Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2017, 07:01 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times

Advertisements

...complete takeover by the Republicans?

If people really thought he did such a good job then why would all the power shift to the Republicans?

I personally thought he was an okay president, could be better, could be worse... but the culture his administration started of violent protesting, demonizing police etc is the reason why I switched camps. What we are seeing now is the Left embracing that culture and going even further. Unless Republicans sit on their a** I don't see Republicans losing any seats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 07:05 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Democrats wanted a minority president. After they got their wish, nothing else really mattered. He served his purpose in their eyes, becoming America's first minority president. Other issues were largely irrelevant, and were ignored.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:07 PM

21,136 posts, read 19,714,475 times
If he caused the Republicans to take over, I guess he was the best president.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:01 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
...complete takeover by the Republicans?

If people really thought he did such a good job then why would all the power shift to the Republicans?

I personally thought he was an okay president, could be better, could be worse... but the culture his administration started of violent protesting, demonizing police etc is the reason why I switched camps. What we are seeing now is the Left embracing that culture and going even further. Unless Republicans sit on their a** I don't see Republicans losing any seats.
To Democrats President Obama fulfilled their political agenda which is no different than what Republicans do also.
Obama would withdraw from Iraq which was a promise he kept, he said he would pass Healthcare reform which he did, he would restore the American economy which he did and kill Bin Laden which he did.

If you frame it in those goals and parameters Obama was successful.

As for the power shift to Republicans?
Trump lost the popular vote to Hillary by 3 Million but who knows why the Dems lost so many seats in Congress and Governorships.
Demographics? ( Should favor the Dems)
Gerrymandering? ( Should favor the Republicans)

When and how did Obama encourage violent protesting and demonizing police?

You don't think we have a issue with cops killing minorities in this country?
When we entrust them to uphold the Law and not commit vigilante justice.
BLM wouldn't exist if a lot of these police shootings against unarmed minority men wouldn't have occurred in the past few years.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:07 AM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
I am probably a middle road liberal and don't think anyone has earned the title "the best president in modern history". They all had strengths and weaknesses. Most of the time I vote for what I feel will be the lesser of two evils. If I can't bring myself to choose I vote for a write-in so someone who keeps track of such things knows I could NOT support either front runner. Then, after all the hoopla calms down I drop it and look for better ways to survive the electoral college's declaration.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:33 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times
Before my wife and I got married, I was paying out of pocket for her to have some insurance while she was in school. The monthly payment TRIPLED after Obmamacare was passed.

We got married and I got her on my plan, and shortly therafter, my company annnounced that due to "changes in the market," it would cover family members only if they do not have access to benefits elsewhere. We now pay for benefits twice.

I hate Barrack Obama. In this and so many other ways, he screwed me. Not Donald Trump, not George Bush, but Barrack Obama, who did not understand or care that adding millions of poor and dramatically sick people to the healhtcare rolls without increasing the actual amount of healthcare available would condemn hard working people like my wife and I. But hey, he gets his Cadilac plan for being president. No need to suffer along with us peons.

I hate the man, hate him to the core, and regard anyone who defends him as a worthless parasite, a useful idiot who does not understand they they are being bribed by their own money, or a smug elitist who does not have to worry about his war on the middle class, depending on their income level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies