Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 11:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Do you mean to tell me that fat-boy bluster from a daddy-made con-man doesn't work on the international stage?

Color me shocked.
It only sells in the USA and to a limited audience.

Trumplings...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 11:54 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
My point was about Un, and how egging him on was a poor strategy. Trump's temperament isn't ideal for dealing with Un, but we need a Macchiavelli to deal with Un, and there aren't any Macchiavellis around. Tillerman has a more moderate temperament than Trump, but the situation with Un is so fraught that I don't think Tillerman is up to this. Putin wants to leave the United States swinging in the breeze, so he's not going to offer up anything constructive. The South Korean president was elected partly on anti-US sentiment, so his assistance will be marginalized. Japan is willing to assist, but their ability to assist is limited. China isn't happy with Un, they certainly weren't happy about the hydrogen bomb, but they are hamstrung diplomatically, because they want to keep North Korea under control (the last thing they want is a war on the Korean peninsula), but they also want to keep American influence in Asia limited (and letting Un rattle his sabers actually suits their diplomatic goals at times). It's very complicated, obviously.

My point was that when two immature men in control of great power go at each other, there is no likely good strategy.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:59 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borninsac View Post
This NK thing is a broken record. Ask any veteran who did time in Korea long ago except back then, it was Lil' Kim's grandpa, then his father and now him. Difference now is Lil' Kim is shorter and fatter and may have a nuke.

I listened to this stuff back in the early 1970's and here we are again. How many times can you listen to "A Hard Day's Night" by the Beatles before saying you've had enough.

Had a conversation about this recently with someone who was worried about getting nuked by Lil' Kim. I told him to read my lips and said he would die of old age and not by getting nuked. I also told him one day he'd be sitting in a rocking chair crapping his pants remembering our conversation and that I was correct.

Lil' Kim is an attention-seeking inferior short guy. He's no different than, say, a Kim Kardashian posting another Instagram booty-pic because she hasn't had her attention needed to survive another day.

The same can be said about Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by borninsac View Post
He needs to be taken out, preferably from within. Or given the same whiff of a handkerchief that brought an early death to his half-brother.

The same was said about Saddam. Worked out well, eh?

Old 09-06-2017, 12:02 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,513,424 times
How's that winning on North Korea going these days? Kinda like all of Trump's other wins, huh?

Old 09-06-2017, 12:13 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,909,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
How's that winning on North Korea going these days? Kinda like all of Trump's other wins, huh?
It's suicide to go this alone. Trump should not take any military action without the participation of the UN's forces. South Korea and Japan should stay out of it. That way all countries outside of NK's missile range except the USA share in any wrath coming from China and Russia.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:55 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,653,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So while progressive idiots waste our time with their race baiting and hustling the President is getting great things done. Like putting North Korea into a box and then making that box smaller and smaller.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/north-k...eat-1502751054

Yeah and I have a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you ,cheap!

Old 09-06-2017, 06:58 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,659,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
North Korea just shot a missile over Japan.

So, you know. They're definitely backing down in the face of Agent Orange.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:04 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
My point was that when two immature men in control of great power go at each other, there is no likely good strategy.
Ok, so you're calling Trump immature (that's a 2fer). Insulting the man people who was elected president and insulting people who voted for him. Yea, that tactic worked before lol <sarcasm>

As for strategy, everyone knows that no matter what Trump does the left will have spasm lol.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:05 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,659,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
the left will have spasm lol.
Et tu, comrade?

Old 09-06-2017, 09:11 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
A question.

How is this different from literally every other time N. Korea talked big but then stood down once they realized they can't back up the talk?
An answer.

No difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies