Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 10:58 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I can support an organization's goals without supporting the words or actions of each of its members.

So very simple...
And what organization are you referring to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 10:59 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
One thing about so many issues going on in this country is it seems that even if a small % of people do something bad that entire group gets recognized as being that way.

Police officers is a good example. Lets say 10% of the police officers in this country are either racist or prejudiced. That still leaves 90% that are not but that 90% is ignored for the purpose of a particular movement.

Or republicans that have always voted republican that voted for Trump. Suddenly because their is a pocket of Republican voters that are white nationalist it means all Trump voters are.

So if those two examples above are going to be carried out I think it's only fair to label BLM has a hate group. I know that their are BLM members that are not bad people & want to make change in a positive way without hurting anybody. But again, you can't act like it's a one way street.

But at the same time me saying it's only fair is still part of the problem. Because while it might be fair it doesn't make it right & that is why we are stuck in a bad position in this country. I don't see it getting better anytime soon. Change is only going to get better if both whites & blacks can think logically & realistically. The root of many of these issues came from white people many decades/years ago. But to sit there and hold white people accountable today for the actions of there ancestors is not fair & if you're waiting on white people to do so nothing will change.

This country is getting better as the decades go by. No way does Obama win 2 elections if this country is full of racist. He doesn't stand a chance in the 60's or even in the 80's or 90's. It's just a long path to harmony.
Obama supported this hate group and invited BLM to the WHITE HOUSE.. Did Trump invite the KKK to the WHITE HOUSE?

Old 08-19-2017, 11:01 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I can support an organization's goals without supporting the words or actions of each of its members.

So very simple...
You do understand who you're directing that to, right?

I mean, read his signature, or bio or whatever that thing is. Most people's say 'senior member.' His says "liberalism is a mental disorder."

He's not willing to allow for nuance. At least not on "the left." Of course, if I said "people on the right are all racist." He'd at best say that's not true, most likely say "liberals are the real racists." Because he's not after truth, he's here to ****post about liberals. Now, I'd of course never say anything even implying that all people on the right are X. Because that's insane. I'm sure you understand that. I'm sure most people with honest intentions on this forum understand that.

He doesn't care. I'm not sure why I'm saying this, as it mostly makes me a hypocrite. I take his bait too. I'm not better. Perhaps this is more just a statement of saying it needs to end. If we don't feed him, he might leave. Or maybe try engaging in honest discourse. But maybe it's time we all stopped trying to reason with someone who proudly problems that liberalism is a mental disorder and just let him shout at nothing like he would pre-internet.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:01 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,688,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama supported this hate group and invited BLM to the WHITE HOUSE.. Did Trump invite the KKK to the WHITE HOUSE?
I'm not a fan of the former President but we aren't going to prove any valid points if you try and compare the KKK to BLM. All that does it make people look ignorant of what the KKK did for so many years. If the KKK never killed anybody you might be able to compare but that's no where near the case.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:03 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The fact that you're comparing BLM to the KKK shows that you're likely a virulent racist.

You think an organization dedicated to saving lives is equivalent to an organization dedicated to killing people. You're the bedrock Trump voter, you'll be with him till the bitter, miserable end.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:04 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
Trump already invited the KKK to the White House. And subsequently fired a few of them.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:10 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The White people who march with BLM must be captives.
There's a lot. They've had to tell them to get in the back so that it's looked blacker. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsGR8I1vzco

Not enough black people come to these. They're busy working. White liberal yuppies don't have to work, they come out of their moms basement to protests and party then sink back into their computers. Of course I'm half joking with my broad brush but the fact is a lot of BLM's voice is white kids. The new hippies.

BLM is not like the KKK, they don't stand for anything similar in meaning. The only thing they share is grouping, protests and some violent tendencies. BLM only has violence issues when they get super upset. lol

Old 08-19-2017, 11:11 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
You do realize that they want to kill all white people dont you? They also chant about killing cops. But for some reason liberals march against white supremacy. So why support one group of hate, but hate another?
Do you have proof of this?

Here is an article on BLM group:

http://blacklivesmatter.com/11-major...tter-movement/

Old 08-19-2017, 11:14 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
You do realize that they want to kill all white people dont you? They also chant about killing cops. But for some reason liberals march against white supremacy. So why support one group of hate, but hate another?
so in order to have a conversation we need to agree on basic facts. Can we agree that no general group of people want to kill another race any race. Those are extreme fringes of any group.
I understand blm to be an organization that protest police violence against black people. I also understand blm to be a slogan, and they can't be held accountable for what every person wearing a blm t-shirt does or says. BLM the organization has denounced violence against police, it is not part of their mission statement.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:20 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
so in order to have a conversation we need to agree on basic facts. Can we agree that no general group of people want to kill another race any race. Those are extreme fringes of any group.
I understand blm to be an organization that protest police violence against black people. I also understand blm to be a slogan, and they can't be held accountable for what every person wearing a blm t-shirt does or says. BLM the organization has denounced violence against police, it is not part of their mission statement.
Which people qualify as being part of the BLM "organization"?
How do I differentiate between a BLM supporter and someone from the BLM "organization"?
How about this woman-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7umpTk05HgI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies