Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 08:20 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times

Advertisements

No, the media is not being honest. They are the most hateful corrupt, lying organizations on the planet.

What do you say to a media that decides what you should, and should not be told? Example:

About 15 min ago, that partisan hack Lawrence O'Donell was on air outraged that President Trump did not attend the funeral of the woman killed on Saturday. He was saying this through gritted teeth, but it didn't matter he says, because the dead womans mother spoke "far more eloquently than Our President ever could".
Of course, Larry failed to mention that the Womans mother tweeted a thank you personally to President Trump for his kind words towards her daughter. Why do you think he neglected to mention it?

And of course, last year, when Kate Steinle was murdered by a 5x deported illegal alien, and the family was deeply hurt that President Obama absolutely refused to reach out to them to offer any condolences despite public outrage. Lawrence decided that you did not need to know that, so he said NOTHING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 08:20 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Trump himself lied and said the counter protesters had no permits. Why would he lie to us?

Old 08-16-2017, 08:22 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So you are directing me to MSNBC for facts? Really.

The point is -- if you reference reading an article -- post a link to the article.

Yeah this guy didn't like Trump's bit. It's an editorial piece...not news.

You all get worked up for nothing. I didn't see him on TV -- was this guy all over the TV. Just watched Anderson Cooper -- they were at the candle light vigil in Charlottesville. Very touching.

I directed you to CNN, so "please" yourself. I then suggested it was easy to find this story in many other places, such as MSNBC . If you are not into learning the facts, oh well. You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make a poster do honest research if they don't care for facts.

Editorials that are on the home page of a major news org is news, and media spin, BTW.

And what I get worked up at is being lied to by the media. If you are OK with that that's your call. Not all of us are wired that way, but whatever works for you. I just presented some facts that not one person has refuted, and others have reacted with " I was lied to? Oh well, no biggie" . Nothing more .

Old 08-16-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump himself lied and said the counter protesters had no permits. Why would he lie to us?

Because he is a pathological liar with a narcissistic complex and a juvenile temperament.

What does this have to do with the media collectively lying to you? Why are you concerned with one man that can easily be shown to be full of it lying to you but unconcerned with a major section of an industry that purports to give you factual news and has a semi monopoly on delivering info to the public lying to you?

Last edited by wallflash; 08-16-2017 at 08:51 PM..

Old 08-16-2017, 08:28 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Well said, OP. The lying fake news media just can't help further discrediting themselves. I just hope there are enough intelligent liberals that can see through the lies, but I doubt it.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:30 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I don't need the media to tell me anything. I listened to the press conference - he was unhinged. It was embarrassing.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:35 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
How would you know that there are not some decent people who were there because they oppose the PC concept of ripping down Confederate monuments they have grown up with but don't support racism or white supremacy? Because you saw a closeup edited clip of part of the crowd yelling racist stuff? Please explain how you know the identity and philosophy of every person who showed up at a rally even NPR admits started as a protest against taking down statues?

Then you can move on to explaining where Trump showed support for neo Nazis and white supremacists in his speech.
If you are protesting alongside white-supremacists, you are not a decent person!!! This is why the media called Drumph out on it, because it was a rally organized by alt-right organizations who were marching in a singular line together chanting racism. Why would good people march with these people??

Old 08-16-2017, 08:37 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The OP is just discovering what Trump supporters have known for two years now. I noticed the odd reporting when Trump declared he was running. I wasn't interested in the election, hadn't voted in twenty years and hate all politicians. I'm older so I knew it wasn't normal reporting. Something very suspicious was happening.

I'd read that Trump said something outrageous, then watch the entire video (thank God for youtube) usually a rally, and find out he had said exactly the opposite or his remarks were taken out of context or were dry humor like mine so I got the joke. It pissed me off that the media was obviously in the tank for Hillary. Not even pretending to do honest reporting.

So I registered to vote as a Republican for the first time in my life (had to for the primary), volunteered on the campaign in my blue state and gave hundreds of dollars in small contributions. I read The Clintons' War on Women which refreshed my memory of the scandalous Clinton years. Watching Clinton Cash on youtube and the compilation of video clips over thirty years showing Donald Trump saying what he still says today sealed the deal. Wikileaks confirmed my intuition of the DNC colluding with mainstream media.

The media, establishment ruling class and Deep State are staging a coup d'etat seen only in central America or the Middle East when the CIA does it. Some insane people are so blinded by hatred that they are willing to destroy our country for their own selfish wants. I fear for America.
I agree especially with the parts are bolded.
We actually turned the news off while my husband was deployed because I couldn't deal with the stress and anguish it was putting my daughter through. We still have not turned it back on. Hindsight...it was the best thing to ever happen to us.

I am also afraid for our country. Hatred is going to be our downfall. Those who hate are no better than the protests that happened over the weekend.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:38 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Wallflash has a legitimate point here and the transcript to show the actual words.

It is sad that some posters are unwittingly proving Wallflash's point about dishonesty by denying/ignoring the factual transcript and denying/ignoring blatant mischaracterizations.

We should be intelligent enough and adult enough to say that Trump uses dishonesty, but that the media has used dishonesty when reporting on him.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
If you are protesting alongside white-supremacists, you are not a decent person!!! This is why the media called Drumph out on it, because it was a rally organized by alt-right organizations who were marching in a singular line together chanting racism. Why would good people march with these people??

Oh save the silly azz head slap.

I remember a protest not that long ago when thousands of people, most almost certainly from the left, marched down the street shouting "What do we want? DEAD COPS! When do we want them? NOW!". What do you want to bet there were large numbers of decent everyday people in that crowd that showed up to protest police brutality and things took a turn away from what they thought it would be about? I would almost bet the farm that if I went back and researched threads about that march that I would find liberals here making that very argument, that many showed up with honest intentions and got caught up in something that turned bad . What do you think? Was every liberal walking in that march to protest police brutality an evil person wanting to see cops murdered?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies