Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 11:43 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think that of the Alex Jones, Brietbart Zerohedge, Hanity, Limbaugh, clan. (They are offensive and play down to their audience as if their audience isn't able to handle a high level of journalism, entertainment, information).
They TELL YOU the are conservative opinion shows. CNN, NBC/MSNBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, NYT, Washpo, AP, etc lie to you, and deceive you, pretending it is the "news". And you believe them being the intelligent person you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 11:45 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They TELL YOU the are conservative opinion shows. CNN, NBC/MSNBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, NYT, Washpo, AP, etc lie to you, and deceive you, pretending it is the "news". And you believe them being the intelligent person you are.
LOL true. Alex Jones (too far out), Brietbart (don't read), Limbaugh (I listen to music), Hannity (once in awhile), so yes, the liberal media tells you what "they want people to THINK" are conservative shows and that's exactly what this thread is, media telling people what they want us to think. They tell you all kinds of things about people like me that we didn't even know about ourselves <sarcasm> LOL

Old 08-16-2017, 11:48 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What news outlet has called him racist & a Nazi? For real, what news reporter has said that? I'd like links to legit sources.
Here's just a few examples of the liberal narrative constantly being repeated by that Trump is a Nazi/ white supremacist -- this morning on NPR that's all their guests and commentators could talk about -- no one there to deny it -- they all spoke as if it was just fact now that he's a white supremacist or Nazi sympathizer.
Name one liberal reporter that has denied he's a racist when their guests say he is.

The Guardian -- the president is a neo-Nazi synpathiser
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...zi-sympathiser

Maxine Waters -- the White House is now the white supremacist house
Maxine Waters: The White House is now 'the White Supremacists' House'

Some liberals comparing Trump to Hitler
Some Liberals Compared Trump to Hitler During His Speech to Boy Scouts | Fox News Insider

Old 08-16-2017, 11:49 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Here's just a few examples of the liberal narrative constantly being repeated by that Trump is a Nazi/ white supremacist -- this morning on NPR that's all their guests and commentators could talk about -- no one there to deny it -- they all spoke as if it was just fact now that he's a white supremacist or Nazi sympathizer.
Name one liberal reporter that has denied he's a racist when their guests say he is.

The Guardian -- the president is a neo-Nazi synpathiser
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...zi-sympathiser

Maxine Waters -- the White House is now the white supremacist house
Maxine Waters: The White House is now 'the White Supremacists' House'

Some liberals comparing Trump to Hitler
Some Liberals Compared Trump to Hitler During His Speech to Boy Scouts | Fox News Insider
You mean commentators? I specifically asked about news, about reporters. Not commentary. Try again.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:54 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
You mean commentators? I specifically asked about news, about reporters. Not commentary. Try again.
People don't understand the difference and they believe every word they hear.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:55 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
People don't understand the difference and they believe every word they hear.
And that's their fault if they're too lazy to understand.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:07 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
The media is not just reporters -- I stated that majority of the MEDIA is liberal and that is unhealthy when one ideology controls the narrative in this country.
The narrative that's being supported by them is that Trump is a racist and by association so are his supporters.
The reporters allow this narrative by not having a counter dialog or interview. Sometimes it's just a subtle implication that he and his supporters are racist, other times it's obvious.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:12 PM

5,068 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
but the leftist people are exactly as you describe...stupid and easily manipulated.
This is what I don't get, and somewhat disagree with. Most of my friends aren't stupid. One is a leading scientist. I have a lot of frustration right now that so many intelligent people are buying into these talking points that get regurgitated on social media. I know they're smart, so I can't figure out what's behind it. The only thing I can come up with is that if you DON'T do this, or you question the narrative, the results can be very uncomfortable. It makes you susceptible to being labeled a bigot, racist, etc.

Maybe it's because regardless of how smart they are, they like the pat on the back they get for espousing the "correct" sentiment. Maybe it's about needing egos stroked. Maybe it's feeling the need to publicly distance themselves from the ugliness of the neoNazis and white supremacists (or the low-education poor, or whatever). I don't know, but it's getting old.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:08 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
This is what I don't get, and somewhat disagree with. Most of my friends aren't stupid. One is a leading scientist. I have a lot of frustration right now that so many intelligent people are buying into these talking points that get regurgitated on social media. I know they're smart, so I can't figure out what's behind it. The only thing I can come up with is that if you DON'T do this, or you question the narrative, the results can be very uncomfortable. It makes you susceptible to being labeled a bigot, racist, etc.

Maybe it's because regardless of how smart they are, they like the pat on the back they get for espousing the "correct" sentiment. Maybe it's about needing egos stroked. Maybe it's feeling the need to publicly distance themselves from the ugliness of the neoNazis and white supremacists (or the low-education poor, or whatever). I don't know, but it's getting old.

I struggled with a lot of this about 10 years ago. At the time I was working in tech support of a major computer hardware company, I was very baffled at the amount of support Obama had within my coworkers, most were very sharp technically but it has become clear to me that logic and common sense was an area they were lacking. It makes sense now.

Ive had plenty of false labels put on me, Im no snowflake, label me whatever makes you feel better. It wont get to me.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:17 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
“No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.” H.L. Mencken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies