Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 11:47 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't think that anyone denies that the extreme left possess some hatred.
Nope. The extreme left is full of hate. Almost as much as the "moderate" right. Which one of these vowed to obstruct anything a sittiing president tried to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 11:51 AM

923 posts, read 495,261 times
Many liberals / leftists will freely admit that there is hate on their side. But often they're quick to add that it's justified in their case and therefor excusable. It's much like the ones who worship at the altar of "tolerance" but say it's OK for them to be intolerant of someone whom they judge to be intolerant.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:52 AM

4,254 posts, read 3,176,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Bill hasn't been in the White House in 16 years, since 2001. If his legacy was such a problem, why wasn't it addressed before the meltdown in 2007-8? Was George W really that busy? Or did he just fail to do anything to control a runaway banking industry?
Be honest, you actually haven't studied this issue, have you?

Old 08-15-2017, 11:57 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
These people are in both parties.

That's kinda the point of the thread. Why can't the left see the racists on their side - and call them out for who they are?

Once again, trying to soften the Right's mess by saying that the Left is equally messed up. Which is a straight up lie.

Saying both sides are equal is like saying Johnny Manzel and Tom Brady are equal because they both like to party.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:02 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
That's what I find disgusting. The Trump presidency has brought out such ugly displays of intolerance and hate from the left that border on lunacy at times.
Good post, Jeff. Know what - you're right. There is certainly intolerance and hate on the left. When you take either direction beyond the realm of compromise into extremism and absolutism, you get similarly deplorable behavior from either side. The Kathy Griffin thing was abhorrent, and the violence from certain leftist groups is terrible.

But sorry - hate goes both ways, and you also have to admit that there IS a sizable base of reactionary people amongst conservatives who are interested in white-centric, bigoted, and xenophobic policies. It's not just in our imaginations. And guys like Steve Bannon in the White House who are associated with extremist publications like Breitbart - really? That's what you expect us to consider as healthy and normal?

And I can't depart from my core belief, which is that Trump is a terribly messed up human utterly unfit for the White House. Any other guy out there, I could get as President - may still disagree with their policies, but I get that they are at least psychologically sound adults who are temperamentally fit for office. With Bushes, Reagan, other conservative politicians, I didn't have this feeling, even if I didn't necessarily like them.

What I find disgusting is how conservatives can blindly hitch their wagons to a guy who behaves with such shocking immaturity; who engages in such blatant nepotism and family business conflicts of interest; who lies with a boldness unseen even amongst lying politicians; and who seems happy to undermine our elections process, our independent FBI, and the basic premise of a free press to suit his agenda. I find him wholly un-American in his motivations. He has real dictatorial tendencies.

You neglected to mention that liberals also want a President who is responsible and effective in the context of our Constitutional traditions, not just who speaks with a golden tongue. If Trump is going to make real changes, I fear that they will bring us closer to a totalitarian society than to the kind of society we should be.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:03 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Once again, trying to soften the Right's mess by saying that the Left is equally messed up. Which is a straight up lie.

Saying both sides are equal is like saying Johnny Manzel and Tom Brady are equal because they both like to party.

I didn't say anything about equal - there may be more hate from the left than the right - and it's politically based, not necessarily race based.

The thread is about the left recognizing hate on their side. Obviously you have this problem as well since you continue to deflect.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:08 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I didn't say anything about equal - there may be more hate from the left than the right - and it's politically based, not necessarily race based.

The thread is about the left recognizing hate on their side. Obviously you have this problem as well since you continue to deflect.

The problem is not from the liberals' side.

If the roof is leaking you fix the roof, you don't look at the garage and say, "Hey, I will change the old motor and chain; then the roof will fix itself."

If you want to fix the problem, go to the root cause. Don't go pansy-footing and finding someone else to blame.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:09 PM

152 posts, read 186,129 times
Yes, there are liberals who hate. But the focus of their hatred is entirely different from that of the alt right. Liberals hate intolerance, ignorance, racism, bigotry, and anyone who defiantly exhibits those behaviors. Liberals hate government that gives corporations free reign to extort from and trample on individual consumers. Liberals hate corporations who use their money and power to influence legislation which favors their profits at the cost of consumers. Liberals hate politicians who legislate to influence election outcomes, who pander to the wealthy, who preach one thing and practice the opposite. Liberals hate the constant pressure to incorporate religious ideas and ideals into law.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:10 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
The problem is not from the liberals' side.

If the roof is leaking you fix the roof, you don't look at the garage and say, "Hey, I will change the old motor and chain; then the roof will fix itself."

If you want to fix the problem, go to the root cause. Don't go pansy-footing and finding someone else to blame.

Maybe it's me ... isn't that what you are doing ??

Old 08-15-2017, 12:22 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Agreed, because the Left is far more out of touch.

Most of us who subscribe to the most basic of conservative and/or libertarian ideals don't push an agenda which we seek to write into the law of the land. We believe that a government which governs best governs least.

And despite the claims of the alarmists, this does not translate into complete repeal of the "safety net" which most of us recognize as essential in a post-industrial society. It does ,however, involve return of that safety net to local control, where the "professionally parasitic" who are a major component of the Leftists' coalition, can be identified and excluded,

So-called "progressives" on the other hand, have to impose their agenda via the aggrandizement and centralization of raw power; this is because the workings of a free and open market reward efficiency. The statist mentality, which is rooted in an insatiable desire for access to the means to coerce can only address a "problem" by making it appear larger, thereby seeking a larger bureaucracy -- and a larger share of someone else's money to spend.

On November 8 last, millions of ordinary Americans demonstrated their awareness of this, and spoiled the Clinton/Obama gang's Grand Scheme. The fact that a disproportionate share of them were white, (and not particularly wealthy), simply gave the Leftists notice that their lies, deceits, and stereotypes had to be re-focused.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 08-15-2017 at 12:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies