Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 10:59 PM

10,454 posts, read 4,036,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Liberals suggested taking down MLK Jr's statue because he was against gay marriage. Lol.
I have a gay friend who is blasting Christianity every chance he gets, but turns a blind eye to other religions, especially when I bring up the facts of the Pulse Night Club shooting.

But to be honest, I actually think all of these mass shooting in the USA of late are false flags or staged events to create panic and animosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 11:04 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/...F2555%2Frecent

Just after Trump asked if Washington and Jefferson were next the leftist media said it was a ridiculous claim...and now here we are, just a few days later, and that ridiculous statement is becoming a reality. Lol

Washington's Dog had a higher IQ than Angela Rae.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:05 PM

10,454 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Don't think for a minute far leftist wackos do not want to rewrite our history and eventually change the very document that has sustained our constitutional republic sinse it's inception.

Heck you need to look no further than Bill Clinton's nominee for SCOTUS, Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Hillary insisted Bill nominate her). She detests not only the document she swore to uphold, but has told foreign governments not to model themselves after our Constitution or form of government.

Saul Alinsky would be very proud of the damage his disciples have done to our constitutional republic via Obama and Hillary.
Thank God Hillary was seen for what she is, and rejected by the American public. This despite many of the useful idiots, devoid of history/knowledge who voted for them.

`
I so believe this. The left control most of the schools now, and I am starting to see an unsettling trend. They have stopped teaching our kids to write and read cursive. I was hanging out at a museum with some friends who are 25 and were taught in an urban school. I was reading some historical book that was on display, and one of them asked if I can read it. I did, and I asked how they couldn't. They said they were never taught to read or write cursive. Almost all of our historical documents are in cursive. If the kids aren't being taught to read and write it, how are they going to be able to study these documents later on in life to verify or fact check something?

Old 08-17-2017, 11:31 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You realize good old Abe owned slaves AND had said many times that he didn't think they were equal to whites nor should they ever be allowed to vote or anything else?

5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation - History in the Headlines
Gotta go, sorry Abe...

See ya Abe!! Lol! But in all honesty when a statue of Abe or Lee or whomever gets destroyed, how does that erase the pain and suffering of the victims of the Black Holocaust? Will that instantly elevate the socioeconomic conditions for blacks today? All wrongs righted? Or will that just alienate more Americans? Town is that helping? It doesn't take a "hero" to go trash an inanimate object. If that's what passes for "heroes" today, well I'm glad The left excommunicated me.

Last edited by LeaveWI; 08-17-2017 at 11:40 PM..

Old 08-18-2017, 12:09 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Or, leaving them alone.
That would assume they don’t offend or upset anyone.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:34 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
That would assume they don’t offend or upset anyone.
Nowadays anything and everything upsets or offends someone. Mass immigration offends and upsets me.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:51 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Funny, I was inside a McDonald's today, and it was in a very multicultural area, and I was shocked to see the TV's in there actually broadcasting Fox news, and they were talking about the attack in Spain.

One of the local people made a comment though, that it was Spain's karma now coming back to bite them, and that they should of thought about this when they were the Spanish Conquistadors so long ago. I can't say he's not wrong in his perspective.

This is a very bad misreading of history.

The reason that they were consquistadores in the first place is because they were occupied by Muslims for 800 years. Fighting non-Christians was all that they knew as a civilization.

That is not to justify or migate the evil things they did, but the ultimate source of that cycle of violence is of course the religion of Islam.

Same thing with the Crusades. The moronic liberals (like our puerile former president) who think that the Crusades are somehow and indictment of Europe or Christinity have not read enough history to know that they were a response to hundreds of years of Islamic aggresion against Europe and the Roman Empire.

If there is a such thing as karma, Europe will wake up and declare Islam illegal on penalty of death.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:57 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
This is a very bad misreading of history.

The reason that they were consquistadores in the first place is because they were occupied by Muslims for 800 years. Fighting non-Christians was all that they knew as a civilization.

That is not to justify or migate the evil things they did, but the ultimate source of that cycle of violence is of course the religion of Islam.

Same thigns with the Crusades. The moronic liberals (like our purile from president) who think that the Crusades are somehow and indictment of Europe or Christinity have not read enough history to know that they were a response to hundreds of years of Islamic aggresion against Europe and the Roman Empire.

If there is a such thing as Karma, Europe will wake up and decalare Islam illegal on penalty of death.
Plus the problem with the karma argument is perhaps karma is what brought the conquistadors to the Amerindians. The Aztecs did a lot of rotten things and had many enemies of other Indian tribes who allied with the Spanish against the Aztecs.

I don't put too much stock ion karma and it seems to be trying to attribute cause to unrelated things and circular reasoning. I personally think Europe and America will declare Christianity illegal by the time they do Islam.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:10 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I so believe this. The left control most of the schools now, and I am starting to see an unsettling trend. They have stopped teaching our kids to write and read cursive. I was hanging out at a museum with some friends who are 25 and were taught in an urban school. I was reading some historical book that was on display, and one of them asked if I can read it. I did, and I asked how they couldn't. They said they were never taught to read or write cursive. Almost all of our historical documents are in cursive. If the kids aren't being taught to read and write it, how are they going to be able to study these documents later on in life to verify or fact check something?
I agree. My daughter is a middle school teacher and she is trying to teach the smarter kids cursive on the side. She will teach her own kids cursive at home. It is unfathomable that we are now raising a generation of kids that will rely on a select special few to tell them what old documents say. The computerized readers of old documents are rife with errors due to handwriting issues that the machines can't decipher correctly.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:19 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
They are statues. You folks sure seem amazingly upset over it all.
It's not just statues. It's also renaming buildings, streets, bridges, parks, etc. It's banning books from school curriculum reading lists, etc. It's doing EXACTLY what Orwell warned about in 1984...

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” - George Orwell, 1984

Only the left is too bereft of intellectual ability and/or too under-educated to understand the ramifications of what they're doing. /SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies