Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 06:57 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,098,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
First off - for anyone questioning all of this, you need to understand what the words "racial undertones" mean together.
All I asked was for anyone complaining about the birther movement to denounce Hillary Clinton for starting it. Well Barry Soetoro sort of had a hand in it. The claim was made when Barry Soetoro published his book that he was born in Kenya, by his publicist. Barry Soetoro was the name Barrack Obama used until Harvard.

2 Clinton supporters in

Quote:
“During the 2008 Democratic primary, Sid Blumenthal visited the Washington Bureau of McClatchy Co.,” Asher said in an email Friday to McClatchy, noting that he was at the time the investigative editor and in charge of Africa coverage.

“During that meeting, Mr. Blumenthal and I met together in my office and he strongly urged me to investigate the exact place of President Obama’s birth, which he suggested was in Kenya. We assigned a reporter to go to Kenya, and that reporter determined that the allegation was false.

“At the time of Mr. Blumenthal’s conversation with me, there had been a few news articles published in various outlets reporting on rumors about Obama’s birthplace. While Mr. Blumenthal offered no concrete proof of Obama’s Kenyan birth, I felt that, as journalists, we had a responsibility to determine whether or not those rumors were true. They were not.”
From Obama's typesetter to your eyes -

Barack traded on his born in Kenya stuff, until he left Harvard and wanted to run for political office.

Hillary was the first to use this as an attack upon Barry. It is unfortunate Trump gets blamed and Hillary excused by the left.

Use google images and search for "Barry Soetoro born in Kenya" without the quotes and you'll find ample documentation.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:03 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
All I asked was for anyone complaining about the birther movement to denounce Hillary Clinton for starting it. Well Barry Soetoro sort of had a hand in it. The claim was made when Barry Soetoro published his book that he was born in Kenya, by his publicist. Barry Soetoro was the name Barrack Obama used until Harvard.

2 Clinton supporters in

Barack traded on his born in Kenya stuff, until he left Harvard and wanted to run for political office.

Hillary was the first to use this as an attack upon Barry. It is unfortunate Trump gets blamed and Hillary excused by the left.

Use google images and search for "Barry Soetoro born in Kenya" without the quotes and you'll find ample documentation.
At least be consistent with the words...was it Hillary who started it (I sent you 5 links that all fact-checked it and found that to not be true)?

Or was it a Hillary supporter?

That kind of matters...because they are not the same thing. Not that I really care who "started" it. That wasn't even what my post was about.

The initial post that I wrote that started this rabbit hole of a discussion was that the birther movement had strong racist undertones. The movement that persisted for years and years, even in the face of clear evidence.

The rest of your post is wholly irrelevant to this discussion. Although...lol at "Trump gets blamed" - it's not an accident that Trump "gets blamed". In the face of concrete evidence, he persisted for years. He was the poster child for this conspiracy theory.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:13 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
All I asked was for anyone complaining about the birther movement to denounce Hillary Clinton for starting it.
altho there were clinton supporters ( the PUMAs ) among the early birthers neither clinton or her campaign did anything to promote birtherism.

Quote:
Well Barry Soetoro sort of had a hand in it. The claim was made when Barry Soetoro published his book that he was born in Kenya, by his publicist.
that bio blurb was written for an industry promotion brochure for a literary agency, not from obama's publicist. mariam goderich has admitted to writing the error.

Quote:
Barry Soetoro was the name Barrack Obama used until Harvard.
obama used his step father's name ( the 3rd president to do so ) from ages 6-10. even brietbart debunked the myth that obama used the name soetoro in college.

Quote:
2 Clinton supporters in

the blumenthal/asher conversation is a "he said/she said" scenario. altho blumenthal was definitely looking for dirt on obama there is no evidence to support asher's account that blumenthal wanted to promote birtherism and blumenthal denies saying it. even asher's own emails at the time to blumenthal and the mcclatchy correspondent in kenya support blumenthal's account. plus your own link points out that the conversation happened after the origin of birtherism.

Quote:
Barack traded on his born in Kenya stuff, until he left Harvard ....
all contemporaneous articles about obama during his time at harvard list him as being born in hawaii.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:14 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:

2 Clinton supporters in

OHH LOOKEY! OBAMA!!

Loser

Old 08-15-2017, 11:17 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
the character assasination, spurious comments, unfounded rumors spread to promote dems fear mongering campaign reveals the grimey underside of democrat supporters whose ethics eliminate them from consideration for future political office.

This is the stuff of medieval with trials. A sad time for our country when a lost election justifies overthrowing the US government. Sadder yet the news media is not there to bring sanity to the democrat hate mongering campaign.
Perfectly said! You know, those of us who did not vote for and could not stand Obama, endured eight long years without this constant commotion, hate, and conspiracy from so many to destroy his presidency. We accepted the election results and put the well-being of the country first.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:19 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
We accepted the election results ....
then you completely missed 8+ years of birtherism.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:23 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
The obvious follow up joke...

Of course Trump doesn't cut holes in his bed sheets... he has Chinese people he can pay to do that for him.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:10 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,098,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
At least be consistent with the words...was it Hillary who started it (I sent you 5 links that all fact-checked it and found that to not be true)?

Or was it a Hillary supporter?

That kind of matters...because they are not the same thing. Not that I really care who "started" it. That wasn't even what my post was about.

The initial post that I wrote that started this rabbit hole of a discussion was that the birther movement had strong racist undertones. The movement that persisted for years and years, even in the face of clear evidence.

The rest of your post is wholly irrelevant to this discussion. Although...lol at "Trump gets blamed" - it's not an accident that Trump "gets blamed". In the face of concrete evidence, he persisted for years. He was the poster child for this conspiracy theory.
You missed Sid Blumenthal, who is a proxy for Hillary Clinton. He testified the Clinton's were paying him $200,000 per year in 2016 before Congress. Sid also arranged to have Hillary invade Libya. Now if getting the U.S. to break it's agreement and destroy Libya doesn't indicate Sidney Blumenthal has gravitas with the Clintons, what does? He is all over Wikileaks advising Clinton. If Sidney Blumenthal strolls in to suggest Barack Obama isn't born in the United States, we can easily infer this was his assignment from Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies