Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 09:06 PM

21,135 posts, read 19,714,475 times

Advertisements

It's a consequence of overpopulation. If you walk through the wilderness and come upon someone, you stop and talk to them. If you walk down a busy city street with thousands of other people, you can't possibly say "hi" to all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 09:25 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Actually there is a lot to be said about what the OP posted. While I do agree that we should as citizens support ensuring that our People are safe and have access to clean water, good food, healthcare and shelter, I am also of the camp that I can also prefer to not live in the mess we have made of our cities. I moved out of the city 8 years ago and have been working on being self sufficient the entire time, we can supply our own power, water and there is a lake at the end of my property for fish and hunting is needed. We grow many of our own vegetables, have chickens and rabbits for extra meat, have fruit and nut trees and supplies both building, food, guns and ammo, and just about every other need one could think of other than a hospital. It takes work, lots of it, and yes, money, but the fruits are that is the if a major catastrophe or who knows were to happen we are nearly as ready as we can be. Then there is the sound of birds, animals, and the even breeze we get to listen to in the evenings, along with far fresher air to breath. No car noise, no screaming neighbors, not exhaust fumes to breath. Oh and we own it all, no mortgage, never more than one car or truck payment, none at the moment, and no real debt of any kind, one can do it if they start planning then work hard to get there. We are not so far that we cannot be in town in a reasonable amount of time and it would not bother me to be much further from society, but we are happy with were we are. The funny thing is since we have moved many of our friends are also beginning to follow along the same path, people are getting sick and tired of living in cities where one hardly knows the people who live next door. Heck I know more of my neighbors out here than I did living in cities, besides if things ever go "south" the cities will be the very Last place you will want to be, it is just common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies