Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 09:40 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
The antifa don't have a flag..they're anti-statist..and shun such symbols..either it is a hoax..or some young kids that don't know any better.
uh huh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 12:16 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
The antifa don't have a flag... they're anti-statist... and shun such symbols...
Hard to tell whether you're uninformed or dissembling or somewhere in between. Everything I quoted is wrong.
------------------------
Antifa don't have a flag -- actually yes, yes they do. In addition to a very specific Antifa flag, with regional variations, which you can see and read about here (scroll down to gallery for the various flags): Antifaschistische Aktion | Wikipedia

...they also readily fly the Anarcho-Communist flag. Here are a couple of primers:

Anarchist flags and stars | Imgur
Anarcho-Communism | Wikipedia

They've been seen using a number of others, such as this charming one.
------------------------
they're anti-statist -- no, they're really not. They meet various criteria for being enthusiastically collectivist, unabashedly authoritarian, strikingly globalist, and openly communist. They are statists. They're against *capitalism* to be sure, so they oppose things like free trade agreements and the like, but they have their own insidious form of statist-paternalist globalism and control.

I highly recommend listening to the excerpts from The Ominous Parallels (7:37):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxwkAlK84vk

After that, I also recommend this primer on Antifa and Black Bloc (33:34):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPvN5o2aRNs
------------------------
and shun such symbols -- on the contrary, people who are drawn to this regressive, malignant extremism are by and large ALL ABOUT symbology. I'm just going to quote myself from another thread:
Quote:
Here in 2017, everything is "code" for something else, "symbols" are everywhere, feelings are under constant attack, and words and beliefs are violence.

Everything is about power, where in every interaction both at the micro and macro level there’s an oppressor and an oppressed. A zero-sum game.

If it can be said by stringing words together, it can be argued for and become regressive dogma using post-modernist illogic backed by the instant communication echo-chamber of social media on ever-present smartphones.

Rationality is becoming irrelevant.
Antifa is pretty much *obsessed* with symbols. Symbols they hate, symbols they love. Antifa is the violent arm of the illiberal Marcuse-style post-modernist social justice orthodoxy.

Last edited by Nepenthe; 08-23-2017 at 12:48 PM..

Old 08-23-2017, 03:33 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
The antifa don't have a flag..they're anti-statist..and shun such symbols..either it is a hoax..or some young kids that don't know any better.
Another shill misrepresenting the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Hard to tell whether you're uninformed or dissembling or somewhere in between. Everything I quoted is wrong.
------------------------
Antifa don't have a flag -- actually yes, yes they do. In addition to a very specific Antifa flag, with regional variations, which you can see and read about here (scroll down to gallery for the various flags): Antifaschistische Aktion | Wikipedia

...they also readily fly the Anarcho-Communist flag. Here are a couple of primers:

Anarchist flags and stars | Imgur
Anarcho-Communism | Wikipedia

They've been seen using a number of others, such as this charming one.
------------------------
they're anti-statist -- no, they're really not. They meet various criteria for being enthusiastically collectivist, unabashedly authoritarian, strikingly globalist, and openly communist. They are statists. They're against *capitalism* to be sure, so they oppose things like free trade agreements and the like, but they have their own insidious form of statist-paternalist globalism and control.

I highly recommend listening to the excerpts from The Ominous Parallels (7:37):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxwkAlK84vk

After that, I also recommend this primer on Antifa and Black Bloc (33:34):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPvN5o2aRNs
------------------------
and shun such symbols -- on the contrary, people who are drawn to this regressive, malignant extremism are by and large ALL ABOUT symbology. I'm just going to quote myself from another thread:Antifa is pretty much *obsessed* with symbols. Symbols they hate, symbols they love. Antifa is the violent arm of the illiberal Marcuse-style post-modernist social justice orthodoxy.
Oops, truth 1 shills 0

You do know the truth is like sunlight to vampires for these numbskulls, right?

Old 08-23-2017, 08:59 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Another shill misrepresenting the truth.

Oops, truth 1 shills 0

You do know the truth is like sunlight to vampires for these numbskulls, right?
There is no truth in anything you posted. That Antifa exists in Europe and has flags may well be true.

But it appears the USA version is deliberately avoiding any central or organized structure. Likely to avoid anything the government can attack.

I continue to believe it a very dangerous and evil thing for the left wing to worry about. As I have said before I don't think they are really of the left but they can bring immense problems to it.

And no I do not believe they are funded by George Soros though it may well be that some organizations funded by Soros in-directly provide some resource. So does the Red Cross and the Salvation Army.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:18 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There is no truth in anything you posted. That Antifa exists in Europe and has flags may well be true.

But it appears the USA version is deliberately avoiding any central or organized structure. Likely to avoid anything the government can attack.

I continue to believe it a very dangerous and evil thing for the left wing to worry about. As I have said before I don't think they are really of the left but they can bring immense problems to it.

And no I do not believe they are funded by George Soros though it may well be that some organizations funded by Soros in-directly provide some resource. So does the Red Cross and the Salvation Army.
are u sure you aren't one of them? cuz you are covering for them like cra cra...

Old 08-24-2017, 06:29 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
A Liberal admitted Antifa was at the protest on Saturday??

A reporter got punched in his head by an Antifa member and received a concussion plus 4 staples?? ..,can't be, Liberals have said since Saturday that Antifa was only there to peacefully protest. Idiots.
No. Liberals have said that not all protesters were part of Antifa. Most were not.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:13 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
No. Liberals have said that not all protesters were part of Antifa. Most were not.
I'm sure not ALL were but ALL were fine and happy Anti-Faaa were there. Associate with terrorists get branded with the same brand, you know just like those that happened to be around the White Nationalists at the Charlottesvile riots?

Old 08-24-2017, 07:51 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'm sure not ALL were but ALL were fine and happy Anti-Faaa were there. Associate with terrorists get branded with the same brand, you know just like those that happened to be around the White Nationalists at the Charlottesvile riots?
Folks in Charlottesville showed up to a Nazi parade that was widely advertised as such, theoretically because they agreed with the cause. Antifa showed up to a peaceful protest by regular people. And yes, antifa agrees with all those people that Nazis are bad. Big difference.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Folks in Charlottesville showed up to a Nazi parade that was widely advertised as such, theoretically because they agreed with the cause. Antifa showed up to a peaceful protest by regular people. And yes, antifa agrees with all those people that Nazis are bad. Big difference.
No, there really isn't. Both are radical terror groups intent on violence just from opposite sides of the political spectrum.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:59 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
No, there really isn't. Both are radical terror groups intent on violence just from opposite sides of the political spectrum.
I agree with that, they are. But there is no way for a peaceful left leaning protest to keep antifa away. It's a free country. You can, however, stay home if the protest you're going to was arranged for and by Nazis. Also because it's a free country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies