Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 07:02 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Those are the purported *end* results of separation. How do you GET there (the separation) is my question?

Along comparable lines, another poster who sees white culture irreparably fractured into two components writes it is inevitable that the country won't divide again.

But the days of the Civil War era are past where only the border states were internally split with many border families divided. It was possible during the Civil War for states to declare for either the North or the South.

That's no longer the case. We have liberal enclaves (the cities, like C'ville) scattered throughout a more conservative rural south and mid-west.

And that does raise the question - what happens to whites who want nothing of this divide? Where do they go?

There used to be this tag line that Hannity would throw out (or maybe it was another talk show host, but it was repeated a lot there for a while) - Love it or Leave It, which I always took to mean Agree or Get Out. But to where. The Brits don't want to take stray Americans in. (Did you know that Americans can't even get retirement visas for Britain?)
It's suggested you could have voluntary separation over time, with some independent states slated to becoming mostly white and more conservative to moderate, and the other states multicultural and liberal to leftist.

The only thing I'm interested in his immigration reduction and returning to national origin quotas to maintain and restore historical demographics. But the left and some Republicans act as if that very mild and sensible policy is supremacist neo-Nazism.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's suggested you could have voluntary separation over time, with some independent states slated to becoming mostly white and more conservative to moderate, and the other states multicultural and liberal to leftist.

The only thing I'm interested in his immigration reduction and returning to national origin quotas to maintain and restore historical demographics. But the left and some Republicans act as if that very mild and sensible policy is supremacist neo-Nazism.
Can we remove the Statue of Liberty and purge the history books first? Then we can discuss who is moving to Idaho.....

Old 08-21-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'd say it's.

1. Being in the middle of the pack as far as IQ (Jews and Asians are higher) and yet honestly thinking you are the smartest people in the world.

2. Ditto on thinking you are the best fighters, killers, patriots, snipers, pilots or anything else in the world.

3. Attempting to take credit for the GREAT works of others while likely having absolutely nothing to do with these great innovations...and thereby insulting those who did (many who are not white).

Maybe you haven't noticed, but the Great White Hope we call America is not doing so well. I suspect that the resurgence of the meme of White Supremacy is largely due to this - fear and an inferiority complex....along with a complex modern world that is hard for "know nothings" to understand.

It's sort of a self-proclaimed badge or medals that ignorant people give themselves. Maybe their arms aren't long enough to reach around and pat their own backs.

Even the basic idea that the Irish - who have been used, abused, starved, enslaved and cast aside by the more powerful and richest nation in history (up until the USA)....as having something in common with Germans or French or even Brits - is just plain silly. White people did that to them....

In short - I'd say it's just what White claim to be fighting against - IDENTITY POLITICS....except, as I have shown with one example, they really have little in common other than sunburn tendencies. Whites killed my ancestors (white) by the millions. We've been fighting "whites" (Russians) for decades at the cost of trillions of dollars.

All in all, tho, I think #3 above explains the current movement in the best way possible.
You're just white bashing and stating half facts that aren't worth bothering with. Your attitudes are a good example of why some people are unfit maybe even unsafe for other white people to live among.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:11 PM

991 posts, read 1,110,136 times
White supremacy is an overarching system that confers advantages to white people (or people who can pass as white). In doing so, it has kept white Americans towards the top in terms of the social-economic heirarchy. In the US it has done so through the following mechanisms:

1) Robbing generational wealth through the system of slavery - black Americans were not at the same starting point as others who were not forced into servitude and have been able to use generational wealth to make situations/outcomes better for their children.

2) De facto (currently) and de jure segregation (in the past) that preclude an equal playing field - school systems and neighborhoods that are defunded due to a dwindling tax base. Colleges and other institutions of higher learning that in the past did not allow black Americans to enroll. This has had a down-the-line effect on family stability, opportunity, generational wealth, and security.

3) Implicit bias against black Americans in many aspects of life, including job applications (this has been proven in sociological studies) to treatment by the police and criminal justice system, unequal application of drug laws, and even abhorent business practices such as redlining and unscrupoulus activities such as land contracts which inhibited black Americans ability to build generational wealth in the same way white families do (through ownership of homes). This has had a down-the-line effect in the form of disparity in net worth between white households and black households.

4) Runaway capitalism that has been disconnected from a system of morality - where it essentially okay or acceptable to screw people over for money. While this effects people of all colors and heritage, because black Americans have already faced the other obstacles listed above, they are particularly vulnerable (as are Native Americans). This includes lotteries - which are in effect a poor tax - as well as predatory lending and a system in which it is way more expensive to be poor.

5) The continued denial, by white Americans, that all of the above exist - and that any changes need to be made. Basically, the assumption that there is a "level playing field" even though there never has been.

When people talk about dismantling the system of white supremacy, I think they are taking about getting rid of these mechanisms - and trying to also correct for past injustices.

Last edited by KC_Sleuth; 08-21-2017 at 07:25 PM..

Old 08-21-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
White supremacy is an overarching system that confers advantages to white people (or people who can pass as white). In the US it has done so through the following mechanisms:

1) Robbing generational wealth through the system of slavery - black Americans were not at the same starting point as others who were not forced into servitude and have been able to use generational wealth to make situations/outcomes better for their children.

2) De facto (currently) and de jure segregation (in the past) that preclude an equal playing field - school systems and neighborhoods that are defunded due to a dwindling tax base. Colleges and other institutions of higher learning that in the past did not allow black Americans to enroll. This has had a down-the-line effect on family stability, opportunity, generational wealth, and security.

3) Implicit bias against black Americans in many aspects of life, including job applications (this has been proven in sociological studies) to treatment by the police and criminal justice system, unequal application of drug laws, and even abhorent business practices such as redlining and unscrupoulus activities such as land contracts which inhibited black Americans ability to build generational wealth in the same way white families do (through ownership of homes). This has had a down-the-line effect in the form of disparity in net worth between white households and black households.

4) Runaway capitalism that has been disconnected from a system of morality - where it essentially okay or acceptable to screw people over for money. While this effects people of all colors and heritage, because black Americans have already faced the other obstacles listed above, they are particularly vulnerable (as are Native Americans). This includes lotteries - which are in effect a poor tax - as well as predatory lending and a system in which it is way more expensive to be poor.

5) The continued denial, by white Americans, that all of the above exist - and that any changes need to be made. Basically, the assumption that there is a "level playing field" even though there never has been.

When people talk about dismantling the system of white supremacy, I think they are taking about getting rid of these mechanisms - and trying to also correct for past injustices.
Everything you mentioned has most to do with classism and capitalism and not whites other than scapegoating them. Slavery didn't advantage most whites.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:31 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Can we remove the Statue of Liberty and purge the history books first? Then we can discuss who is moving to Idaho.....

We should at least remove that stupid poem on it that is used as blackmail by liberals and ethnocentrics to allow in every foreigner into our country that wants to come here whether they be legal or illegal. This is 2017 not the 1700's. Our needs are a whole lot different now. Who's trying to purge the history books?

Old 08-21-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We should at least remove that stupid poem on it that is used as blackmail by liberals and ethnocentrics to allow in every foreigner into our country that wants to come here whether they be legal or illegal.
Touche

Old 08-21-2017, 07:46 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We should at least remove that stupid poem on it that is used as blackmail by liberals and ethnocentrics to allow in every foreigner into our country that wants to come here whether they be legal or illegal. This is 2017 not the 1700's. Our needs are a whole lot different now. Who's trying to purge the history books?
You must have or you would know the statue was erected in the late 1800's - and was erected previous to many of the great immigrations. In other words, they had steamships, cars, trains and even airplanes when much of the immigration occurred.

You act as if this only happened prior to the forming of the USA. Read. Learn.

According to those who really know (farmers, resort operators, hospitality industries, etc.) our needs are not that different - in fact, Americans are lazier than ever before and won't be caught dead picking fruit except in a pick your own 1/2 hour trip to the "farm" on Saturday in the SUV.

Someone has to do the work. This has been true since the beginning of time and is, in fact, the entire basis of N. America and the USA.

To wit - even the first settlers in Jamestown flat out refused to work...even enough to feed themselves. Britain sent over a tough general who said he would hang anyone who didn't go to work the next day. Soon afterwards, they figured out there was no Gold to be found (usually the purpose of such missions) and started stealing food from the Indians because it was easier than growing it.

A few years later they figured out that Tobacco and Cotton were going to the cash crop, but of course whites refused to do the work so that is how slavery was expanded.

You act as if the work ethic somehow changed...I'm going to have you watch "Clerk" and "Clerk II" as well as "Mall Cop" series after which you will watch movies about slackers. Then you get some idea of why we need immigrants.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:54 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
You must have or you would know the statue was erected in the late 1800's - and was erected previous to many of the great immigrations. In other words, they had steamships, cars, trains and even airplanes when much of the immigration occurred.

You act as if this only happened prior to the forming of the USA. Read. Learn.

According to those who really know (farmers, resort operators, hospitality industries, etc.) our needs are not that different - in fact, Americans are lazier than ever before and won't be caught dead picking fruit except in a pick your own 1/2 hour trip to the "farm" on Saturday in the SUV.

Someone has to do the work. This has been true since the beginning of time and is, in fact, the entire basis of N. America and the USA.

To wit - even the first settlers in Jamestown flat out refused to work...even enough to feed themselves. Britain sent over a tough general who said he would hang anyone who didn't go to work the next day. Soon afterwards, they figured out there was no Gold to be found (usually the purpose of such missions) and started stealing food from the Indians because it was easier than growing it.

A few years later they figured out that Tobacco and Cotton were going to the cash crop, but of course whites refused to do the work so that is how slavery was expanded.

You act as if the work ethic somehow changed...I'm going to have you watch "Clerk" and "Clerk II" as well as "Mall Cop" series after which you will watch movies about slackers. Then you get some idea of why we need immigrants.

I suggest you stop being condescending to me. I am a senior citizen I don't have to learn or read anything I don't know already. I don't care when the statue was erected it shouldn't be used as black mail to allow in the same number of immigrants or more today as back then for the obvious reasons and certainly not be used as an excuse to come here illegally.

It's offensive and utter BS that we don't have enough non-lazy Americans to do any job! There is no need for Americans to pick fruit. It's not a career job and is only seasonal work. Many Americans don't live in rural areas either that's why we have the unlimited visas for legal, foreign worker that can come temporarily to work and then leave. I don't have a problem with that. I never said we don't need some immigrants but there has to be a limit and certainly illegal immigration is unacceptable. Now you read and learn!

Old 08-21-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:

To wit - even the first settlers in Jamestown flat out refused to work...even enough to feed themselves.
If anyone wanted a brief history on Jamestown we'd just go to a less anti-white biased and more reliable source. I bet every settler to Jamestown, worked, fought and suffered more on any day than you have in your whole life.

Jamestown Colony - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies