Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 06:36 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So you're saying that the problem is education?

My question is: How much easier can it get than to call out Neo-Nazi's and Klan members? If Trump cannot do something this easy, and his own party has trouble confronting Trump over this, what does that say about the Republican Party? It tells me that is it morally bankrupt.

Such a sad spectacle.
If he calls them out the story ends and the media moves on, this way the MSM is focused for days on what he didn't say. Why should he care if half the country thinks he's a racist? .., half the country thought he was nuts and he was elected president.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:24 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,003,333 times
We are seeing a gradual turn from within....those tired of defending him and nervously waking up wondering what crazy tweets he wrote. As long as he tweets threats or bullying others... There is no way any legislation will be passed.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:31 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yeah, I haven't read any of the responses but my guess is most of them say that Corker is a closet leftist and part of the swamp who needs to be drained.

I wonder what it's going to take for people in this country to finally see that they are being led by a buffoon.
It's going to take a lot longer.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:57 PM

1. Healthcare-Trump was going to make healthcaree better and cheaper for everyone. Remember? Trump didn't and still doesn't have a plan. Blames the Senate for his failure.

2. The businessman-Trump said he's a great deal maker and that he "gets along with everybody". Remember? NAFTA? What happened to that deal? Who knows. Don't think he cares.

3. Trump said he knows the best people and that they all want to work for him. Members of Advisory councils bail on him. He dissolves the councils. Nothing came of these working groups. All Trump wanted was the photo op. Empty suit.

4. The wall-"Mexico is paying for it". Now he wants the American taxpayers to pay for it.

5. Infrastructure-Trump was supposed to talk about infrastructure a couple of days ago. Instead, he had to keep beating the Charlottesville debacle into the ground. Result? Forget about infrastructure.

He needs to work WITH congress to pass legislation. So what does he do? Insults members of the Senate.

Trump is incompetent, mentally ill and disgraceful.

What a waste of time.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
If he calls them out the story ends and the media moves on, this way the MSM is focused for days on what he didn't say. Why should he care if half the country thinks he's a racist? .., half the country thought he was nuts and he was elected president.
A smart person would care if only for the simple fact that things change.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
I don't know where else to put this, so I'll put it in this thread. Does anyone else get the sense that Trump didn't follow the script and told the truth regarding Charlottesville and that's got all the self-proclaimed "master of the universe" in the media, politicians and business butt hurt that they can't tell Trump what he can and can't say?

It sure seems like they all think they should be the puppet masters for our fairly elected President.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:14 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
so what?
a lot of people in congress are also not competent, as are many people i run into in daily life.
But none of them are the president and have the nuke codes.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:32 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,705 times
I am disgusted by donald trump to the point of wanting to barf. Didn't vote for him. But, after that one shining moment in which he addressed Congress, I held hope that he had finally began acting presidential. Nope! I was wrong. Every day there's yet another tweet, comment, action which makes me want to bury my head in sand and pretend this is not really happening.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:41 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
I guess Corker didn't get the memo.

WH sends GOP talking points saying Trump

Old 08-17-2017, 09:45 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I guess Corker didn't get the memo.

WH sends GOP talking points saying Trump
Interesting the memo is accurate and truthful and not spin like I would've expected. Maybe Corker is just anti-Trump to begin with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies