Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2017, 09:30 AM

25,455 posts, read 18,586,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I don't buy it. This antifa people are responding to supremacy.
If a guy on the street is wearing a white dunce cap and porfessing that he, as a white man, is the king of the world, and you, as a "do-gooder," purposely run up to him, proceed to smash his face in, and run a bowie knife through his guts... who is in the wrong, you or the white supremacist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 09:32 AM

1,640 posts, read 790,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Let's be clear, it was Leftists terrorists that shot Republican Congressmen in order to win a baseball game, and ANTIFA and Obama encouraged hate motivated Leftist BLM terrorists to assassinate cops in Baton Rouge and Dallas. Also, Obama voter and former CNN employee organized the 'unite the right' to protest and then brought in leftists fascist goons that successfully prevented the 'unite the right group to protest as they were approved to do....which in turn led to violence.

Unlike Leftists, I oppose all violence (left, right, center, Muslim,...) and groups that motivate their members to violence.
You think that guy was fighting for minorities? As a response to supremacy? Don't get me started on Bernie bros. It's another ball of twine.

As if it's comparable to an organized nazi march that is inciting the destruction of entire groups of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I have never defended violence from the WN.

Also, isnt it enough for these friends of yours to know that they are better than those losers? That always seems to be enough for me. And the only people these losers are going to attract is other losers. But like I said, if it will make them feel better, then let them go and speak their mind. Personally I think it is counterproductive because it only draws attention to these idiots, but that is their right. They don't have a right to initiate violence, no matter what gets said. It's hard to claim "enlightened" status while you are causing physical pain to another person.
No, it's not enough. Why? Because the fight is every single day. Whether it's Summers at Harvard, google guy, or idiots on this forum, the narrative is that women and minorities are less than. Every. single. day. I have to incorporate these realities while trying to raise two little girls.

I don't have the privilege of ignoring it.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:42 AM

18,429 posts, read 15,171,853 times
Quote:
You think that guy was fighting for minorities? As a response to supremacy? Don't get me started on Bernie bros. It's another ball of twine.

As if it's comparable to an organized nazi march that is inciting the destruction of entire groups of people.

No, it's not enough. Why? Because the fight is every single day. Whether it's Summers at Harvard, google guy, or idiots on this forum, the narrative is that women and minorities are less than. Every. single. day. I have to incorporate these realities while trying to raise two little girls.

I don't have the privilege of ignoring it.
It's better to teach them that violence is a solution to people who think differently than they do?

Old 08-19-2017, 09:47 AM

21,407 posts, read 10,493,647 times
Quote:
I don't buy it. This antifa people are responding to supremacy. They are responding to a group who seeks to subjugate women, eliminate minorities (like kill them all), and rule. That is what the KKK is all about. That's what all these people are about. That you guys take issue with a rage response is mind numbing. It's the only possible outcome given our history.
The KKK has no influence at all. Ignore them and they go back in the underground. Keep spotlighting them and they grow like a cancer. I read that they used to have about 4,000,000 members long ago, and now they have an estimated 8,000 members. And that was because we allowed them their free speech, and they disgusted people so bad with their goals.

Let them have their rallies and not engage with them, and they will show themselves for the ignorant and repugnant people they are. Engage with them in violence and call out only one side of that equation, then some will be drawn to their movement.

People just don't think realistically anymore.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If a guy on the street is wearing a white dunce cap and porfessing that he, as a white man, is the king of the world, and you, as a "do-gooder," purposely run up to him, proceed to smash his face in, and run a bowie knife through his guts... who is in the wrong, you or the white supremacist?
I'm not going to gut anyone. A guy on the street randomly yelling is probably mentally ill. As far as organized groups go, how I will react depends on the situation.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
It's better to teach them that violence is a solution to people who think differently than they do?
This is not about people simply thinking differently than you. It's about people who strive to harm you.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:05 AM

30,018 posts, read 18,869,092 times
Quote:
Liberals are very pro violence to accommodate their Leftist Fascist dreams....they just don't like when others return violence.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:08 AM

29,108 posts, read 14,425,078 times
Quote:
This is not about people simply thinking differently than you. It's about people who strive to harm you.
Yeah, that horse was really out to harm her...

UPDATE: ANTIFA Demonstrator attacks police horse during March against Sharia in Harrisburg | WPMT FOX43

Old 08-19-2017, 10:13 AM

18,429 posts, read 15,171,853 times
Quote:
I'm Jewish, so when I see a neo nazi, my thought is "I'm smarter than you and I can beat you in every way. You are the way you are because you can't compete in a fair game, so you want to rig the game in your favor, but I can beat you anyway. So I will just be better than you in every way."

With these guys, the bar is pretty low so it's not very hard.

How come, you can't see things that way. It is a great motivator. It does a lot more for you than taking a swing at the guy.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:18 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,780,786 times
Some have called out ( doesn't exist) not the MSM of course, CNN ran a fluff piece on (doesn't exist) making them more powerful and if you consider how much has happened since last Saturday, they will become more bold, and more violent.

But hey, since (doesn't exist) doesn't actually exist, today's protests should be as non violent as Charlottesville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies