Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 08:51 PM

1,188 posts, read 959,213 times

Advertisements

Homelessness and crime is out of control. The politicians refuse to let the police enforce anti-vagrancy laws. My city is not even allowed to pressure-wash sidewalks downtown because they say it would be unjust to make the bums sitting on the sidewalks to temporarily move. The ordinary tax-paying citizen supports kicking the vagrants out of the city, but unfortunately the politics is controlled by a radical left that thinks it's the voice of the people and gives the vagrants more rights than the ordinary tax-paying citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 09:05 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Homelessness is often due to lack of affordable housing. Maybe that would be a better way to address the issue.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:06 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Giuliani was tremendous for NYC. The reality is the lower classes were the most helped. Murder rates dropped like a rock, far faster than national trends, and over 75% of the murders at NYC's peak (>2,000) were non white, both in terms of victim and murderer.

I wish we had dozens more like him, as many cities are in dire need of such a boost.

What Rudy & Bloomberg achieved was miraculous.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:08 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Homelessness and crime is out of control. The politicians refuse to let the police enforce anti-vagrancy laws. My city is not even allowed to pressure-wash sidewalks downtown because they say it would be unjust to make the bums sitting on the sidewalks to temporarily move. The ordinary tax-paying citizen supports kicking the vagrants out of the city, but unfortunately the politics is controlled by a radical left that thinks it's the voice of the people and gives the vagrants more rights than the ordinary tax-paying citizen.
I heard the homeless problem in San Francisco is especially bad....... something has to be done for sure.
Out of curiosity do cities like San Diego, California, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma or Albuquerque, New Mexico have no homeless people?

Old 07-23-2017, 09:10 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Giuliani was tremendous for NYC. The reality is the lower classes were the most helped. Murder rates dropped like a rock, far faster than national trends, and over 75% of the murders at NYC's peak (>2,000) were non white, both in terms of victim and murderer.

I wish we had dozens more like him, as many cities are in dire need of such a boost.

What Rudy & Bloomberg achieved was miraculous.
No.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:14 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=4&ajaxhist=0

Old 07-23-2017, 09:19 PM

6,475 posts, read 4,076,574 times
What is a leftist controlled city, seeing as every city at its core vote democrat. We've been through this before but as soon as density hits 5,000 ppsm and it isn't Suburban New Jersey, that is almost ninety percent liberal, nationwide at 10,000 ppsm conservatives tend to
evaporate, anything built at less density isn't really a city and is just a collection of SFH with ample yard space. Although their maybe a few denser burbs here and there that still lean republican

Old 07-23-2017, 09:55 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Visited SF last year and it was indeed disgusting in many parts.

Homeless everywhere.

Human excrement and dog poop rampant in many streets.

Shop lifting and snatching food right in front of my eyes.

All this not far from the ball park where hotel room cost me $500 a night plus another $100 for daily parking in the hotel. I could have had a trip to Europe than five days in SF for this price.

Visit to Alcatraz was good indeed but that's about it.

I don't think I have any desire to visit SF again.

This place indeed needs a mayor Guiliani.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:05 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
I loved NYC until that nazi Giuliani took over, sterilized all the character out of the city and made 42nd Street a shopping center for suburbanites.

Nobody needs him.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:06 PM

19,781 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Quote:
Why do you care? Do you live there?- Yes or No...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies