Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 06:51 AM

51,580 posts, read 25,554,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Wait, he's looking for a reference in "Das Kapital" or Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals". Again, the LEFT wants to force their will on others. Keep it up Comrades. You saw the backlash with Trump, and all the other elections. You will keep LOSING, because your polices are losers.
For folks who are so concerned about losing, Republicans certainly support a lot of losing propositions and policies.

Trumpcare is an albatross. Expensive and evil. Losing proposition all the way around.

The Cheney/Bush wars have turned out to be gigantic losers.

Trickle-down tax cuts have not worked in the past. Nonetheless, Republicans keep flogging them.

Now Trump is shrugging about Nazis marching down our streets, armed to teeth and assaulting citizens.

Regardless of how many insult, lies, and conspiracy theories Republicans toss out, I doubt any of these are winning policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 06:54 AM

29,895 posts, read 18,733,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Doesn't anyone else wonder why under Democratic leadership the statues were not of any issue but now it has become their biggest issue aside from Russian collusion or is it just a way for their propaganda narrative of division and increase racism?
It's a way for The Snowflakes to get back at Trump. and make themselves feel relevant.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:58 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,401,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Doesn't anyone else wonder why under Democratic leadership the statues were not of any issue but now it has become their biggest issue aside from Russian collusion or is it just a way for their propaganda narrative of division and increase racism?
You have to gin up a race war before you can start knocking down Confederate statues on a massive scale.

The dems couldn't really do that while Obama was in office.

Their "white America is racist" theme didn't make all that much sense when we had a black president mostly elected by "racist" whites.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:00 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,638,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It is a NATIONAL issue, and a national discussion, so stop trying to censor me, and shut down my right to voice my OPINION. They are trying to take down statues in my area now also, but even if they weren't, I still have a right to voice my opinion. Typical leftist, trying to shutdown opinions they don't like.
Oh, you mistake me. I'm not trying to shut you down. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous this attitude is. I like that you are giving me the opportunity to do this in public.

You are free to have an opinion about statue removal, as I am free to have an opinion about it. But our opinions don't count, because WE DON'T LIVE THERE. If a statue removal discussion is occurring in your town, then you get to oppose or support it, and your opinion does count, and mine doesn't. Conversely, if my town is discussing statue removal, my opinion counts and yours doesn't. That's what the term "local issue" means.

Or are you suggesting that there should be a national law governing local decisions about statue removal????

Old 08-19-2017, 07:00 AM

16,755 posts, read 8,130,731 times
The Mueller investigation continues with a grand jury empowered to go where ever the crimes lead. It's just sit back and wait. The money trail will be the downfall of this POTUS.

The POTUS may not be able to handle the mental strain of waiting.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Yes, I did wonder, but soon realized "statues" have become another avenue for the democrats to whine about something.

If this latest "statue flap" held any water, why did our school system teach us to be proud of our American History? Why did I waste my time getting all "A(s)" in American History? Why did we take class trips to visit our National Monuments, and why did we feel proud of our heritage? Why are scholarships offered to high school students who excel in American History? Do teachers these days have to omit part of our American history when teaching? Can they be sued for saying America is proud of its history? What about the history books?.....are they going to tear out some pages?
What a can of worms!
They've been teaching the kiddies to hate America for a long time. That's why we have so many snowflakes today.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:04 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,005,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You have to gin up a race war before you can start knocking down Confederate statues on a massive scale.

The dems couldn't really do that while Obama was in office.

Their "white America is racist" theme didn't make all that much sense when we had a black president mostly elected by "racist" whites.
Tell that to the rightwing white supremacist Nazis taking to our streets. If anyone is "ginning up a race war" it's them. It's preposterous to blame the left when it's rightwingers who are marching in the streets with torches and sporting swastikas.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:09 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,638,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Tell that to the rightwing white supremacist Nazis taking to our streets. If anyone is "ginning up a race war" it's them. It's preposterous to blame the left when it's rightwingers who are marching in the streets with torches and sporting swastikas.
And deliberately driving cars into crowds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Your opinion only counts if you live in a city where a statue's removal is being discussed. What business is it of yours that the taxpayers of Baltimore and Charlottesville decided to remove some of their statues? Why should you be able to override their decisions?
We have a National Trust for Historic Preservation, and they should have protected those statues long ago.

Congress should pass a law protecting them now.

But of course, the cowardly Republicans in Congress who have the majority, and who are deathly afraid of being called "racist", will never do that.

This is yet another example of why people got fed up and elected Trump.

18,396 posts, read 7,012,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I'll splain it to you:

Because it's time for that crap to go.

Actually, it's well past time for it to go. Those "monuments" should have been taken down decades ago.

All who oppose America's long overdue growth beyond this silliness should seek out a safe space.

Can you show us on the doll where the statues hurt you?

What's next?

Burning history books?

Banning civil war movies?

I read about some nut cases in NYC who want to tear down antique tile work in the subways because they think the pattern looks vaguely like a Confederate flag.

You people are unhinged whackadoodles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies