Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 10:58 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I guess loss of verbalization skills follow a natural progression: The ability to maintain a coherent thought across several complete sentences is replaced by outbursts and sentence fragments (Look at his tweets!) before the complete descent into subverbal communication. I didn't expect to see it happen that quickly.

Has any US president communicated by caricature before? Seems a bit incompatible with the dignity of the office.

During the election of either 1936 or 1940, FDR's election campaign sent an animated short movie for distribution to movie houses of a freight train with his facial likeness on the front of the engine going down the tracks and crashing into/running over/destroying his opponent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 10:59 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
I enjoy it when Trump does things like this. The left goes insane and nobody really gets hurt.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:01 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
did you happen to notice that no one was actually 'run over' in the cartoon?

a cartoon logo unsuccessfully trying to hold back a cartoon train?

no, I don't see how heyer's family could find that insensitive.
I'm aware. But common sense should've told him that given recent events, this was terrible timing to post that particular image. And you can say that people need to not be so easily misled, but when Trump is constantly telling people to not believe the "fake news", you can see that even he's acknowledging the reality of how easy it is for people to get the wrong idea about things.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:03 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times
Three people resign from his business council and a Tweeting he will go.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:06 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
And you are being triggered over and over and over. When are you going to wise up?
Not sure you know what it actually means when someone is "triggered".

Old 08-15-2017, 11:06 AM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
When are you and the liberal media going to figure out that President Trump has no time or care about your liberal outrage?
Nor yours...You know as well as I do that Trump cares only about one thing....Himself.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:09 AM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Just another more troll bait by the man/boy who would be king.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:09 AM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
He just made this statement a few days earlier and now this? Sure seems like schizophrenia.

Quote:
As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. It has no place in America. And as I have said many times before, no matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nce/565330001/

Old 08-15-2017, 11:39 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm aware. But common sense should've told him that given recent events, this was terrible timing to post that particular image. And you can say that people need to not be so easily misled, but when Trump is constantly telling people to not believe the "fake news", you can see that even he's acknowledging the reality of how easy it is for people to get the wrong idea about things.
if it actually showed someone - even a cartoon logo - actually getting mowed down, then I'd agree. since it in reality merely shows an entirely intact and unhurt cartoon logo futilely trying to hold back a goofy 'trump train', I think the level of poutrage demonstrated here illustrates the usual TDS we see so often here and in the media.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:45 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
For a President whose administration is suggesting the violence has to stop to tweet a 'joke' that is clearly 'violent' is indicative of his inability to understand his job, his role as a leader of the country. We had said his piece about the fake news being responsible for the public outcry over his poor use of words Saturday (which is total baloney.....as he was speaking, citizens -- you and me types were tweeting their disgust with the content -- media hadn't even started the analysis).....

His ego is just too fragile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies