Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 03:56 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,404,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Someone should explain to him what the word genocide really means.
He's using it precisely.

Here is the definition from the man who coined the term (Polish-Jewish lawyer Raphael Lemkin):

Quote:
By "genocide" we mean the destruction of an ethnic group…. Generally speaking, genocide does not necessarily mean the immediate destruction of a nation, except when accomplished by mass killings of all members of a nation. It is intended rather to signify a coordinated plan of different actions aiming at the destruction of essential foundations of the life of national groups, with the aim of annihilating the groups themselves. The objectives of such a plan would be disintegration of the political and social institutions, of culture, language, national feelings, religion, and the economic existence of national groups, and the destruction of the personal security, liberty, health, dignity, and even the lives of the individuals belonging to such groups….
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 03:58 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,413,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yeah. We're all stuck with idiots we disagree with. Welcome to the human race.
Exactly.

So the Golden Rule is wise to follow if you ask me.

Then again, it has a color in its name so I'm sure it's racist and we're back to square one.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:00 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,900,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What you're saying is that I'm stuck with that idiot.
You're not stuck with anything. I offer you free association and the right to segregate yourself any way you wish.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
No, you're not. Odds are he wants to live separately from you under a government that will protect his people's future. All you have to do is agree to let him and his compatriots have their own autonomous country, where they are safe from the people they are scared of, and the people who are scared of them are safe from them.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Who's stopping you from marrying within your own race and having lots of children? Why the increase in the number of white heroin and meth addicts- is the government forcing you to take drugs?

Why are you scared of a world where you might be in the minority- are you afraid that there might be some payback because of how you have treated the soon to be majority?
What planet are you on? Whites have always been a minority in this world! We're 10-12% of the population now.

And that last part is a blood libel. There's nothing unusually bad about how whites have treated that 88-90%.

By the way, as she told you, Grandview Gloria is not white.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
No I did not. And I'm going to be blunt. I don't care. Anyone with that kind of mindset, such as that man, I have no respect for. Period.
Right, there's nothing worse than objecting to genocide!

Old 08-22-2017, 04:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,663,170 times
Quote:
Why are you personalizing this?

Old 08-22-2017, 04:11 PM

52,791 posts, read 34,690,116 times
Quote:
As in, you won't go to prison for expressing your beliefs, of course. I also understand that with freedom comes responsibility. Expressing your beliefs and being a bigot aren't always one in the same. In this case, I didn't see "freedom of speech" being exercised. I just saw a bigot. I'm not the type to tolerate the intolerable.
What did he do or say that was 'bigoted'? What was so 'intolerable' about a simple T-shirt?

Old 08-22-2017, 04:17 PM

73,131 posts, read 62,791,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You're not stuck with anything. I offer you free association and the right to segregate yourself any way you wish.
This is what I want. Those who want segregation to come back to never have any positions of power. People like him are a threat to progress in this country.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:58 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,809,075 times
Default Why was a person wearing a Israeli flag harassed in Boston?

Why Is The Man With Israeli Flag Being Harassed At The Free Speech Rally In Boston?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFgv3k6iDoA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies