Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 06:41 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times

Advertisements

I think a lot of whites separate themselves from white extremist groups due to not sharing the emotions of hate, all while sharing most of their reasoning concerning race. They don't have a problem with many of their beliefs about blacks, for example, as much as they have a problem with their hatred and solutions.

Its a deflection to focus on hate. The real connection is in reasoning and beliefs. Its no coincidence that these white extremist groups are almost all conservatives/libertarian/Republican. The rhetoric and mantra of the political right supports the belief and aims of white supremacy. Other than hate, the mainstream white conservative is not all that different from white nationalist. I mean, these extremist groups agenda is best carried through republican ideology.....which is why they vote republican. This is not to suggest that there are no racist white liberals, but rather, I am suggesting that the philosophy and mantra of the Republican/conservative movement implicitly supports white supremacy, at least as it relates to blacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 07:04 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I think a lot of whites separate themselves from white extremist groups due to not sharing the emotions of hate, all while sharing most of their reasoning concerning race. They don't have a problem with many of their beliefs about blacks, for example, as much as they have a problem with their hatred and solutions.
Whites?

Let's see what a Latino has to say about racial/ethnic inferiority ...

Quote:
"Chancellor Eloy Ortiz Oakley [Latino], who heads the nation’s largest community college system of 114 campuses, told The Times that intermediate algebra is seen as a major barrier for students of color, preventing too many from completing degrees. About three-fourths of those who transfer to four-year universities are non-STEM majors, he said, who should be able to demonstrate quantitative reasoning skills by taking statistics or other math courses more applicable to their fields.“College-level algebra is probably the greatest barrier for students — particularly first-generation students, students of color — obtaining a credential,” he said. “If we know we're disadvantaging large swaths of students who we need in the workforce, we have to question why."
Drop algebra requirement for students of color, Latino California community colleges chief says - LA Times

Old 08-15-2017, 07:30 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
SOOOOO What you are saying is that the hate groups are more conservative and vote Republican because the Republican party is all about racism and keeping minorities down?
So why are they trying to protect the Confederate statues which by the way depict Democrats ?

Yes all those evil, slave owning, racist, hood wearing, cross burning, white nationalists that fought in the Civil War to keep black people in chains were Democrats.

It makes one wonder where the views of political parties on minorities really lie.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:40 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
SOOOOO What you are saying is that the hate groups are more conservative and vote Republican because the Republican party is all about racism and keeping minorities down?
So why are they trying to protect the Confederate statues which by the way depict Democrats ?

Yes all those evil, slave owning, racist, hood wearing, cross burning, white nationalists that fought in the Civil War to keep black people in chains were Democrats.

It makes one wonder where the views of political parties on minorities really lie.
Not hard to figure out. You have one party that wants to see people succeed based on merit, and one party that has convinced minorities that they are incapable of succeeding without government intervention. Both have racism, but only one has its racism institutionalized in its platform.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:45 AM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
Quote:

Its a deflection to focus on hate. The real connection is in reasoning and beliefs. Its no coincidence that these white extremist groups are almost all conservatives/libertarian/Republican. The rhetoric and mantra of the political right supports the belief and aims of white supremacy. Other than hate, the mainstream white conservative is not all that different from white nationalist. I mean, these extremist groups agenda is best carried through republican ideology.....which is why they vote republican. This is not to suggest that there are no racist white liberals, but rather, I am suggesting that the philosophy and mantra of the Republican/conservative movement implicitly supports white supremacy, at least as it relates to blacks.
How? What do mean by their philosophy and mantra?

The fact that you lumped in libertarians makes me curious...

Old 08-15-2017, 07:54 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:

So you stereotype all white Republicans as racists because of a few Nazi nutjobs? If you believe that, there is no discussion possible since I am and all other Republicans are racists. You are totally wrong and I have nothing else to say to such nonsense.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

That is so juvenile. Yes.....the democrats used to be the political umbrella of white racist. Today the racist has moved under the republican umbrella. If Racist move to the Green Party then the Green Party will be the party and Racist and will be the umbrella. Why is this so difficult to understand? There are no permanent friends or permanent enemies......just permanent interest. Hence, those against blacks have shifted from party to party.....and hence blacks interest have shifted from party to party because the majority of blacks used to vote republican at one time.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
So you stereotype all white Republicans as racists because of a few Nazi nutjobs? If you believe that, there is no discussion possible since I am and all other Republicans are racists. You are totally wrong and I have nothing else to say to such nonsense.
You are using the straw man. I never made a ubiquitous claim about all white anything. I said the rhetoric, concerning race, of the political right supports and comports with the beliefs of white supremacist.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:09 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,758,897 times
Quote:

How old are you, and to whom are you an indentured servant?

Old 08-15-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
How? What do mean by their philosophy and mantra?

The fact that you lumped in libertarians makes me curious...
One of the primary mantras of the Right is "PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY". Personal responsibility is the trump card in life, to conservatives. Hence, the black condition of socioeconomic inferiority is something that blacks are PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR. Historical racism and oppression of blacks, hence, becomes EXCUSES. The kicker, though, is this. The only way that blacks can be personally responsible for the inferior socioeconomic condition is if the nature of blacks is inferior. I mean....if blacks are in an inferior condition and no one else is responsible for them being in that condition.....then our nature must be inferior. In other words, what makes other races more personally responsible than US? This implicit inferiority is what links up with white supremacist explicit beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies