Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 08:23 PM

983 posts, read 738,188 times

Advertisements

Judge awards $1m to Oklahoma boy who had sex with teacher | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
An Oklahoma federal judge has ruled that a former middle school teacher who is currently serving a 10-year sentence for having sex with her student will have to pay him $1miilion for causing him emotional distress.
Jennifer Caswell, 31, pleaded guilty to second-degree rape and related charges and was sentenced in 2015 to 15 years in prison, with five of them suspended, for having a half-dozen sexual encounters with a 15-year-old student at Hollis Middle School.
Wow, happy with the outcome though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 02:48 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Lucky kid.. get laid and gets a million bucks. What didn't I think of this? Of course if I was the teacher, I'd never pay that settlement. I'd buy a bunch of bitcoin, hiding any assets I have, and file bankruptcy. Screw that judge and the horse he rode in on. Sorry, there's no emotional distress over a 15 year old male getting laid by a schoolteacher. It is Oklahoma, so this is expected. As for all the people saying how wrong it is, you are correct that a teacher should not be having sex with students, though I see nothing particularly harmful about a 15 year old male getting laid by a female in her 20's.. if anything he'll turn out more confident and socially well adjusted and be a better man for it. The biggest ill in modern society is men not being able to get laid. It's literally the psychological equivalent to counseling for a male only better to be able to get any sex at all. Accept this is how men are wired and you'll begin to understand us better. I'd be more concerned if this 15 year old turned into a socially awkward individual who never got laid until they were 30 than I would this scenario. Kudos to the teacher, congrats to the kid.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:02 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
The judge wrote in her opinion that the child 'reported feelings of depression, isolation and self-blame,'
This dude worked over two chicks...first the teacher then the judge.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:29 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
How many young Beavis and Butthead types will hear about this and start planning their own strategies to cash in big by seducing their English teachers?

"Beavis, it's time to strike while the iron is hot. Heh, hehe"

"Yeah. We're gonna score! Hehe."

Old 08-15-2017, 03:34 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Lucky kid.. get laid and gets a million bucks. What didn't I think of this? Of course if I was the teacher, I'd never pay that settlement. I'd buy a bunch of bitcoin, hiding any assets I have, and file bankruptcy. Screw that judge and the horse he rode in on. Sorry, there's no emotional distress over a 15 year old male getting laid by a schoolteacher. It is Oklahoma, so this is expected. As for all the people saying how wrong it is, you are correct that a teacher should not be having sex with students, though I see nothing particularly harmful about a 15 year old male getting laid by a female in her 20's.. if anything he'll turn out more confident and socially well adjusted and be a better man for it. The biggest ill in modern society is men not being able to get laid. It's literally the psychological equivalent to counseling for a male only better to be able to get any sex at all. Accept this is how men are wired and you'll begin to understand us better. I'd be more concerned if this 15 year old turned into a socially awkward individual who never got laid until they were 30 than I would this scenario. Kudos to the teacher, congrats to the kid.
I am trying to think of a polite way of saying that this comment is utterly full of crap. I can't.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:59 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
This dude worked over two chicks...first the teacher then the judge.
This is disgusting. My son is that age and I would be livid if this happened. He's a child.

The knuckle - daggers with the double standard here are revolting. If this were a girl and a male teacher I bet you'd be singing a different tune.

Old 08-15-2017, 04:09 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
This is disgusting. My son is that age and I would be livid if this happened. He's a child.

The knuckle - daggers with the double standard here are revolting. If this were a girl and a male teacher I bet you'd be singing a different tune.

Uh, hate to give you the bad news, but chances are, he is already learning some lessons with that cute little neighbor down the street, or he will as soon as he starts driving. We were all 15 once, and we remember the things we did back then. You might not want to think that, but it is absolutely true. I bet if you check out his computer you will find some VERY interesting "research " he has been doing.

I'm not a knuckle dragger, but I call a spade a spade. Sure, there is a double standard, always has been, always will. When some young man gets lucky with some teacher, the majority of men will start high fiving each other, and so will the boy. But if it is our sweet little daughters, that is off limits.

As much as we would like to keep them little kids forever, they do grow up and the hormones start running around. Just a fact of life.

Old 08-15-2017, 04:11 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Uh, hate to give you the bad news, but chances are, he is already learning some lessons with that cute little neighbor down the street, or he will as soon as he starts driving. We were all 15 once, and we remember the things we did back then. You might not want to think that, but it is absolutely true.

I'm not a knuckle dragger, but I call a spade a spade. Sure, there is a double standard, always has been, always will. When some young man gets lucky with some teacher, the majority of men will start high fiving each other, and so will the boy. But if it is our sweet little daughters, that is off limits.

As much as we would like to keep them little kids forever, they do grow up and the hormones start running around. Just a fact of life.

I would expect more from you. Two teenagers together is one thing. An adult teacher taking advantage of a child is another. I would think we've come further as a society. I'm glad the teacher is in jail.

Old 08-15-2017, 04:14 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Uh, hate to give you the bad news, but chances are, he is already learning some lessons with that cute little neighbor down the street, or he will as soon as he starts driving. We were all 15 once, and we remember the things we did back then. You might not want to think that, but it is absolutely true. I bet if you check out his computer you will find some VERY interesting "research " he has been doing.

No problem, as long as she's not old enough to be his mother.

Old 08-15-2017, 04:15 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I would expect more from you. Two teenagers together is one thing. An adult teacher taking advantage of a child is another. I would think we've come further as a society. I'm glad the teacher is in jail.

Sorry I disillusioned you, but I am just being honest. A lot of young men, me included, had a Mrs. Robinson in our teen years, and very few of us were ruined for life. I look back on the experience as a great transition to adulthood, and she taught me a lot of things that helped me get through those awkward years. She was gentle, kind, very understanding, and patient.

Instead of suing her for a million bucks, I should pay her the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies