Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 07:43 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don't believe that Trump's impeachment will happen as long as the U.S. economy is performing well, jobs are growing, unemployment is down, etc.

Those are the things that most Americans care about. The other stuff is mainly noise.
This, quite obviously, isn't true.

If most voters cared about such things, they wouldn't have voted for Trump. Trump promised change from Obama.

You're arguing that Trump won't be impeached because the Obama economy, has so far, not collapsed. Anyone who supported the Obama economy would have voted for Hillary, not Trump. Hillary promised the status quo; Trump promised radical change from the status quo. Now you're saying the status quo (so far) will save Trump.

Trump voters voted in spite of the economy. They didn't care that the economy was good. So Trump's fate won't be tied to the economy. Obviously the Republicans will impeach once Mueller wraps up (which, granted, could take years).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 07:47 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
The silence is really telling, and it's a bad omen for Trump.

I'm not sure that he's smart enough to realize that.

I asked a women in another thread why she voted for him knowing how Trump tends to degrade women.

Still waiting for an answer. I'll be surprised if I get an answer.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:47 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
There y'all go ... always focusing on the negative.

Wake up and realize the good he has done .... especially if you are an investor -- or just a common sense person who can see the GOOD side.

There IS a huge investigation going on relative to Pillary Hillary and the long term damage she and Slick Willy, along with their cronies, have perpetrated on this country. The list is very long of their hands in your pockets. (and, I'm an Independent who weighs both sides)

Good grief.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:50 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Abraham Lincoln, for example, stated that he was not in favor of bringing about the social and political equality of the white and black races. Blacks should not have the right to vote, serve on juries, hold office or intermarry with whites. Lincoln was very much in favor of blacks being repatriated back to Africa.

Most of our Founding Fathers would have been considered white supremacists by modern standards.

You can't go down this line of impeaching/removing a President just because he says things that people find controversial. That's not how our system of government works. Presidents have free speech too. People vote.
But they can be declared Unfit for Office and removed.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:50 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
There y'all go ... always focusing on the negative.

Wake up and realize the good he has done .... especially if you are an investor -- or just a common sense person who can see the GOOD side.

There IS a huge investigation going on relative to Pillary Hillary and the long term damage she and Slick Willy, along with their cronies, have perpetrated on this country. The list is very long of their hands in your pockets. (and, I'm an Independent who weighs both sides)

Good grief.

What good has he done? He hasn't been in office long enough to effect the stock market. The laws he has passed are do nothing laws. Are not with your post focusing on Hillary? Pot calling kettle.

Let me ask you as a women why would you vote for a sex pig as president?

Old 08-17-2017, 07:52 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Sheppard Smith is an idiot! What was "controversial" (how the Media love that word!) about anything the President said about the violence? Nothing! Anyone who thought anything he said (or didn't say) was "controversial" is also an idiot.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:52 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Something Kelly is finding out quickly, trump is a loose cannon that can not be controlled. My guess is Kelly is trumps last chance with the GOP, when Kelly is fired or simply walks away in disgust I believe any ad all support of trump by the GOP will be gone. At that point trump either becomes a lame duck President and he either resigns or Congress removes him. Next time the GOP needs to have a far better Vetting system, heck just require that any candidate have been an active member of the GOP for at least 4 years.
Follow the Dem's lead w/ the Super Delegates...that will keep guys like Trump from ever being nominated.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:53 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Pence: your VP
Trump: YOUR PRESIDENT FOR THE NEXT 7 1/2 YEARS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHATHATS RIGHT..He is YOUR President. The rest of the world knows that he is YOUR PRESIDENT
On what planet? The Trump cult is living in a bubble. Trump is an international joke.

BBC Anchor Katty Kay:

...“I’ve been living here 20 years and every year I try and spend time with my family back in Europe and this is the first time I’ve come back and felt America was almost being dismissed by other countries and this was before Charlottesville actually happened. There’s a sense that other countries just have to deal without America...

...America is losing it’s global leadership. The White House is losing moral authority around the world and Charlottesville doesn’t help that at all, and it’s almost an irrelevancy. This is the country with the biggest economy and biggest military in the world so they know they have to deal somehow with the United States, but countries in Europe are feeling more confident. They’re rejecting the kind of right wing extremism that we saw in Charlottesville, in elections in the Netherlands and in elections in France, they don’t want that in Europe.... ....They’re feeling economically more confident as well and they’re doing their own deals.

...They’re looking to other countries to do deals on climate change and global trade issues and if anything the Trump White House and the saga and the drama around it looks more like a freak show than anything else. And that’s kind of how America is seen at the moment. It’s incredibly depressing to come back to this country that is so dispirited and is so dismissed around the world.”...

Old 08-17-2017, 07:54 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Sheppard Smith is an idiot!
Um, OK.

So what?

Old 08-17-2017, 08:01 AM

37,188 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Something Kelly is finding out quickly, trump is a loose cannon that can not be controlled. My guess is Kelly is trumps last chance with the GOP, when Kelly is fired or simply walks away in disgust I believe any ad all support of trump by the GOP will be gone. At that point trump either becomes a lame duck President and he either resigns or Congress removes him. Next time the GOP needs to have a far better Vetting system, heck just require that any candidate have been an active member of the GOP for at least 4 years.
If the rumors about Felix Sater are true the GOP may not have to lift a finger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies