Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 09:33 AM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
Seriously. When the MSM shouts "Trump and all his supporters are White Nationalists or sympathizers." Why is it that you can immediately come to these forums and hear people spouting the same drivel? Talk about group think.

It's like when Trump was called a misogynist and bigot during his campaign, all the left immediately sputtered the new words they learned, over and over. They don't even try to look up words in a thesaurus to act like they have a creative idea.

I'm being dead serious here. Who else notices this?
Don't you see that here you are proving your point? The power of group-think. With this instance being: Those opposed to Trump are merely echoing what they hear on so-called leftist news outlets. The is repeated over and over and over again by the right.

What if it's not true, at least for many?

Trump is not a closed book. He's mouthy and out-there and has been in the news forever. He rambles on and on with little caution and tweets like a teen. And says some pretty dumb stuff. It's pretty easy to form an opinion of him and what he says simply by LISTENING to him.

Often the negative reaction is instantaneous.

No need to wait for our leftist masters to tell us what to think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 09:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Don't you see that here you are proving your point? The power of group-think. With this instance being: Those opposed to Trump are merely echoing what they hear on so-called leftist news outlets. The is repeated over and over and over again by the right.

What if it's not true, at least for many?

Trump is not a closed book. He's mouthy and out-there and has been in the news forever. He rambles on and on with little caution and tweets like a teen. And says some pretty dumb stuff. It's pretty easy to form an opinion of him and what he says simply by LISTENING to him.

Often the negative reaction is instantaneous.

No need to wait for our leftist masters to tell us what to think.
I'm glad you admit they are in control...

Old 08-17-2017, 09:40 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
Seriously. When the MSM shouts "Trump and all his supporters are White Nationalists or sympathizers." Why is it that you can immediately come to these forums and hear people spouting the same drivel? Talk about group think.

It's like when Trump was called a misogynist and bigot during his campaign, all the left immediately sputtered the new words they learned, over and over. They don't even try to look up words in a thesaurus to act like they have a creative idea.

I'm being dead serious here. Who else notices this?
Probably for the same reasons republicans uniformly echo their Fox News leaders. and I'm dead serious as well.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The difference is the liberal MSM owns the "public" airwaves that all americans have piped into their homes for free. You have to PAY to see anything conservative unless you go to the library and use their free internet.
That is a huge difference.
Why, after all, aren't all Conservatives working at good paying jobs, hence they can afford to watch whatever they want.

Old 08-17-2017, 10:51 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Because they are hive minded drones that can't think for themselves. They just run around parroting what they have been told. They are authentic useful idiots.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:44 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
FOX is part of the MSM now that they've fired all of their decent conservatives. Stopped watching FOX, too.
Well, I stopped watching NBC, ABC, CBS - except insofar as I'm interested in what the majority of people (at least those over 35 yrs old) are being fed. I do listen to NPR though - plus The Ring of Fire. I stopped watching TV a lot around the year 2000, and outright got rid of it about 10 years ago.

The Internet's dividing us as much as uniting us - uniting us with ease of open hashing of the issues that we simply can't find as frequently as in the real world (for what should be obvious reasons), but dividing us with our ability to pick and choose. Still, I avoid outright Marxist and "muscular" newssites, and avoid sensationally scary or guilt-tripping ones.

Even so, I happen to see that the moderate left (i.e. somewhat liberal) sites and outlets correspond more to reality.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:40 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
They're getting paid bank by the top 1% to push an agenda. They'll be fine. We won't.
Hillary Clinton wanted to raise taxes on the richest 1%.
Here's how much Hillary Clinton's tax plan would hit the rich - Aug. 11, 2016

And Hillary Clinton wanted to raise wealthy families inheritance taxes to 65% (Hillary wanted to take 65% of the wealth away from wealthy peoples children.)
http://time.com/money/4504737/hillar...e-taxes-to-65/

But Donald Trump wants to give the richest 1% of Americans trillions of dollars in tax cuts.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetno...nalysis-finds/

And Trump wants to abolish all taxes paid by wealthy peoples children (this act for example will give Donald Trump's own children an extra $7 billion dollars.)
Trump

Hillary wanted to raise taxes on the richest 1% and take 65% of the wealth away from wealthy peoples children, Donald Trump wants to give the richest 1% trillions of dollars in tax cuts and give the children of wealthy Americans billions of extra dollars.

Can you please explain how democrats are working for the richest 1% and republicans are not?

Quote:
Turn on CNN right now. I bet they're still talking about Trump's Response to Charlottesville, when so many other things are going on in the nation.
And if you turned on CNN a week ago they were talking about the American/North Korea crisis. And this week CNN is talking about racial protests in Charlottesville. And in the next week or so CNN will be talking about the next event that concerns Americans.

And do you believe Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un threatening nuclear war is not worthy news?

Do you believe large numbers of protesters holding torches, doing NAZI salutes and killing a woman is not worthy news?

Last edited by chad3; 08-17-2017 at 03:19 PM..

Old 08-17-2017, 02:48 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I just watched Charlie Rose (Cb.s. news) interview the Governor of Virginia and the second question he asked was "Is the president too incompetent to hold the office of President?".
Yep, no agenda there...
Huge numbers of Americans believe Donald Trump is too incompetent to be president, and asking that question is totally relevant.

But today's republicans label any news group that asks tough questions about Trump to be biased and "fake news." And instead of attacking news groups that ask questions about Trump, why not just answer the questions (its called a free press.)

Old 08-17-2017, 06:33 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Talk about echoing their leader, you have to look no further than right here on CD. Every name Trump have for someone, or catchphrase is repeated all the time on here by his supporters. We all know crooked Hillary was beat to death on here, and we all know who started that.He said alt-left in his speech the other day, and it was used by a poster on here, low energy was used, and of course fake news, just to name a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies