Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 09:44 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
Clinton degraded women - JFK degraded women ...Put your thinking cap on please. Trump had more women working for him at Trump Tower - were you aware of that? All these women could have left him - quit their job.

Sometimes we need to be open minded and remember what happened with past Presidents... You do not hear about all the good things Trump has done. People in Washington DC are ANGRY because here comes this non-political person and he wins the presidency. THis is what we wanted. Tired of the nonsense in politics where things do not get done. There was a reason why we all voted for Trump!

Kudos to you. Great response to someone that was pressing you for an answer. And I agree with you completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 09:47 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
You should not expect the brain dead to somehow come to their senses. They are lost forever.

Zombies don't UnZombie.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:57 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Trump haters hate just everything about him and it doesn't matter what he does, say or not say.

The OP and many other haters are obsessed by hating and hate that we now figured out so much about certain people and departments.

I'm a (2nd generation) Holocaust survivor and President Trump is not what some haters "love to hear and wish to hear" BUT fail to proof, time after time! It is difficult to prove a lie!

I'm not happy with how some things are brought out by the administration, but I agree with many of the Presidents policies and disagreed with most of Obama's policies and especially with the biased responses he gave without having any facts!

Clearly the left will not change my mind as I'm not a follower and neither are my friends. They look at facts.

Actually, the way the left behaves the less I'm interested what the left has to say as decent people don't call names and wish such a bad things on a President but it shows the left can't deal with losing the election they thought they had in their pocket. But not everything can be bought!

CNN doesn't have facts, just lies.

Old 08-17-2017, 10:02 AM

330 posts, read 177,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
You should not expect the brain dead to somehow come to their senses. They are lost forever.
And they are called Democrats

Old 08-17-2017, 10:05 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post

Really, do you know how the US economy works? Seriously, read an econ book. I really can't take any of your posts seriously if you don't even know the basics of how our system works, and I'm not saying that to be mean.
Um, I have an econ minor from a certain Ivy League school, and used to work in finance on Wall Street, for a major bulge bracket investment bank. My Econ skills are fine, thanks.

Since it's obvious you've never taken an Econ class, here's a primer on debt from Nobel Prize winning Economist Paul Krugman. It explains exactly why govt. debt isn't inherently good or bad. Long story short, govt. debt is money we owe to ourselves. It doesn't make us poorer. Paying it off doesn't make us richer.

It has NOTHING to do with consumer debt, which is money owed to others. When you try to compare govt. debt to your credit card bill or mortgage payment, it reveals you have no clue what you're talking about.

Nobody Understands Debt

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/09/o...debt.html?_r=0

Old 08-17-2017, 10:13 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
NEW YORK — They wash their hands of neo-Nazis and wag their fingers at leftists. They denounce a press corps they see as biased and controversies they view as manufactured. But in the frenzied blame game over the deadly violence at a rally of white supremacists, Donald Trump's loyal base is happy to absolve the president himself.

Even as Trump's zig-zag response to the weekend bloodshed in Charlottesville, Virginia, has brought criticism from some Republican lawmakers, many men and women who helped put him in office remain unmoved by the latest uproar.
"He has done nothing to turn me away from him," said Patricia Aleeyah Robinson, of Toledo, Ohio.
Robinson is black and her support of Trump has put her at odds with many in her life, costing her friendships and straining family relationships.
But the 63-year-old retired truck driver sees the controversy over Trump's response to Charlottesville as being driven by those seeking to disrupt his agenda and push backers like her away. She said she knows he pays no deference to racists and feels he is the only president who has ever spoken directly to blacks. She admires his refusal to sugarcoat his beliefs.
Three hundred miles south in a Charleston, West Virginia, shopping mall, Joyce Ash took a moment to ponder Trump after buying a dress Wednesday to wear to the funeral for her husband of 33 years, who died of pancreatic cancer.

The 71-year-old woman summoned nothing but support for the political novice who led her to ditch her lifelong support of Democrats. She recalled sitting up all Election Night to watch Trump clinch the win, and said nothing since made her reconsider her vote.
"Let the president do his job instead of trying to take him out every time you turn around," Ash implored. She didn't follow the back-and-forth over Trump's statements on Charlottesville but saw no reason to question him: "I believe in Donald Trump, I really do. I believe that if they would just give this man a chance, the economy, everything will start going better."
Though images of Nazi flags and men in white hoods sickened many Americans, the president's most ardent champions saw no reason any of that should change their feelings for Trump.

"You know why it doesn't bother me? Because he is everybody's president whether you like him or don't like him. Everything he does, he's doing it for our country," said Patsy Jarman, a 70-year-old retired factory worker in New Bern, North Carolina. "And if you don't like being here, you need to leave."
Such enthusiasm may be unsurprising in some ways. Trump himself boasted last year he "could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
Polls showed his approval ratings dipping even before this flare-up, and now some commentators are proclaiming a historic low point and late-night comedians have turned serious. But many Trump voters interviewed Wednesday showed no sign of moving away from him.
In Florida, 50-year-old Steven Damron of Spring Hill said the president handled the Charlottesville situation well, and he agreed with Trump that "both sides" were to blame.

In Iowa, Branden Nong, 35, of Waukee said that while he wished the president was more careful with his tweets or in his criticism of fellow Republicans, his vote was driven by economic issues, and he has been happy with Trump's performance.
And in Pennsylvania, 46-year-old substitute teacher Julie Horrell of Mohrsville said: "I am sticking by the president. It's early in his term yet. He needs to get the time to dig in his feet."

Julie Brown, a 42-year-old real estate agent in Gilbert, Arizona, accused the media of twisting Trump's statements on Charlottesville and said local officials did a bad job preparing for the protests. But she remains fully behind a president she sees as exactly the unpolished, authentic leader that the U.S. needs right now, and thinks of how her 4-year-old son will someday learn of this time.

"He's going to be reading in a textbook one day about the good and the bad that this president is going to do," she said, "but I hope and I believe it's going to be more good."

Donald Trump's die-hard supporters show no signs of straying

Here's what I don't get Trump hasn't done ANYTHING he said that he's going to, He's embarrassed the U.S over and over again and while the polls still show that his overall ratings are at a all time low, none of that matter to his loyalist. They blame the left wing media for this but one can clearly see that no one is going to stop him from doing/saying whatever he wants too.

And maybe that's what they love about him. Telling the press that he didn't say whatever even 2 mins after he said it still doesn't phase his loyalist. Which to be honest makes me believe that a lot of his fan base are rich white older and tend to be a tad racist.

Trump made a statement once about shooting someone and no one would flinch I believe him, I don't think his loyalist would blink an eye. HE would tell that that he didn't do that and they would believe him, as a whole I question the sanity of those who voted for him.

Even more so the women who voted for him as he pretty much called them whores.
I mean, he said he could shoot someone on fifth Avenue and not lose his base and I believe him.
They would find an excuse for him that they can live with.

Old 08-17-2017, 10:17 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Fate tossed a meat pitch to tRump that he should have hit over the fence.

Instead, he struck out.

Bigly

Nope, if Trump had specifically called out haters by name and denounced the groups on Saturday, the media would have glossed over. It would not have been a win for him. Trump has been doing a lot of presidential things which the media completely ignores. Here's what Trump is actually doing lately:

Quote:

The Executive Order will make the environmental and permitting processes needed for major infrastructure projects more efficient and effective..
Rather than allow for a patchwork of agency reviews, this Order implements a One Federal Decision policy under which the lead Federal agency will work with other relevant Federal agencies to complete the environmental reviews and permitting decisions needed for major infrastructure projects.
Each agency will sign a joint Record of Decision and all required Federal permits will be issued 90 days later.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...build-americas

There ya go. He's laying down the groundwork to fullfill his campaign promise of rebuilding our infrastrure. That doesn't sound like the work of a madman, bleating idiot, or man suffering from dementia.

So what's more important? A president who speaks with appropriate perfect language which accomplishes nothing or a president who wants to cut through red tape and really fix problems?

Old 08-17-2017, 10:21 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Yes, that's why Trump's approval rating is the lowest in modern Presidential history.

Here's an example of the "combative and vicious left" Listen to this libturd:

"The Nazis, the KKK, and white supremacists are repulsive and evil, and all of us have a moral obligation to speak out against the lies, bigotry, anti-Semitism, and hatred that they propagate. Having watched the horrifying video of the car deliberately crashing into a crowd of protesters, I urge the Department of Justice to immediately investigate and prosecute this grotesque act of domestic terrorism."

Oh, wait, that's Ted Cruz, possibly the most conservative member of Congress. Oops!

If they're tired of being the wealthiest, most successful country in the history of humanity, then Trump was a great choice. Only he possesses the abject stupidity and incompetence to destroy the greatest country on earth.

Yeah he's more a creature of late Weimar Germany.

If that's your preference, and 1933-era Germany is more to your liking, then you certainly made the right choice. Prosperity and democracy can end, and Trump is doing his best to end it.
Oh look, I'm getting called a Nazi by a liberal on CD.

THAT never happens.

Old 08-17-2017, 10:40 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Nope, if Trump had specifically called out haters by name and denounced the groups on Saturday, the media would have glossed over. It would not have been a win for him. Trump has been doing a lot of presidential things which the media completely ignores. Here's what Trump is actually doing lately:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...build-americas

There ya go. He's laying down the groundwork to fullfill his campaign promise of rebuilding our infrastrure. That doesn't sound like the work of a madman, bleating idiot, or man suffering from dementia.

So what's more important? A president who speaks with appropriate perfect language which accomplishes nothing or a president who wants to cut through red tape and really fix problems?
He's going to accomplish exactly NOTHING unless he mends fences with Democrats and those in his own party he has alienated.

Government by EO only lasts while the current president in office - the next one will come along and tear it all up.

He has been unable to pass a piece of major legislation despite having control of the House and Senate.

Quit making excuses.

His inability to denounce racists groups is just icing on the cake.

TRUMP - Mexicans are bad
TRUMP - Muslims are bad
TRUMP - Media are bad.
EVERYONE - What about Nazi's
TRUMP - let's not single anyone out

Old 08-17-2017, 11:05 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

I'm a (2nd generation) Holocaust survivor and President Trump is not what some haters "love to hear and wish to hear" BUT fail to proof, time after time! It is difficult to prove a lie!

So you obviously know that Trump is a big supporter of Israel, and Netanyahu, who Obama hated, and tried to influence their election so Netanyahu would lose. When did the LEFT become a hater of Jews, and Israel, and the champion of all things Muslim even though that "religion" is known to treat women, and gays like criminals, and abuse them? Plus they are sponsors, or actually commit terrorist acts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies