Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 08:27 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times

Advertisements

Yesterday, I was on FB and my phone was blowing up about Trump supporting the racists white people. I just listened to the full Trump speech myself, instead of getting bits and pieces from the media.

As a black liberal, and for someone who doesn't even like/supported Trump, Trump was dead on 100% correct. Sure, it's controversial, but it really was BOTH sides that caused it, not just the racist white people/supremacist/KKK/Nazi's. Truth is, Antifa needs to be called out. But, people have a right to protest peacefully, no matter if you agree with it or not. Both sides weren't there to cause violence, but the ones who were causing the violence need to go. I'm not a fan of white racists, obviously. But I'm also not a fan of what the extreme left are and have been doing for several months now, and the media just quiet is mute about them.

Also, what is the point of taking down statues from the confederacy? Why erase history? What good will it do? Trump is right, at this point, we'll be renaming Washington DC because GW had slaves on a plantation while he was the President. And furthermore, I'M A PRODUCT OF SLAVERY! So I wouldn't even exist if not for slavery happening. It's not something I'm exactly proud of, but, that kinda is my heritage, as my family is from North Carolina and most likely were slaves at some point in time. So are you saying that not only are white people responsible for putting us in slavery, but now white liberals want to eradicate my own history too? That's what Trump was getting at earlier.

It's getting hard for me to take the media seriously, but he actually spoke some hard cold truth yesterday, and for whatever reason, people are saying he's supporting Neo-Nazi's and White Supremacists when he said in his speech several times yesterday he's against and condemns it. But the "alt-left" definitely needs to be called out too. I saw what they did to innocent people first hand on Inauguration Day, and I don't believe in people being violent from the left, nor the right.

The media is playing up on the divide and conquer card, and it's sad to see the masses fall for this.

I'm going to get a lot of "YOU'RE A COON, YOU LOVE TRUMP" remarks. That's okay, bring it, I'm not either one of those, but the man actually called out a harsh truth yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 08:54 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Yesterday, I was on FB and my phone was blowing up about Trump supporting the racists white people. I just listened to the full Trump speech myself, instead of getting bits and pieces from the media.

As a black liberal, and for someone who doesn't even like/supported Trump, Trump was dead on 100% correct. Sure, it's controversial, but it really was BOTH sides that caused it, not just the racist white people/supremacist/KKK/Nazi's. Truth is, Antifa needs to be called out. But, people have a right to protest peacefully, no matter if you agree with it or not. Both sides weren't there to cause violence, but the ones who were causing the violence need to go. I'm not a fan of white racists, obviously. But I'm also not a fan of what the extreme left are and have been doing for several months now, and the media just quiet is mute about them.

Also, what is the point of taking down statues from the confederacy? Why erase history? What good will it do? Trump is right, at this point, we'll be renaming Washington DC because GW had slaves on a plantation while he was the President. And furthermore, I'M A PRODUCT OF SLAVERY! So I wouldn't even exist if not for slavery happening. It's not something I'm exactly proud of, but, that kinda is my heritage, as my family is from North Carolina and most likely were slaves at some point in time. So are you saying that not only are white people responsible for putting us in slavery, but now white liberals want to eradicate my own history too? That's what Trump was getting at earlier.

It's getting hard for me to take the media seriously, but he actually spoke some hard cold truth yesterday, and for whatever reason, people are saying he's supporting Neo-Nazi's and White Supremacists when he said in his speech several times yesterday he's against and condemns it. But the "alt-left" definitely needs to be called out too. I saw what they did to innocent people first hand on Inauguration Day, and I don't believe in people being violent from the left, nor the right.

The media is playing up on the divide and conquer card, and it's sad to see the masses fall for this.

I'm going to get a lot of "YOU'RE A COON, YOU LOVE TRUMP" remarks. That's okay, bring it, I'm not either one of those, but the man actually called out a harsh truth yesterday.
Have you heard of ANTHONY BRIAN LOGAN? He is a very smart man who says alot of the same thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm8EHL1lEXY

A very good watch

Old 08-16-2017, 10:15 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Show up to a WN rally and report back to us what happens.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:21 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Show up to a WN rally and report back to us what happens.
As a dark-skinned cat I'd go if I was assured I would be by myself without the Alt-Left there.

I wouldn't have any issues.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:21 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Quote:

Racism and hate is unacceptable from both sides. Much of it is fueled by the media. Trump is usually more often right than he is wrong. His problem is that at times he isn't very articulate and his message get's lost in translation. Trump is correct that if the jobs numbers keep going up race relations will continue to improve. When people have jobs that pay them a living wage and have families to go home to every night and fun things to do on the weekends they aren't sitting around looking for the next thing to be out raged about.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:47 AM

244 posts, read 181,015 times
I'm not a big fan of the hard Left either, even though do lean Left on the issues of economic justice, environment and freedom from religion in public life.

However, if I absolutely need to choose sides between Alt Right and Antifa, I'd have to say the latter are a lesser evil. Alt Righters want a White State which is a completely insane idea given that less than two thirds of Americans are non-Hispanic Whites. If Alt Righters are allowed to rise sufficiently, we are going to have a lot of violent conflict in this country because their cause cannot be reconciled with reality. Antifa, on the other hand, while having some whacky ideas, does not profess supremacy of any ethnic or racial group. It can be argued that it is less crazy.

Trump's reaction to Charlottesville's rioting is deeply disappointing because it betrays, if we are to be charitable to him, a deep misunderstanding of our history and the present state of our society. The Nazis, KKK etc truly have no place in public life because their agenda, if allowed to sufficiently advance, will cause a new civil war as its inevitable result. While I think we are fairly far from that point right now, even a half competent political figure must do everything possible to prevent us from moving in that direction.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:52 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Its about gaining political power using race and bigotry as the vehicle.

What ever you as an individual decide on race and bigotry can and should be separate from politics.
The reasoning behind that statement is because politics isn't about the left or the right anymore.
Its about the elites and the non elites.
The elites are in control and want to continue policy's that keep them benefiting to the exclusion of the non elites. If the elites were only one color there would be an argument to be made. When we see what happens when non white democrats and white democrats are in control of cities and states and there is no progress made in education or economy. More people on government assistance with no ladder to greater prosperity but greater demand on the social safety net. Race is not the issue but it is the fail safe distraction to get elected on an emotional issue that has worked historically.

Last edited by phma; 08-16-2017 at 11:11 AM..

Old 08-16-2017, 11:09 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Its about gaining political power using race and bigotry as the vehicle.
Yup..Just like Hitler did. I'm talking about the Leftists.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:19 PM

711 posts, read 933,104 times
IMO there is a time, place and method for protest. I don't think any of these were followed in the recent clash in Va.

Trump made it very clear that violence is totally unacceptable. To make it O.K for one side is to take a stance on a very controversial matter. Only the smallest of thinkers believe this issue can be addressed by gatherings to express disapproval.

I point to the laws pertaining to the damage or defacing of public property---the financial burdens incurred by relocating the same--and the disregard for the historical representation of the development of this country. While some may be sensitive to truth where does the right to attempt to alter the truth, to some ideal, come from?

All of the tearing down---moving at great cost our historical monuments will only serve to misrepresent our nation--and will do nothing to eradicate what comes from the hearts and minds of mankind. Instead it will cause outrageous appeasement of a segment of our population and the resentment that is sure to follow.

IMO trump was correct---don't kill the messenger. Those that seek to redirect our historical placements should seek to do so through our courts of law. What remedies they will come up with for the minds of man shall be interesting to see.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:22 PM

923 posts, read 495,136 times
Quote:

I really wish I could "rep" you more than once for this outstanding post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies