Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 02:16 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
This is a long thread to discuss something that isn't actually happening. LOL

All this talk yet no one has located a movement to stop reenactments.
It's actually ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2018, 02:26 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Actually several poster have provided links to any number of events that have been cancelled or have been threatened with cancellation. Does this spell the ultimate doom of reenacting? Not really but it does make it harder to enjoy the hobby just in the name of political correctness. A simple web search will provide many more links then these.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/20063...sons-paul-bois

Gun laws force Elk Grove Historical Society to cancel reenactment | The Sacramento Bee

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...=.bd9ccda079d8
So one link was to a reanactment that was cancelled in the atmosphere immediately following the Charoltte riots, because they thought it was too soon to hold the event in light of what had just happened. My guess is things are fine now.

The other was a reenactment that got caught up in the sudden change in Florida's gun laws. The law was not targeting reenactments. Again, that will get worked out for next year.

The last is just speculation from people who currently particiapte but are worried that the recent revisiting of the historical place of the Civil War will effect the popularity of reenactments. Again, they have recently experienced a surge in popularity, so nothing has happened yet.

So in other words, no one is actually targeting reenacments. At least not yet.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:08 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Is it your position the WW2 German reenactors are all NAZIS?
I never said that. Reenactments are a legitimate use of CBFs and German flags, especially in a historically accurate context. People who fly them for any other reason are suspect.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:10 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
So one link was to a reanactment that was cancelled in the atmosphere immediately following the Charoltte riots, because they thought it was too soon to hold the event in light of what had just happened. My guess is things are fine now.

The other was a reenactment that got caught up in the sudden change in Florida's gun laws. The law was not targeting reenactments. Again, that will get worked out for next year.

The last is just speculation from people who currently particiapte but are worried that the recent revisiting of the historical place of the Civil War will effect the popularity of reenactments. Again, they have recently experienced a surge in popularity, so nothing has happened yet.

So in other words, no one is actually targeting reenacments. At least not yet.
Ok you are right What unit are you with BTW?

Old 03-13-2018, 05:18 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
Quote:
Ok you are right What unit are you with BTW?
lol I’m not in any unit. But I have nothing against re-enactmentments. I think they’re cool.

I just think everyone needs to calm down. I understand the worry, but no ones coming for reenactors.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:49 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,565 times
Quote:
What about Che Guevara painted on the wall or a tee shirt??? 1st amendment huh?
Anybody can wear what they want a statue on government property is not the same thing.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Anybody can wear what they want a statue on government property is not the same thing.
WHat about flying a Confederate battle flag in your yard?

Old 03-13-2018, 08:28 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
WHat about flying a Confederate battle flag in your yard?
You are perfectly within your rights to fly it on your property. My question is, "What statement are you trying to make with it"?

Old 03-14-2018, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You are perfectly within your rights to fly it on your property. My question is, "What statement are you trying to make with it"?
Maybe I like pretty colors? Nobody's darn business what my statement is, yet the second I put one up People will be lining up with pitchfork and torches....

Old 03-14-2018, 06:12 AM

Hey Mods. Feel free to close this if you want it's my thread......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies