.
If you feel that badly start doxing.

I don't get why people seem to feel somebody should be doxing but aren't offering up to do the doxing.

There isn't an official doxing club that approves or allows certain doxing.

I'm enjoying typing doxing.......

Old 08-15-2017, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
If you feel that badly start doxing.

I don't get why people seem to feel somebody should be doxing but aren't offering up to do the doxing.

There isn't an official doxing club that approves or allows certain doxing.

I'm enjoying typing doxing.......
It is a fun word.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies