Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 06:53 AM

24,257 posts, read 16,930,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Same here. There must be a point somewhere, but..............

I think the OP is trying to ask the question "why don't people stay in their own country and make it great instead of coming to America"

If that is the question it is a good one. One does have to wonder how Europe and eventually America was able to be built up in the civilizations that they are. The same can be said of China and Japan.

How could these countries and others become so advanced in so many ways over other countries?
Poverty prevents many from moving up. It is hard to advance when you are hungry.
In other cases it is bad leadership that prevents a country from growing. I'm thinking North Korea compared to South Korea and Venezuela that has money in oil but the people are suffering.

I don't know what Liberals have to do with anything except maybe they are more inclined to welcome people into America from third world countries.
I tend to take a harder line on that and I think it is terrific to be charitable to an extent but ones heart can only bleed so much then you run out of blood (money) and you are no better off then the people you are trying to help.

I think that is what the OP is getting at??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 06:54 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,703,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The OP is afraid of immigrants.

Lots of them are not white enough for his taste.
Haha, yep. Reminds me of one time years ago when I was on a business trip in a small town in the Panhandle and stopped at a convenience store to get gas. I walked in to pay dressed in a shirt and tie, and two rednecky guys were leaning against the counter. They eyed me up for a few minutes, and then one of them said "You ain't from around here, are you ?"

That is the way a lot of people on here feel. Why not go back to your own country and be happy instead of coming here and being "different" than us?

Old 08-16-2017, 07:00 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,309,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The OP is afraid of immigrants.

Lots of them are not white enough for his taste.
No, not "afraid". My question is why do they need to come here?

Why can't they make their countries places they want to live?

Are they not smart enough to do that?

If they're not, why not?

If that's the case why do they call others "white supremacist", when obviously by their actions, they are "white supremacist"?

There's no logic involved in any of these 21st century immigration issues!?!?!?

If the white man could make his lands and governments places that are enticing to live in why can't other races do the same?

If you say they can not than you're a complete hypocrite and you are what you say you hate: A "white supremacist". There's no way around the logic.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:01 AM

35,352 posts, read 20,714,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Same here. There must be a point somewhere, but..............
I think he is trying to point a finger instead of looking inward.... where the problem lies

Old 08-16-2017, 07:07 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,309,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I think he is trying to point a finger instead of looking inward.... where the problem lies
You people are thick as bricks!!!

Why do White, European Countries have to be colonized?

Why can't they emulate what Western Countries do in their own countries and stay there?

Are they really that inferior? Are you really that racist?

Are you really this stupid?

Old 08-16-2017, 07:15 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,380,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
No, not "afraid". My question is why do they need to come here?

Why can't they make their countries places they want to live?

Are they not smart enough to do that?

If they're not, why not?

If that's the case why do they call others "white supremacist", when obviously by their actions, they are "white supremacist"?

There's no logic involved in any of these 21st century immigration issues!?!?!?

If the white man could make his lands and governments places that are enticing to live in why can't other races do the same?

If you say they can not than you're a complete hypocrite and you are what you say you hate: A "white supremacist". There's no way around the logic.
<sniff>

Yep

Smells like fear.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:19 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,448,437 times
Quote:

Why can't they emulate what Western Countries do in their own countries and stay there?

This is going in a dark direction.......

Old 08-16-2017, 07:21 AM

68,279 posts, read 54,030,041 times
Quote:

Like England, Spain, Portugal, France et al did all over the world?

Like America did in Iran, Chile, Vietnam, Iraq, et al?

Old 08-16-2017, 08:19 AM

15,932 posts, read 12,187,069 times
There's a certain logic to the OP's post. People build McMansions next to farms and complain it smells like cow manure and try to get the farmer to stop farming, or they move along a busy commuting artery and then petition to have the speed limits lowered to stupid low levels because they don't like the noise.

Why are all these people flooding into the US rather than trying to reform their own country's government so that it's more open and tolerant? I suppose there's only so much a citizen in Syria or Iran can do and that the majority simply outnumber them, so they have no choice but to leave for lands with more opportunity.

Somewhere in between both extreme's viewpoints is a common sense middle ground where people move to an area but respect the people already living there and try to assimilate, rather than forming a pocket of their own culture somewhere and trying to force everyone to adapt to their "special needs." Chinese people do a good enough job integrating with the rest of the culture... some people just refuse to do this.. it's the "all about me" syndrome.. same thing that causes people to use loud motorcycles at 5AM or leave their dogs outside to bark all day, annoying their neighbors.. ME, ME, bleepin MEEEE!

Old 08-16-2017, 08:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,855,199 times
Quote:
Well you guys are the perfect example of post 60's, 21st century stupidity, if you can't follow the principle, logic and point of what I wrote.

Education today is worse than I thought.
And I think should stop using words such as Logic and Education, since from what I have read in your posts you Obviously only have a sketchy understanding of either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies