Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 12:00 AM

3,887 posts, read 4,542,046 times

Advertisements

Seattle Mayor Wants Confederate Statue AND Lenin Statue Removed | Daily Wire

World is getting weirder every day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 12:02 AM

75 posts, read 36,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
If they vote on it, who are we to deny what they leave up/take down? We believe in local city rights, don't we?

Old 08-18-2017, 12:05 AM

3,887 posts, read 4,542,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilenceIsNotAnOption View Post
If they vote on it, who are we to deny what they leave up/take down? We believe in local city rights, don't we?
Not arguing, just observing...

Old 08-18-2017, 12:09 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
I like one of the posts in the comments section at the bottom of the link:

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”― George Orwell, 1984

Old 08-18-2017, 12:15 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Wait a minute. Removing the Lenin statue? No. Sorry, that is going too far.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:16 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
The statue of Lenin in Seattle is a great example of a leftist statue that offends conservatives. I remember back early in the Bush administration, Fox News was making a huge deal about the Lenin statue in Seattle and people were heralding it a sign of the decline of America and the fact that liberals were communists.

Conservatives; Think about the rage and uncomfortableness you feel when you see or hear of a Lenin statue in an American city. That's how many people of color feel about these Confederate statues. I'm not saying I 100% support removing them, I am just saying it helps if you try to see and understand both sides.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:18 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
wasnt that removed like 80 years ago????

Old 08-18-2017, 12:18 AM

75 posts, read 36,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Not arguing, just observing...
True, the world is a little crazy right now...

Old 08-18-2017, 12:21 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The statue of Lenin in Seattle is a great example of a leftist statue that offends conservatives. I remember back early in the Bush administration, Fox News was making a huge deal about the Lenin statue in Seattle and people were heralding it a sign of the decline of America and the fact that liberals were communists.

Conservatives; Think about the rage and uncomfortableness you feel when you see or hear of a Lenin statue in an American city. That's how many people of color feel about these Confederate statues. I'm not saying I 100% support removing them, I am just saying it helps if you try to see and understand both sides.
You know what? I don't give one iota of a damn about a statue of Lenin. I know exactly who he was and what he did. The statue doesn't bother me at all. He's been dead for many years. He is a part of history. If nothing else, that statue is a reminder of what to NOT let happen in this country. Having a statue of Lenin no more makes me a communist than does having a statue of R E Lee make me a confederate. You people need to straighten your minds out. All of these men have been dead for years and their "countries" have been dead for years. Get over it. You will not change history no matter how hard you try. Someone out there will always seek the truth.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:30 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Troubling if true. I used to live near Fremont and the Lenin statue was something of a spoof. IIRC it was a salvage item from when the USSR fell. It's also nearby a flying saucer on top of a building and not far from a "MASH" style signpost pointing to all points on the globe with Fremont being "The Center of the Universe".

Not for a moment do I think any conservative' with their underwear shoved up their fanny would begin to understand that it's a joke, but in terms of a community prank, a 30-some year run is pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies