Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 01:49 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
What do you mean supposedly? Fred Trump was arrested at the KKK rally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.be54afeff975
Yep, Dam Racist Democrats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 02:20 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I didn't vote Republican in the last election. I voted for Hillary as what I perceived to be the lesser of two evils. I was out of work for two years following Y2K. The direct cause of my unemployment was that all mainframe jobs within my place of business went to India. In the following two years finding a COBOL job was impossible. This was due to a generous allotment of H-1b visas and the increased use of Bangalore India as a hub American data processing.

To Hillary the H-1b problem was nonexistent. In fact she joked about the possibility of her being the Senator from the Punjab. Trump for all of his faults did expose how companies fire employees and make their severance contingent on training their Indian replacements. He dared to bring this to light. This was done during the campaign and the media never aired it. This has been going on for twenty years and with the exception of Lou Dobbs only got air time this past Sunday night.

If you ask someone in personnel at a major company what an H-1b is they will say I don't know and look frightened because they just lied to you.
Oh please. COBOL was a dying language even back then. Companies like yours were putting legacy software into maintenance mode using cheap labor because they didn't care about it any more. You only have yourself to blame if you weren't astute enough to spot that trend and retrain in a more contemporary technology. A tech career is a moving freight train. If you can't keep up, it's not waiting for you.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:39 PM

783 posts, read 576,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
No it wasn't a lie. My computer doesn't like your plug in and this may come as a great surprise to you but I have zero motivation to actually fix the issue since I could not care less about the contents.
I don't have a plugin (one word, dummy).

And the fact that your computer is crap doesn't have anything to do with me.

Here, try a different computer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7QPCyZ6MwI

Old 08-16-2017, 07:46 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
That's just it, we may not live through Trump. Have you read the book On Tyranny by a Yale professor who gives 20 steps on becoming a dictator, which steps Trump is busy taking at this moment? I doubt if those on the left would even read it, and I imagine some, if not, many, would hope that he does become a dictator.
My mother's family lived through Hitler. I know the stories. Anyone comparing Trump to Hitler has lost their marbles. AND that includes a Yale Professor.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:47 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,306 times
Quote:
I have a black friend who voted for Trump and who did not perceive birtherism as racist! That's like a Jewish person admiring Hitler.
Please keep going... you're looking worse and worse with each comment.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:47 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
So what will be Moore's female name when he finishes his transition into a lesbian?

Old 08-16-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Michael Moore's long acrylic wig and baseball cap aren't fooling anyone.
Are you saying he is Maxine Waters? Come to think of it, I've never seen them together

Old 08-16-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I have a black friend who voted for Trump and who did not perceive birtherism as racist! That's like a Jewish person admiring Hitler.
Loony Lefties' favorite Jew, George Soros, admired Hitler. He grew up during the war and helped confiscate the belongings of Jews taken off to the camps. Says it was one of the most exciting times of his life. It imprinted on his Satanic brain the connection between chaos and money which could explain why he likes to pay for chaos and then cash in.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:48 PM

3,839 posts, read 3,066,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I'm kinda glad that no prominent Pubs are fat philanderers.

Aren't you?

Michael Moore is fat and stupid. He will eat you if you spread some jelly and butter on your butt.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:58 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Michael Moore is fat and stupid. He will eat you if you spread some jelly and butter on your butt.

Aren't you glad that tRump isn't:

1. fat

-and-

2. stupid

I won't get into the shortcomings of his Trumplings.

Carry on.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies