Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 12:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times

Advertisements

Protecting themselves is a good idea. Did the alt-right complain when freelance security vigilantes showed up at Trump campaign rallies. I doubt it.

Since one of the Deliverance Dolts that Trump considers 'fine people,' responsible for the rally ending Heyer's life, made a statement that he is happy she was murdered, I believe people would have a reason to feel the need for protection from more of those 'fine people.'

Revolting that these 'fine people' consider themselves victims.

"Justin Moore, the Grand Dragon for the Loyal White Knights of the KKK, has now said he is pleased about the fact Ms Heyer was killed...."I'm sorta glad that them people got hit and I'm glad that girl died," Mr Moore said....

KKK Grand Dragon says I'm 'glad' Heather Heyer died in Charlottesville | The Independent

Old 08-16-2017, 01:01 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
but... but... It is Bush's fault, worked really well...
Never let a crisis go to waste.
This has Obama's face all over it.
Because he is black?

By the way I never blamed Bush for anything. It just so happened he left office with the economy in the s***ter.

Old 08-16-2017, 01:01 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
As they embody everything Fascism represents.
Like what? Nationalism? Opposition to liberalism? Opposition to marxism? Opposition to anarchism?

Old 08-16-2017, 01:02 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
A group of antifascist protesters armed with purple shields and bats showed up to the Wednesday funeral of a woman mowed down by a white supremacist who struck her with a vehicle.
Antifa, a collection of left-wing protesters, decided to crash the funeral of Heather Heyer, a white woman who died after a white supremacist drove his car into a crowd of protesters during a white nationalist riot.

https://www.infowars.com/antifa-prot...eyers-funeral/

you did not comment how you felt about that.. Bent? I think they should pass laws nobody BUT family and invited go to funerals--
I don't know how her dad tolerated it- but in his interview he is from FL- he said forgiveness is his hearts desire- hope he can for HIM-
I'm ashamed of the murderer - and his group-and that they call this country theirs

Old 08-16-2017, 01:04 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This is what Trump has brought us to. Our civil liberties, even the right to bury our dead has to be protected by radical groups because our President and the DOJ won't stand up to the Nazis and the Klan.
Oh the drama. Westboro has been doing it for years and biker gangs were the protection.

Old 08-16-2017, 01:05 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,226 times
Quote:
A group of antifascist protesters armed with purple shields and bats showed up to the Wednesday funeral of a woman mowed down by a white supremacist who struck her with a vehicle.
Antifa, a collection of left-wing protesters, decided to crash the funeral of Heather Heyer, a white woman who died after a white supremacist drove his car into a crowd of protesters during a white nationalist riot.

https://www.infowars.com/antifa-prot...eyers-funeral/
Do you have a more reliable source than Info Wars? Was it next to a Sandy Hook conspiracy theory article?

Old 08-16-2017, 01:10 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
As they embody everything Fascism represents. Projecting themselves on others.

Kinda like calling Progressives, Liberal
Umm, that's not what fascism means.

And as previously stated, antifascists are by definition 'against fascism'. There is no alternative definition, no alternative spin and no alternative fact here.
This is not an alternative universe.

Old 08-16-2017, 01:14 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post

Antifa advocates violence against the first two. That's bad but it's not even remotely in the same moral ballpark.
Remember Berkeley? They get violent over free speech and other freedoms.

They are the mirror image of the Nazi Skinheads.

Old 08-16-2017, 01:51 PM

8,501 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
They've been spewing their hate and holding their rallies for years....nothing has changed. David Duke has never not felt empowered when someone sticks a microphone in his face.
You're wrong.

What has changed - and changed dramatically - is the impact of social media and the super organizing tool that it provides to reach the disaffected. Look at how skillfully ISIS has employed the web.

What the alt right is about (not that you don't already know this well, I'm sure) is making the transition from the dark recesses of the internet to boots on the ground.

Unite the Right was a step in that direction.

Old 08-16-2017, 01:55 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
You're wrong.

What has changed - and changed dramatically - is the impact of social media and the super organizing tool that it provides to reach the disaffected. Look at how skillfully ISIS has employed the web.

What the alt right is about (not that you don't already know this well, I'm sure) is making the transition from the dark recesses of the internet to boots on the ground.

Unite the Right was a step in that direction.
No........you are wrong.

They have been boots on the ground for years/decades.

They went to the Supreme Court to ensure their right to be boots on the ground.

I'm quite sure they are and have been for some time infiltrated by the FBI or at least watched. There is no evidence that they are growing in number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies