Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2017, 05:22 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Orwell's wrote 1984 :

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” - George Orwell, 1984
They are to blinded to see this, they are too intoxicated by thier radical leftist worldview to understand. Once freedom is lost its tough to recover, destroyed history can never be had back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 12:12 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I know a black man who has confederate heritage. He is not ashamed of it, it is history and history is what it is. I believe he is happy he knows about it and accepts it as part of his southern heritage. He is an older man who is wise with experience, he is beyond being affected by political correctness.
You know ONE (1) Black man who embraces Confederates. I can find hundreds more Blacks who do not like the Confederate flag or anything Confederates stand for. Nice try, but no cigar.

Again, a majority of Blacks in the USA are southerners. Most blacks in the USA have southern roots. Why do the majority of Blacks not embrace the Confederate flag as "their heritage"? No one is answering that question. And I suspect some people know the answer, but don't want to say it, hence the deflection.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:00 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You know ONE (1) Black man who embraces Confederates. I can find hundreds more Blacks who do not like the Confederate flag or anything Confederates stand for. Nice try, but no cigar.

Again, a majority of Blacks in the USA are southerners. Most blacks in the USA have southern roots. Why do the majority of Blacks not embrace the Confederate flag as "their heritage"? No one is answering that question. And I suspect some people know the answer, but don't want to say it, hence the deflection.
I used the example of one person I know who has knowledge of thier family history. Most people white or black can't be sure of thier kin that far back. I have no idea how many blacks are offended at the sight of the flag. What I have noticed is that the ones on tv getting all bent out of shape about the flag tend to be young. They have been conditioned to be offended, reared on political correctness and victimhood. Young white people are not much different, the only difference is they replace victimhood with white guilt. This issue is far less about race is it is generational warfare. The brainwashed snowflakes 35 and under vs everyone else. You will never convince me to respect all these thin skinned people or thier beliefs.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:03 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

George Orwell, 1984
Oh, those statues tell the whole story then?

Why don't we put up some statues of slaves in chains next to them.

Presents a clearer picture.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:48 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Oh, those statues tell the whole story then?

Why don't we put up some statues of slaves in chains next to them.

Presents a clearer picture.
state of alabama has a statue honoring slave, right their on the capital grounds

Old 08-19-2017, 08:36 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
You don't speak for the 'majority' of blacks.
Polls mean absolutely nothing nowadays!
You have no way of knowing how many feel one way or another.

I was only pointing out two examples of which I am sure that there are many, many more.

Now ... bye!
He's not speaking for all blacks. All he's doing is stating the opinion that the vast majority of us black folks have about the confederate flag.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:37 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Are you sure about that?
Yes, I'm sure... I wouldn't have said it if I wasn't...

Old 08-20-2017, 01:06 AM

3,073 posts, read 1,682,636 times
Two years ago the mayor of New Orleans - who obviously had nothing better to do - had an "idea" to take down the Robert E Lee statue that had been there since the 1880's. (Keep in mind that this was 2 years ago ~ NOT under Trump's watch.) Finally the statue was dismantled this May, and this is the Piped Piper for the avalanche of statues everywhere to be removed.

I highly doubt that the people of New Orleans thought much of anything about the statue. The city would not be the same without it's crazy history, and toppling down the Lee statue didn't do a damned thing to cut down on its crime. It was money flushed down the toilet.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:22 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Conspiracy theorists think the nuts were waiting for a moment like this Trump presidency to throw their temper tantrum over these "monuments" or statues or whatever they are - look what they have accomplished. It is all to do about nothing.

Any sensible person should see that this whole conniption that the ANTIFA communists are throwing are just doing it to start a bunch of senseless crap over...and they are accomplishing it.

It is not about Confederate ANYTHING with these clowns. They just want to cause a riot.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:18 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I used the example of one person I know who has knowledge of thier family history. Most people white or black can't be sure of thier kin that far back. I have no idea how many blacks are offended at the sight of the flag. What I have noticed is that the ones on tv getting all bent out of shape about the flag tend to be young. They have been conditioned to be offended, reared on political correctness and victimhood. Young white people are not much different, the only difference is they replace victimhood with white guilt. This issue is far less about race is it is generational warfare. The brainwashed snowflakes 35 and under vs everyone else. You will never convince me to respect all these thin skinned people or thier beliefs.
You used one example. I can find multiple examples of the opposite. People I've grown up with, went to college with, worked on the job with. As for family history, the vast majority of Blacks in the USA are hear because of the slave days. Pick up any U.S. history book and you'll figure that out.

You have no idea how many are offended by the flag. You have no idea how many Blacks cannot relate to the Confederate flag, or do not embrace the Confederates as their own. Do you ask? Do you go and try to figure that out? If not, then of course you aren't going to know. And that is my point. When it comes to whatever many Black people have to say about the flag, it is either ignored or decried.

And it is not just the young who are not thrilled about the flag. My parents are in their 50s and 60s. They reallly despise the Confederate flag. I've met Black people in their 50s and 60s who don't like the Confederate flag. The fact that you say "they've been conditioned to be offended" tells me you have alot of willful ignorance in you.

Something else. If you think generational welfare is the reason so many Blacks don't like the Confederate flag, back your statement up with proof. Otherwise, you are the one full of lies. Calling people snowflakes because they don't like the Confederate flag, sounds like hypocrisy on your part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies